20 somethings

done* :/ lol

hehe, ta, yeah I was always too scared to be naughty but i'm not now, i think it's come on this week but that's all ok. if i lose i am so going back to the fudge shop!

Welcome Hatwell, you are very welcome to join us here :) I am also 27 and love pizza (still haven't found a suitable SW alternative) I totally agree with you in that I think it's different for us younger slimmers and I think it is better to lose it now and change your habits then later in life. i am the same with the gym as I think it's really important to mix cardio and strength to lose weight and tone up. I don't go out as much as I used to but we have some really good real ale pubs in this country so I bet you never struggle to find some where to go :) Good luck with starting this week x

Claree and Sammy - congratulations on your losses and managed to have a bit of fun last week to so I am really pleased you both did well.

Fran - I am the same as you, being naughty and losing means I think I can be naughty and get away with it so have been a bit bad with my syns the last couple of weeks!! It'll catch up with me soon so an trying to cut them out....am now out of chocolate here and will be making sure I don't get anymore in. Am missing OH but the novelty hasn't worn off yet so it's still ok, so much so I am having the girls round later but that means syns as we'll be having wine and sharing a dominos....it's not often we get chance to catch up so I will enjoy it and know even if I gain this week by next it'll be off so it's very much worth it :)

Ch - good luck with your WI today, hope it goes well and it's better to just get it out the way. I wou

I am still trying not to weight myself at home which is hard but will stick with it for as long as I can.

Also had good news from the Doctor, I am now allowed to slowly get back in to some easy exercise so will do a little gentle swimming at my gym and go on a few short easy walks but I am a bit scared of going back for a full on workout at the gym so will have to force myself to go...

Great news about the exercise, you'll have been going crazy in the meantime.

I just had grapes for brekkie today as I wasn't very hungry - now I'm starving! I start college again tonight so I'm having to have lots of mini meals instead of one big one. Hopefully will be able to stick to the plan anyway.

Yeah it is good news as I have been a bit fed up not being able to do much so went for a swim today and although I didn't really push myself it felt good to do something.

Hope you've managed to find something keep you going, the hardest time for me is when I am really hungry as then I really don't want to cook and I like fruit and I now make sure to have plenty and know it would make a good snack but in general it doesn't fill me so I end up eating too much and still wanting to eat

Lost 1lb :) very suprised lol

Good news on the docs hun I find swimming so relaxing as well as a gentle workout

CH2b said:

Good news on the docs hun I find swimming so relaxing as well as a gentle workout

Well done!
Italian guy in my office brought biscuits. I'm finding it remarkably easy to avoid. My willpower must be growing.

Congratulations on the loss :D

I enjoy swimming as it doesn't feel like work but the pool felt much too hot today which is odd as normally it's quite cool so I didn't do as much as was making me sleepy and dropping off isn't a good idea in public let alone in a pool haha

Claree, you are doing a good job to avoid those, I struggle with resisting temptation so have to just make sure it's not in :)

Ive been good today I celebrated my loss with a wrap and a mini roll but thats it so will be good for the rest of the week and see if I can shift this 3lb to get my half stone finally lol, the weekend will be a test as im back in wales with my family again so will be being strict this time for sure as I dont want to gain again

Although im making two birthday cakes this week for my two nieces birthdays so will have to try not to pick at stuff lol

hey guys, i'm new can i join you guys, i'm 25 and have lost 3lb in my first week :D, my group is friendly but i feel so young there!

Hello and welcome, you are of course more than welcome to join us :) Congratulations on your first week weight loss!! How have you found it so far?

I was the only member below 40 at my first group so I know how you feel x

Good luck for the weekend CH, keep thinking of the wedding dress shopping you have to look forward to and that should help you stay on track :D

My guests will be here in about half an hour and I am so hungry, we're ordering pizza in so I know my syns will go through the roof but at least I know I will enjoy going off plan :) To me this is a lifestyle change and skinny people have pizza occasionally so I see it as ok as a rare treat and therefore feel zero guilt

hatwell said:
Hi - I was looking for a team to join and I always miss the start of the months for challenges etc! I am 27 and hoping to find some people similar to me for support as I think SW when you are younger and want to go out lots is a really different thing than if you are a bit older and have a family and maybe a slightly more organised life....I live with my boyfriend but we go out quite a lot and like real ale and pizza.

I have done Slimming World 3 times in the past and always done well but I've lost and gained the same ~2 stone 3 times now and I know as I get older weight is harder to shift so I really want to lost it again and this time keep it off by building a healthier relationship with food and a better exercise habit. I will be going to my new group on Wednesday and really looking forward to it - hope I can hang out here with you guys and make some friends!

Welcome hatwell x

Claree__x said:
Well seeing my new WI is in a church hall 'cause it's a bloody miracle that I've lost 0.5lb! I was counting on a gain!!

sammyb1985 said:
lost half a pound this week which i'm really pleased with considering the amount I ate and drank at our anniversary meal on Thursday! :) xx

Well done both of u xx

Franalamadingdong said:
welcome hatwell *Waves*

Well done claree and sammy. I always lose well when i am naughty. it's pretty bad though because then i just want to be more naughty and it's not good! i was naughty last week because of family, then despite expecting a gain i lost 2lbs and got my 3.5stone award.... which of course meant i've been naughty all week "those syns don't count, i use my syns on chocolate... *eats more chocolatey syns as well as earlier syns*"

jo, it is hard when you are living with family, glad you are all getting the break you need.

Stargirl, enjoy your time off from your OH ;)

Well done hun x

CH2b said:

Well done x

sweetdll said:
hey guys, i'm new can i join you guys, i'm 25 and have lost 3lb in my first week :D, my group is friendly but i feel so young there!

Welcome, most groups I've been too I've been the youngest too x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I think if you're going over your syns then it is so much better to do it in a one-off planned treat rather than little random bits of bread or chocolate or a biscuit or whatever here and there, makes it really enjoyable and you know it's a sort-of special occasion.

Well thats always the downfall of any crash diet is that your depriving yourself to the point where you give up because you want alot of bad stuff, ive been guilty of this in the past although I successfully gave up chocolate for 2 months without craving any but I still didnt lose any weight so thought what was the point, enjoy your night star x

Welcome sweetdll x

Lol im on the computer now and just updating my statistics and realise i lost 2lb not 1 yay! :)

welcome sweetdll, my group are all mostly older, doesn't make too much difference except for when people think i'm 18 when i'm 25. haha. my group's very naughty, dunno if that's because they're all older or just all naughty. haha

well done ch2b, that's great! :)

star, hope you are having lots of fun. I love pizza. we have a pizza oven here so it is hard to resist. enjoy your girly time :)

Back