20 somethings

Oo id definately be tempted more if I had a pizza oven lol

Well I really enjoyed my girly night, the pizza was yummy and any gain I have this week is well worth it as it was such a fun night :) I was starving though so I had four slices of a large pizza (we ordered from Dominos as it was two for tuesday) and they worked out at about 11.5 syns a slice so well and truly over my allowance! I also have a full english at the weekend so I dread to think how many syns I have actually had this week...

I agree that it's better if you're going off plan to do it in one go than go over every day by picking as it's easier to rectify one big blow out as if you do it daily then you haven't really changed your habits.

CH - congratulations on the extra loss and what a nice suprise!

Fran - I would not be able to resist a pizza over so you have much better will power than I have :)

I found the first week ok struggled on days that i couldn't cook due to my health but otherwise have really enjoyed it :)

It took me a while to get in to it too and there are still days when I struggle but it does get easier. I would suggest, if you can, that it's worth doing some batch cooking and that way you can have some food in the freezer ready for when you don't feel too good

I normally use my hexb for wholemeal bread and half of my hexa for light dairylea triangle to have a sandwich, fruit and yoghurt. if you have a microwave you could use something thats leftover from a different day like soups or bolognese or something or some mugshots or noodles

Thanks star, it was a nice shock lol I may be having pizza hut on friday but will be really good on the weekend and hopefully still lose, another 2lb to get my half stone would be great but id be happy with 1lb

Sorry i've been avoiding today lol, I had an awful morning and succumbed to a McDonald's for lunch. Ah well, onwards and upwards!

Right well I had my first WI at my new group today - first time at group in months and it felt great. It turns out the consultant there is a member from a group I used to go to - she has nearly lost 6 stone and looks amazing. I remember when we in group together she was very committed and determined about SW, clearly it's paid off for her and she's carrying that over as a consultant! She also used to be a chef so hopefully will have plenty of great ideas.

My starting weight is 12st 2, which is actually less than I thought it would be, I was convinced I was at least 12 and a half stone so delighted by that. Also bought the new mag and some hifi bars for inspiration.

Tonight's dinner is leftover from last night, a delicious Mexican tofu casserole with spicy rice - one HexA in the cheese on the casserole and a few syns for LF creme fraiche to go on top. I picked up a couple of Kit Kats from work (currently working on a temp job in an office full of free food everywhere - both good and bad!) and thought I'd eat them before group as a sort of farewell, but controlled myself in the end and have stuck them in the fridge as a treat for my boyfriend when he gets in.

Now going to do a bit of yoga while my food heats up (I am a total beginner, have been doing videos off YouTube quite badly I think!) and then just veg out. I feel good about things now, but I have a very busy weekend ahead of me so I need to make sure I plan and prepare for that and don't get caught out. I really really want to be 100% for my first week back, doing it right is more important to me than the amount I lose at the moment!

Well done on the control, thats still something im working on lol its good that your feeling so positive x

hatwell, sounds like you are having a great day. that's so nice that you can see where that woman's focus has taken her, she sounds like an inspiration.

The pizza oven involves lighting a fire and it take hours to heat up so it's not a temptation you can give in to in an instant... there are no take away deliveries round here so that's handy too. :)

So glad you had a good time star.

I'm rubbish at working out work-lunches because i'm always at home. pasta salad is nice and filling, can be prepared the night before and doesn't need heating through, you can just add whatever you like, bacon, chicken, green beans, diced pepperdew peppers, peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fat free vinegarette or kraft light french dressing (free). or sw quiche (tub of cottage cheese and 3 eggs beaten together, add whatever filling you like (we love roasted veg and a hea of feta cheese per serving, or onion, bacon and tomatoes and a hea of feta cheese) which is good hot or cold. fritatta is another tasty filling one, just have with salad, maybe potato salad too.

