20 somethings

Thanks Jo and good luck with your WI, lets hope we both have good news today :) Though for me good news is anything below a gain of 1lb, would love a STS but doubt it...will report back later x

jo-85 said:
Well about to leave for wi I have had a good week and deserve a loss fingers crossed for me x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good luck jo! Xx

StarGir1 said:
Thanks Jo and good luck with your WI, lets hope we both have good news today :) Though for me good news is anything below a gain of 1lb, would love a STS but doubt it...will report back later x

Good luck hun! Xx

Good luck Jo!

My tofu casserole that I mentioned about is this recipe Mexican Tofu Casserole | The Food Medic without the oil (obviously) and no soy chorizo because I've never seen it in a shop, even health food ones. I'd love to try veggie chorizo though! My replacement is loads of smoked paprika, that's one of the main chorizo flavours. Have been good today because I've not been at work so loads of time to make a nice healthy lunch, went out for a walk and carried two broken chairs to the local tip so that's some body magic right there!

I've also done this workout The Angry Birds Workout Plan | Nerd Fitness which is really good as you can just fit in quickly at home, you don't even need to wear trainer, just comfortable clothes and you can really feel it all over your body!

I've had a good day but need to start thinking about the weekend - we're off to the Paralympics tomorrow and I've got a day of volunteering on Sat (tho think we'll be doing DIY and gardening so that's good exercise!) plus three friends coming over in the even. Must make sure I have everything planned out so I'm not tempted to slip!

Thanks Sammy :)

Also thanks for the recipe Hatwell, that sounds so nice. What event(s) are you going to see? I loved the Olympics but haven't got in to the Paralympics because I have not like the Ch4 coverage which is a shame as I was really looking forward to it. You're doing really well with your planning and body magic so I am sure you'll be a success.

Congratulations Jo, really well done I bet you feel great xx

Last edited:
Can you believe it I lost 1/2lb!!! I was so shocked and am so pleased with that :D

More shockingly our consultant made us set a target we'd like to aim for for christmas!!! I know my first personal mini target is the end of the year but making us think about christmas now seems a bit early even for me who loves christmas haha x

yay star and jo! Good times!

Thanks for the kudos guys.

Sammy, I know about things seeming daunting, 2 weeks before i joined sw i weighed in at 21 stone 3 lbs (it's a wonder the scales didn't break!) Then at joining sw (post tummy bug) I was 20 stone 5lbs. I'm now 16 stone 11lbs. The 50lbs I'm only counting since joining sw. I'm aiming to get to 10 and a half stone. So the ultimate goal isn't even something I'm thinking about. I treat my interim goals as my "big goal", my half stones as my mid goals, and my silly wee 1-2lbs as my mini goals.

Hatwell, that workout sounds fun. I just do lots of walking. Hoping to take my son (17 months) swimming again tomorrow. I've not taken him for so long.

Laura, a for and AGAINST list might really help. Not only will you re-focus on why you want to lose weight but you will really look at what is stopping you from losing weight so you can get to the bottom of those issues and deal with them. I'd also suggest writing out a meal plan and following it, you'll know what you are having for each meal so you won't be tempted to just grab anything, and you can pre-prepare or pre-cook things on quiet days for the days you will be busy.

The sw quiche is just 3 eggs beaten together with a small tub of cottage cheese, then add any filling you like, if we do bacon and onions then we cook those off in a pan with fry light first. then just mix whatever you like in it, plop it in a pie dish, or any shallow dish, sprayed with fry light, then bake on GM6 for about 30-45 minutes... just until the middle is cooked.

yay star and jo! Good times!

Thanks for the kudos guys.

Sammy, I know about things seeming daunting, 2 weeks before i joined sw i weighed in at 21 stone 3 lbs (it's a wonder the scales didn't break!) Then at joining sw (post tummy bug) I was 20 stone 5lbs. I'm now 16 stone 11lbs. The 50lbs I'm only counting since joining sw. I'm aiming to get to 10 and a half stone. So the ultimate goal isn't even something I'm thinking about. I treat my interim goals as my "big goal", my half stones as my mid goals, and my silly wee 1-2lbs as my mini goals.

