20 somethings

StarGir1 said:
Thanks Jo, I went to group and have put on 2.5lbs over two weeks, I don't feel too bad about this gain as over two weeks this isn't as bad as I was expecting.

Things are getting better so am getting back on track from this week and hope to get that 2.5 off again :)

Luckily the consultant issue sorted its self out as we had another consultant cover for our normal one and she was great so I am going to move to her group on a Thursday evening so that gives me 10 days between weigh in's so I really hope to have a good loss :D I feel sad not to see the lovely ladies I have met but I have to put myself and my future first x

Well done for going and 2.5lbs is not so bad, now your back on track that will be off soon enough and then some :)

Glad you sorted out the consultant/group issue too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Goooood mooooooorning. Well I had quite a good day yesterday had physio first for my back and she is pleased with the progress altho there is still a fair way to go there has been a definate improvement from when I first began to go. She has advised that I can go back to work next week hit suggested staggered return and has given me some other advice for when I go back. Still no exercise tho :(

WI was yesterday evening and finally my 1.5 stone award just lost the little 0.5 off to get it last night but I don't care as finally its mine :) :) :)

Just awaiting on some news on Monday now and fingers crossed that goes the right way and life should be back on kilter :)

Have a good day all x

Goooood mooooooorning. Well I had quite a good day yesterday had physio first for my back and she is pleased with the progress altho there is still a fair way to go there has been a definate improvement from when I first began to go. She has advised that I can go back to work next week hit suggested staggered return and has given me some other advice for when I go back. Still no exercise tho :(

WI was yesterday evening and finally my 1.5 stone award just lost the little 0.5 off to get it last night but I don't care as finally its mine :) :) :)

Just awaiting on some news on Monday now and fingers crossed that goes the right way and life should be back on kilter :)

Have a good day all x

Hope you are ok with your back and it's good it sounds like it's getting better.

But big CONGRATULATIONS on getting your award!!!!! :party0011:

StarGir1 said:
Hope you are ok with your back and it's good it sounds like it's getting better.

But big CONGRATULATIONS on getting your award!!!!! :party0011:

It's certainly getting there can't wait till I'm fully back to normal, well as normal as I get ;)

And thanks for the congrats seems to have been forever getting there but am so happy to finally be there :) x

Hi girls (I think we are all just girls anyway?), sorry I have been AWOL, things been all over the place with the school holidays. Never mind, they go to their dad's for the week next week *nervous*, then back at school after that :bliss:

Weighed in last night, and got another 1 1/2 lbs off, so that's me got my Club 10 and my 1 1/2 stone awards - in seven weeks!! Really am so delighted with the progress I'm making, only wish I'd done it sooner! I know it's going to start getting more difficult now, and should probably at least think about doing some exercise ;) I notice a few of you are doing / have done the C25K. I'd like to try that I think. I have no running shoes though, closest I get to trainers is Converse. Would they do for a couple of weeks until I get sorted? What kind of trainers would you recommend (not too expensive preferably, for some reason I begrudge spending money on myself, when I could spend it on the kids instead :ashamed0005: )

Bubblewrap said:
Hi girls (I think we are all just girls anyway?), sorry I have been AWOL, things been all over the place with the school holidays. Never mind, they go to their dad's for the week next week *nervous*, then back at school after that :bliss:

Weighed in last night, and got another 1 1/2 lbs off, so that's me got my Club 10 and my 1 1/2 stone awards - in seven weeks!! Really am so delighted with the progress I'm making, only wish I'd done it sooner! I know it's going to start getting more difficult now, and should probably at least think about doing some exercise ;) I notice a few of you are doing / have done the C25K. I'd like to try that I think. I have no running shoes though, closest I get to trainers is Converse. Would they do for a couple of weeks until I get sorted? What kind of trainers would you recommend (not too expensive preferably, for some reason I begrudge spending money on myself, when I could spend it on the kids instead :ashamed0005: )

Converse are no good hunny, you'll do yourself an injury. I got some trainers brand new off eBay, meant to be £70 and got them for £20 cause I don't like spending money on myself either. You're best to be fitted for running trainers so go to a sports shop, get fitted so you know what kind and what size are best for you and then go and find them on eBay :) you get the best of both worlds then, fitted trainers nice and cheap! I'm going to be doing the c25k, been meaning to start it for the last week and a half but something always seems to pop up to get in the way! Once I've a proper routine with jack I'll definitely be starting it though xx

Hi everyone.
Well I had my first proper weigh in tonight, lost 3.5lbs.
Really happy with that, especially as my boyfriend and I split a few days ago. I normally would have reached for all the junk, but was determined not to ruin my chances.
We split just because we were no longer in love with each other but doesn't make it any less difficult.
Hope you are doing well anyway xxx

Hi everyone.
Well I had my first proper weigh in tonight, lost 3.5lbs.
Really happy with that, especially as my boyfriend and I split a few days ago. I normally would have reached for all the junk, but was determined not to ruin my chances.
We split just because we were no longer in love with each other but doesn't make it any less difficult.
Hope you are doing well anyway xxx

Congratulations on your loss this week, lovely. And sorry to hear about what a tough week you've had. Sounds like you're coping really well - hang on in there, it gets easier :) Big hugs coming your way xx

Hi

Congrats on how much you have lost so far...I wish I was doing as well as you in such a short space of time :) Any secrets to your success you can share?