Ch2B, fingers crossed for you for next week :)

I lost 1lb this week, again after expecting a gain. averaging 1.5lbs a week which is great. amazing when i keep being naughty. going to try to be good this week. I've now lost 50lbs, next mini goal is 2lbs away, anyone else do lots of mini goals?

Well done on reaching 50lbs lost thats a great acheivement!

Good job fran that's amazing! I do mini goals, I just focus on the next award, as if I focussed on the big picture I think id get a bit disheartened as it would seem like it's taking forever. For now though I'm looking forward to my 2 stone award. Just 3lbs to go! So hopefully will get there in the next week or two :) I also have the next stone brackets as mini targets, which is great as I get that just after each half stone award as there's only a 1.5lbs difference between them, so it feels like I'm always achieving something :)

How much more weight do you want to lose? I'm on my phone so can't see your stats. I can't remember what my original target was in class, I think it was 11 and a half stone as that's what I was last time I was a size 12, which would put me at 57lbs to lose in total, but since starting I've decided I'd like to go to 10 and a half stone as that will put me half a stone under my healthy BMI (so I've got a bit of wiggle room and can still stay in the 'healthy' range) so my final target will be a loss of 71lbs, which seems so far away, though I have lost 25lbs in 10 weeks, so hoping I can keep it up at this rate to meet target early in the new year. Xx

Claree - Do you have a microwave etc at work and/or any special requirements (veggie, can't eat certain foods etc) or any particular favorite food?

Miss Corset - love the idea of adding spinach to a mugshot, I normally add some chopped up ham and some cheese from my HexA but have always wondered how to get some superfree food in it and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing x

Hatwell - Wow, what a nice suprise!! I would love to have gone in and found I was lighter than I thought :) Your meal sounds very nice, I have some Tofu in, do you use it often? I brought it to try but I'm not sure what to do with it...I like food with good flavour but not hot and spicy.

I have an old Yoga for dummies DVD which I do sometimes and I really enjoy it, it doesn't matter if you can't quite get the positions as every little helps! Also sounds like you're really commited and have a good consultant so good luck for this week, we're all here if you need any extra help. Also if you haven't already it's worth getting yourself set up on the SW website as it has some good meal ideas :)

Fran - 50lbs WOW!!!! And Congratulations on your loss this week :) You have done so well and it's amazing, I don't know what final weight I want so not sure how much I want to lose but it will be at least 75lbs which sounds daunting so I try not to think about it, I think I also average about 1.5lbs a week (I am also a bit naughty and struggle to stick to my syns even though I really want to lose weight) so if that keeps up I will be able to get to a healthy weight hopefully by the end of October 2013 as that is my goal date. I set myself mini goals in that I work towards of each half stone and stone award as that is less scary.

I think you have the best of both worlds with the pizza oven then, as if it takes a while to warm up you can't use it without planning so it makes it harder to give in to temptation and when you do use it you know it'll be really nice. I would love to live somewhere quiet and with no takeaways. I have been struggling to find work here so I have started to look in Cornwall as I love it down there and as I have no commitments here so can just move, I figure if I am going to have to rent for life I may as well do it somewhere nice and get a better quality of life whilst I am at it :)

I also love your Quiche idea how do you cook it?

Sammy - good luck with getting the 3lbs, I hope you get it next week, fingers crossed for you.

I have WI tonight but I don't feel nervous as I normally would. I expect a gain and I had a good week so if I do gain I am 100% ok with that because I had fun. If I STS or even lose 1/2lb I will be happy :)

I had quite a big breakfast as I didn't eat until 11 so I am hoping that will keep me going until after WI where I have veggie pasta waiting for me when I get back that will be just yummy once warmed up

For those of you who are not going to a group just to let you know the new slimming world magazine is out today in shops.

I did get a copy last week in group but haven't yet read it so not sure what is in there but normally there are some good ideas and stories in it x

SOS!!!!