Hatwell, that workout sounds fun. I just do lots of walking. Hoping to take my son (17 months) swimming again tomorrow. I've not taken him for so long.

The sw quiche is just 3 eggs beaten together with a small tub of cottage cheese, then add any filling you like, if we do bacon and onions then we cook those off in a pan with fry light first. then just mix whatever you like in it, plop it in a pie dish, or any shallow dish, sprayed with fry light, then bake on GM6 for about 30-45 minutes... just until the middle is cooked.

Thanks Fran :)

Also thank you for the quiche tip, I'm going to try it today or tomorrow and will let know how I get on and I hope you enjoy your swimming trip, I love swimming (am not very good or fast though!) but you'll both have so much fun. Your loss so far is amazing and you should be so proud of yourself. I bet you really feel the difference everyday xx

Thanks stargirl and Jo iv just got in bed after a night shift and when I wake up I'm going to start all over again! Getting my books out and doing food diary! Iv been thinking about all the reasons I want to lose weight and that's making me want to do it!
I was going to ask about the shifts I'm finding it difficult as I can't always make my class and if I go to another class they make me pay for missed weeks because my card hasn't been updated by my leader last time I went! It's a nightmare! Xx

Well done on all your losses, you've all done great!

Fran how long has it taken you to lose 50lbs?

Thanks CH :)

Hi Laura, really pleased to hear you're feeling more motivated again :) Frans suggestion of a for and against list is great and I would also suggest getting a copy of the latest magazine, or re reading an old one if you have it, to read about other members weight loss stories as I find that motivational.

If you go to your normal group your consultant may be able to help you if you tell her it was due to shift work so you might not have to pay for those missed weeks especially if it was their mistake for not putting in you are a shift worker? I'm not sure how it works though or if it's possible but it's worth asking otherwise it might be worth rejoining as a new member, sadly it does mean you would lose your losses so far but it would save you from having to pay for the missed weeks. I know if you tell them you are a shift worker you don't have to pay for the weeks you can't get due to work so that would help out as long as they do it properly this time xx

Hi do you mind if I join you? I'm Claire, I'm 25 Mummy of 2 I rejoined slimming world 10 weeks ago and have lost 11 1/2lbs. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride but I am back on track now :) I lost 4lbs yesterday and it was a big shock! x

Hi Claire! I'm also clare (obviously) and I'm pretty new to SW so you're a veteran compared to me!

Well done on your losses! Averaging more than 1lb per week can only be good!

Hi do you mind if I join you? I'm Claire, I'm 25 Mummy of 2 I rejoined slimming world 10 weeks ago and have lost 11 1/2lbs. It's been a bit of a bumpy ride but I am back on track now :) I lost 4lbs yesterday and it was a big shock! x

Hi Claire, you are very very welcome to join us hun :)

You're doing really well so congratulations on your loss so far!! I started one week before you and our start weights and losses so far are pretty similar so it'll be nice to share this journey with you too xx

Not having a great day today. I couldn't get to sleep last night. Ended up thinking about school and what a horrible experience I had and how it's shaped my life in not so desirable ways. There's no one I can really talk to about it 'cause who wants to hear me feeling sorry for myself over something that was a minimum of 6 years ago!

However, I won't reach for the crisps. I was 2lb down on WI this morning and determined to carry that over to Monday.

I know exactly what you feel about school hun, I started gaining weight at 12 and was at least 13st by the time I finished at 16 if not more and I got picked on every day but the way I see it is the same as you see yours, how my life was then has shaped who I am now and I also love knowing that my OH loved me before he even knew what I looked like and loves me even more since, I have true love in my life and the people who picked on me are still single 6 years later and unhappy

Back