20 somethings

* Salt and pepper chips recipe sounds interesting..was it nice and what film did you see? Not sure of the syns but it's prob better to overload on popcorn that eat a whole bag of those family size chocolates they seem to sell at any Cinema :)

* Well done on doing day one of 30DS, I started to do it before I knackered my back and it is tough. It's hard looking for work, especially when you want to work as there is really very little out there. I also hate having to use job agencies, I would much prefer to go direct to the employer as they at least seem to acknowledge your application. Good luck with your search but make sure you put your health first and fingers crossed for you that the doctors in Sheffield can help you x

Hi, Im 27 and 3 weeks in on SW. All going OK so far but must admit to being somewhat impatient and wishing things would shift a little more quickly! I'm in HR, specializing in Recruitment and wondered (StarGirl1) if you have have considered temp contracts as a way of getting back in; you are less likely to be faced with either the over qualified chat and more likely to find a role at the same level as before if you have been out of work for a bit. Even though these can be short term, they are a great way of keeping your skills and experience up to date and overcoming any problems with prolonged gaps in CVs, which can put employers off. In my experience some agencies can be fantastic and I would encourage you to persevere.

Sounds like you are all doing so well, especially given that many of you have had to overcome difficulties in both your personal and professional lives x

Hi, Im 27 and 3 weeks in on SW. All going OK so far but must admit to being somewhat impatient and wishing things would shift a little more quickly! I'm in HR, specializing in Recruitment and wondered (StarGirl1) if you have have considered temp contracts as a way of getting back in; you are less likely to be faced with either the over qualified chat and more likely to find a role at the same level as before if you have been out of work for a bit. Even though these can be short term, they are a great way of keeping your skills and experience up to date and overcoming any problems with prolonged gaps in CVs, which can put employers off. In my experience some agencies can be fantastic and I would encourage you to persevere.

Sounds like you are all doing so well, especially given that many of you have had to overcome difficulties in both your personal and professional lives x

Hi Edinemma,

8lbs in 3 weeks is really REALLY good!! I am 10 weeks in and have only lost 13lbs lol so I know what you mean about wanting it quicker though :) There are a couple of ladies on here who have lost really well over a short period of time so they are proof if you stick to it it'll work.

I had thought about temp work but have been put off it as I want security as I am wanting to be settling down, buying a house and starting a family etc sooner rather than later (I'm 27, 28 in a couple of weeks) and am a bit worried about being in the same position as I am now in 3 or 6 months time when my partner will have been made redundant as he loses his job at the end of the year, it's getting to the stage now where I am very confused about if I should go down that route or not, I think the thing I have to keep reminding myself is that if I did do temp work there is nothing (as far as I am aware) to stop me still looking for a new job and leaving if I find one.

I think the issue with some of the agencies I have dealt with is they haven't listened to the sort of work I want (all I really want now is a simple 9-5 admin type job as am happy to step back and am fine with the pay cut, trouble is so do so many others!) but the keep offering me things that I have specifically told them I don't want for example I used to work in accouting about 8 years ago and they keep contacting me about accountant roles which need lots of experience that I'm not even high enough qualified for which has out me off as they would have known that if they'd have looked at my CV.

I do really appriciate your feedback though as it's great to get any unbiased opinions esp as you're in that 'trade' xx

Temp jobs are a great idea IMO. I've been in my temp position for 18 months now and guaranteed another 6 with no sign of it ending after that. A lot of 'permanent' jobs are no more secure than temp ones at the moment either and at least temping you've got notice of when you need to start looking!

We went to see The Imposter which was really odd. Basically a 13 year old boy went missing in Texas and then 'turned up' in Spain except he had different coloured eyes and hair and spoke with a Spanish accent! Very strange, but quite enjoyable none the less.

With regards to slow losses, I'm totally with you. My friend is doing SW and she's now lost 18lb in 5 weeks. I keep having to remind myself she has more to lose so of course it's coming off quicker. It's quite demotivating when I'm losing 0.5lb a week!

Havent been on much this weekend, had a family bbq to celebrate my two nieces birthdays and had lots of cake (which i made, full of sugar! eek!) so i may skip weighing tomorrow and do it next week instead lol maciecake.jpg at least my niece appreciated it so was worth the extra stone ive probably put on lol

Hello - my internet went off at home this weekend so haven't been on for a bit but just thought I'd let you all know that on Saturday I completely failed to prepare before my day out so ended up eating a burrito for lunch because that was the food provided at the event. I LOVE burritos but they are high in syns. I then had my friends around for dinner and had quite a bit of wine, which I was always planning on doing but not having a burrito too! Anyway, I made sure the meal I cooked was SW friendly (I think it had one syn over 3 courses!) but now I am limiting myself to 5 syns a day until WI!