Help me please everybody iv fallen off the SW wagon and I just can't get back on it!!
I joined at end of may and by middle of august I'd lost 2stone 2lbs then I went away for weekend n decided I'd just eat anythin I wanted and get back on it when I came home and I can't do it!! 3 weeks now iv not been able to go to class due to shift work and I can't get back into it!!! ??
Iv lost all motivation and I don't know why because I was doing so well and I was really proud of myself!!

Hi Laura,

Firstly well done on what you have lost so far, that is a really good achievement!!!

Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon, it's easily done, you're not the first and won't be the last the important thing is that you must want to get back on board or you'd not be here now.

You've probably just hit a brick wall and you have to find a way to get through it, the first thing would be just going to group no matter how much you don't want to (I am guessing the main reason you're not going is you are worried about any gain you may have), you won't be judged and you'll be welcomed back. I have been going for only 11 weeks and I have gained on 2 weeks (expecting 3rd gain tonight :() but I have never been made to feel bad about it so am sure you'll just be supported.

Have you any idea why you have lost your motivation? Has anything changed?

Try thinking of the reason you joined and why you wanted to lose weight in the first place as I am sure that will also help as they are probably still the same. I keep remembering my reasons when I get tempted to go really off plan and so far those reasons have been strong enough to keep me on track as I know that bar of chocolate/slice of cake/extra glass of wine/take away won't taste as good as I will feel when I hit my target

We will all be happy to help and support you in any way we can so good luck xx

Just noticed you mentioned you work shifts....I used to work shifts a few years ago when I tried SW the first time and they make SW even harder but you can fill in a form so you don't have to pay for the weeks you can't go as you're at work or if you wanted to go every week you can also visit other groups x

StarGir1 said:
For those of you who are not going to a group just to let you know the new slimming world magazine is out today in shops.

I did get a copy last week in group but haven't yet read it so not sure what is in there but normally there are some good ideas and stories in it x

The magazine this time is excellent! There's a take away recipe book in there and the mag itself is full of recipes too, really nice ones! Xx

Claree__x said:
I'm struggling with lunches at work - any suggestions? x

When I was doing sw I used to take pasta bakes, salads, any leftovers from dinner the night before. Hope that helps x

hatwell said:
Right well I had my first WI at my new group today - first time at group in months and it felt great. It turns out the consultant there is a member from a group I used to go to - she has nearly lost 6 stone and looks amazing. I remember when we in group together she was very committed and determined about SW, clearly it's paid off for her and she's carrying that over as a consultant! She also used to be a chef so hopefully will have plenty of great ideas.

My starting weight is 12st 2, which is actually less than I thought it would be, I was convinced I was at least 12 and a half stone so delighted by that. Also bought the new mag and some hifi bars for inspiration.

Tonight's dinner is leftover from last night, a delicious Mexican tofu casserole with spicy rice - one HexA in the cheese on the casserole and a few syns for LF creme fraiche to go on top. I picked up a couple of Kit Kats from work (currently working on a temp job in an office full of free food everywhere - both good and bad!) and thought I'd eat them before group as a sort of farewell, but controlled myself in the end and have stuck them in the fridge as a treat for my boyfriend when he gets in.

Now going to do a bit of yoga while my food heats up (I am a total beginner, have been doing videos off YouTube quite badly I think!) and then just veg out. I feel good about things now, but I have a very busy weekend ahead of me so I need to make sure I plan and prepare for that and don't get caught out. I really really want to be 100% for my first week back, doing it right is more important to me than the amount I lose at the moment!

Glad your first class went so well, it makes a huge difference having a good class x

Franalamadingdong said:
hatwell, sounds like you are having a great day. that's so nice that you can see where that woman's focus has taken her, she sounds like an inspiration.

The pizza oven involves lighting a fire and it take hours to heat up so it's not a temptation you can give in to in an instant... there are no take away deliveries round here so that's handy too. :)

So glad you had a good time star.