I'll be honest I don't know what C25K is but I have to agree with Sammyb1985, converse wouldn't be a good idea to exercise in. The trainers I have for the gym were around £25 and are amazingly comfortable but also really supportive, they're Nike Air Pegasus (I also tries on some by Asics, as they're meant to be the best, but these were so much better and over £50 cheaper!) I got them in sports direct so if you have a sports direct, or similar, near by have a look as they're generally good prices as I begrudge spending loads on trainers but I also want good ones and they have a huge choice. Do you go to a group? If so you may already have 'won' a copy of the Love Summer with Slimming World book and in the back of this there is a voucher for 10% off which would help towards the cost.

I am lucky though as my shoe size is 5 or 5.5 so I can get trainers in most junior range which also makes it cheaper and ofter they're the same design/style as the adult range :D.

Hope this helps but if you've any other questions I can help you with let me know x

StarGir1 said:
Hi

Congrats on how much you have lost so far...I wish I was doing as well as you in such a short space of time :) Any secrets to your success you can share?

I'll be honest I don't know what C25K is but I have to agree with Sammyb1985, converse wouldn't be a good idea to exercise in. The trainers I have for the gym were around £25 and are amazingly comfortable but also really supportive, they're Nike Air Pegasus (I also tries on some by Asics, as they're meant to be the best, but these were so much better and over £50 cheaper!) I got them in sports direct so if you have a sports direct, or similar, near by have a look as they're generally good prices as I begrudge spending loads on trainers but I also want good ones and they have a huge choice. Do you go to a group? If so you may already have 'won' a copy of the Love Summer with Slimming World book and in the back of this there is a voucher for 10% off which would help towards the cost.

I am lucky though as my shoe size is 5 or 5.5 so I can get trainers in most junior range which also makes it cheaper and ofter they're the same design/style as the adult range :D.

Hope this helps but if you've any other questions I can help you with let me know x

Asics are the ones I bought from an eBay shop, got fitted in a normal store then bought them for £20 online and they're great :) c25k Is couch to 5k, a gradual running programme to build you up from no running at all to 5k in about 9 weeks xx

Hello ladies! I started slimming world on Monday and up to now I've found it pretty easy!! I'm 24 and its my 25th birthday on New Years day which I'd like to look good for! I've had a really rough year, I had a two month trip to India booked but had to cancel the month before leaving to care for my Nanna who I lived with. She got leukemia and I became her carer. Tragically she died 8 weeks after diagnosis whilst I was sat with her one night. I've also split with my boyfriend of 4 years, his choice not mine. I'm determined to turn my life around and would like to chat to others a similar age!

Hey Serena,

So sorry to hear what a tough time you've been having. Welcome to the forum :) Best of luck eith your SW journey - I'm sure you'll do really well!

Sarah x

Miss_Corset said:
Hey Serena,

So sorry to hear what a tough time you've been having. Welcome to the forum :) Best of luck eith your SW journey - I'm sure you'll do really well!

Sarah x

Thanks Sarah! What prompted you to join SW? Have you been on it long? Xx

I'm on wk 13 at the moment and I'm loving it! I've dropped a dress size already, which is amazing.

My sister in law told me about SW and I'd been unhappy with my size for a while so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm just doing it at home with the help of this fab forum, which has been all the support I've needed :)

I'm on my phone so can't see stats - how much are you looking to lose? Xx

I would love to go from 17.13 and an 18-20 to 11 stone and size 12-14 and toned yet still curvy, what about you? Xx

I started at 12st 5lbs and was a size 16ish and am looking to get down towards the 9s by Christmas. Have never been that weight before so not sure what my end target should be. The amazing thing about SW is that no matter how big your target is, it's totally realistic on the plan.

Really good luck my lovely. Keep me posted with how you get on xx

Will do hun and same goes xxx

First weigh in and I've lost 4lbs yipee : )

That's brilliant, Serena - well done! What a great start! :D

3lbs off for me this week so I'm delighted too.

Have a great week, lovely xx

Well done ladies!! Xx

Back