This week I have nothing on that I can't prepare for so hopefully I can be 100% rather than "mostly quite good."

Im thinking of changing my weigh in day to friday as its easier for me to do it then, so i will weigh on friday and then every friday from then, got alot of damag to make up for i think :/

CH2b said:
Im thinking of changing my weigh in day to friday as its easier for me to do it then, so i will weigh on friday and then every friday from then, got alot of damag to make up for i think :/

I'm sure you'll be fine :)

My IBS is flaring up something awful today. I had a spicy mugshot to have for lunch but it would have killed me so I had a ham salad baguette - not ideal for WI day!

hey guys, I have a new food diary called Sweetdll slimming world diary, project baby!!!and a weight loss diary Sweetdll Project Baby! please take a look, today started awfully i ached all over and felt really ill skipped breakfast, managed to force lunch down and do day 2 of 30 day shred and feeling alot better for it, hope i stay feeling good for the rest of the day, may have to have a rest day tomorrow its WI day and also i have the dentist for a tooth out :( may try doing shred early don't really wanna miss a day but may have too don't wanna be bleeding everywhere after ignoring the dentist saying not to exercise.

Franalamadingdong said:
Guys don't worry I just scoffed two curly wurlys and 2 multipack sized flakes.. whoops. I don't quite know what happened to be honest they just kinda fell in my mouth....

At least they weren't full sized!

Lost 1lb this week. Waiting for class to start now, really dislike this bit of SW. Everyone's been weighed and waiting for the new members talk to finish. I know I'm being selfish but I'm flippin' starving.

2 pounds off this week! Total of 1 stone 13lbs lost in 11 weeks! Hopefully get my 2 stone award next week, though got a wedding to go to on Friday so best be good to make sure I get it!! :) xx

Lol claree, my only saving grace. Haha. Why not bring something with you to class? It is a running joke that I always eat through class. It is a morning one and with a little one I have no time to eat myself before leaving for class, especially if I am walking in. It's usually just yogurt and fruit. Well done on your loss though :)

Yay Sammy, you're doing amazing. I'm sure you'll get your 2 stone next week

Congrats Clare and Sammy :)

Clare I feel the same as you, really get fed up of waiting around for group to start, me group start time is 7pm but they're never started image therapy (think that's what it's called!) before 7.40 so for a group that is meant to last an hour I have never been out before 8.30pm. I take something to eat with my like Fran does as it's easier as I'll never have my tea before going to group.

I had sausage, mash, lots and lots of veg, 1/2 a giant yorkshire pud and onion gravy for my tea so that wasn't the best day but I am trying to get stuff out my freezer and clear the shelves etc so there will be quite a few days where I will be over my syns but worth it to make some room esp if I do move

Thanks ladies! Really hope I do get that shiney next week! :) xx

Star, ours starts at 9:30 and finishes 11:15 ish. It means my son gets very bored and the other week kept creeping up to the consultant and going "boo" (new thing he'd learnt) we've a stand in this week so I hope she is ok with little monkeys! And yes, I bring him loads of treats and toys but it is just too long for him. Thankfully everyone loves him and starts giggling when the signs appear to be walking round the room.

well done on your losses girls thats great! i think ive gained 3 and 1/2lbs lol nvm will weigh friday and see if i can reverse some damage

Lol Fran I can imagine he gets a bit fed up! I get bored waiting around so I bet the little ones get really bored. All of my groups have been child friendly so I am sure you'll have no problem, the group I originally joined had more kids there that actual members on a couple of occasions!!

Just out of interest from those of you who go to group, does your consultant do anything other than work their way around the group and discuss each individuals loss/gain before doing a raffle or do they actually do something or maybe have a theme each week? Because my C takes so long to get through the new member talks and often members turn up half an hour late it feels rushed once it finally gets going so I am intrigued as to what it is like in other groups.
I tried originally about 5 years ago when it was just red/green and they seemed to have a theme each week but not it feels a bit bare bones (I stopped originally as found it too restrictive and was about just under 12 stone so not as big as now)

CH – don’t worry too much about the gain, you had your family celebrations and I know it can be hard to stick to plan on those sort of occasions (loved the cake by the way!) any maybe it’s a good idea to change the WI day to suit you more. Getting back on track or even in to this can be hard so good luck.

I know you’re trying to save for your wedding but do you think it’d be worth joining a group for say 6 weeks? I think it’d be about £30. That way you’ll get all the benefits of a new member talk/pack and you’ll have website access which might help you stay on track. I know for me when I tried to do it online it just didn’t work as I needed the motivation of a group to go to as when I’m just weighing for me I didn’t feel that motivated and if OH suggested we go out for a meal etc I’d just have whatever I wanted as it wouldn’t matter if I gained as it’s only be me who knew if that makes sense.

Back