I'm rubbish at working out work-lunches because i'm always at home. pasta salad is nice and filling, can be prepared the night before and doesn't need heating through, you can just add whatever you like, bacon, chicken, green beans, diced pepperdew peppers, peppers, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, fat free vinegarette or kraft light french dressing (free). or sw quiche (tub of cottage cheese and 3 eggs beaten together, add whatever filling you like (we love roasted veg and a hea of feta cheese per serving, or onion, bacon and tomatoes and a hea of feta cheese) which is good hot or cold. fritatta is another tasty filling one, just have with salad, maybe potato salad too.

Ch2B, fingers crossed for you for next week :)

I lost 1lb this week, again after expecting a gain. averaging 1.5lbs a week which is great. amazing when i keep being naughty. going to try to be good this week. I've now lost 50lbs, next mini goal is 2lbs away, anyone else do lots of mini goals?

Well done on your 1lb and 50lbs is amazing x

StarGir1 said:
Claree - Do you have a microwave etc at work and/or any special requirements (veggie, can't eat certain foods etc) or any particular favorite food?

Miss Corset - love the idea of adding spinach to a mugshot, I normally add some chopped up ham and some cheese from my HexA but have always wondered how to get some superfree food in it and this is perfect. Thanks for sharing x

Hatwell - Wow, what a nice suprise!! I would love to have gone in and found I was lighter than I thought :) Your meal sounds very nice, I have some Tofu in, do you use it often? I brought it to try but I'm not sure what to do with it...I like food with good flavour but not hot and spicy.

I have an old Yoga for dummies DVD which I do sometimes and I really enjoy it, it doesn't matter if you can't quite get the positions as every little helps! Also sounds like you're really commited and have a good consultant so good luck for this week, we're all here if you need any extra help. Also if you haven't already it's worth getting yourself set up on the SW website as it has some good meal ideas :)

Fran - 50lbs WOW!!!! And Congratulations on your loss this week :) You have done so well and it's amazing, I don't know what final weight I want so not sure how much I want to lose but it will be at least 75lbs which sounds daunting so I try not to think about it, I think I also average about 1.5lbs a week (I am also a bit naughty and struggle to stick to my syns even though I really want to lose weight) so if that keeps up I will be able to get to a healthy weight hopefully by the end of October 2013 as that is my goal date. I set myself mini goals in that I work towards of each half stone and stone award as that is less scary.

I think you have the best of both worlds with the pizza oven then, as if it takes a while to warm up you can't use it without planning so it makes it harder to give in to temptation and when you do use it you know it'll be really nice. I would love to live somewhere quiet and with no takeaways. I have been struggling to find work here so I have started to look in Cornwall as I love it down there and as I have no commitments here so can just move, I figure if I am going to have to rent for life I may as well do it somewhere nice and get a better quality of life whilst I am at it :)

I also love your Quiche idea how do you cook it?

Sammy - good luck with getting the 3lbs, I hope you get it next week, fingers crossed for you.

I have WI tonight but I don't feel nervous as I normally would. I expect a gain and I had a good week so if I do gain I am 100% ok with that because I had fun. If I STS or even lose 1/2lb I will be happy :)

I had quite a big breakfast as I didn't eat until 11 so I am hoping that will keep me going until after WI where I have veggie pasta waiting for me when I get back that will be just yummy once warmed up

Good luck for wi and for having such a good attitude about a gain of it happens, we still have to live life x

laurajm28 said:
SOS!!!!

Help me please everybody iv fallen off the SW wagon and I just can't get back on it!!
I joined at end of may and by middle of august I'd lost 2stone 2lbs then I went away for weekend n decided I'd just eat anythin I wanted and get back on it when I came home and I can't do it!! 3 weeks now iv not been able to go to class due to shift work and I can't get back into it!!! ??
Iv lost all motivation and I don't know why because I was doing so well and I was really proud of myself!!

Whenever I lose focus I go right back to the beginning write down every reason why I wanted to lose weight in the first place, what I've achieved so far and where it is I want to be. Hope that helps x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back