20 somethings

I wish I could go to a group but the only ones close enough will cost me 3.80 a week bus fare plus they are at times when im working so its a bit difficult, I dont have any other family things going on until end of october now so gunna try have a few really good weeks before I go away at the start of october then a good few weeks after until I go dress shopping, im doing better than I expected when I started but I got to stop going away from the plan when I visit my family so I need to be more strict on those weekends, will see what happens up until I go away, may reconsider the group thing after I get back from my hols if I dont do too good up until then

Claree__x said:
I've decided I would like to be 10st 7lb by Christmas. That's 17lb in 15 weeks exactly, I'm sure I can do that.

That my ultimate goal too, but I still have 44 lbs to go to get there. Hoping to get there very early new year though! My target at slimming world so far is 11 and a half stone, so hoping if I can continue my 2lbs a week average that I'll get there for Christmas. Then I'll hopefully be a size 12 and can start looking at dresses and lose the final stone early in the new year.

With only 17lbs to go I'm sure you'll make it hun! :) xx

That's not my ultimate target unfortunately :( according to a BMI calculator I have to be 8st7lb to be in a healthy BMI. That's insane!

It's best to beva weight you are happy at and can maintain. I have 10 stone 7lbs as my target, but it is so far away I don't know how I will feel at that point so I am just working to interim targets for now.

Star, my usual consultant is fine with him which is good, she knows it's a case of she is fine with him or I don't come, and I have a lot to lose so it'd be a lot of money she'd lose. Out group is like yours I'm afraid.

Claree__x said:
That's not my ultimate target unfortunately :( according to a BMI calculator I have to be 8st7lb to be in a healthy BMI. That's insane!

How tall are you hun? I'm 5 foot 6 and think my ideal weight is supposedly around 8 and a half stone, but im broadly built and would look ridiculous that size, I wasn't even that size when I was a kid! I was one of those kids 10 stone aged 10, 11 stone aged 11, 12 stone aged 12 etc so I thought your weight was meant to be the same as your age until I realised the other kids didn't weigh as much as me as they were all skinny compared to me. I was happy at 11 and a half and I was a size 12 and curvey for two months while I was 19, so 10 and a half feels like i may be taking it a bit too far really, but will see how I go and if I dont like it then it's easier to put weight back on than it is to lose it :) xx

Claree__x said:
I'm only 5'2 but curvy so I don't think I could be 8 and a half stone if I tried!

Just do whatever feels right for you hunny, that's what matters :) it's you who has to live with whatever size you are afterall! :) xx

CH - that's a shame about the bus fares but you're doing well and we'll all be there to help when we can. It's hard when food isn't controlled by you as I find when I am elsewhere I kind of have to eat whatever I am given which is never SW friendly.

Clare - good luck with the 17lbs by the end of the year, you will def do that :) Even bigger luck with kicking the Coke habit, I had to do that myself as was totally addicted to Diet Coke and felt much better for it. I am 5 3 just and for my height I think my range is between about 8st and 10st so I bet yours if similar. If you do a google search for BHF BMI calculator there is a really good calculator that shows you your ranges.

I have no idea what end weight I want to be but I will know when I get there and have to agree with Fran as it's important to be at a weight that you are happy with and can maintain as I'd rather be 1/2 stone heavier and maintain it than be that 1/2 stone lighter and every day be a struggle.

I'm also like you Fran that I have quite a bit to lose (min 6stone) and I only average about 1lb a week so I will be there for a good long time so I think my consultant should be nice to me as she will make a lot of money from me lol, also thanks for letting know how your group goes, it's good to know I'm not missing anything :) x

My mum used to go to my group and said a fill in woman was really good and ran it differently. Mum hates the consultant so much. Haha. But we get weighed the she reads out any news, goes through the group then raffle, she asks if anyone has struggled before going theough everyone and we each get a turn to say something. Mine doesnt really cook so relies on me to say what recipes are good from the mag. She knows syns for pasta n sauces and Couscous stuff. curious to see how tomorrow goes. Having to be dropped off early too.

My consultant is hoping next year I will do well in competitions because I have only gained twice due to water (from exercise and a total of 2lbs) so should be very close to target by next years competitions. Having had my photo taken this year I could see a huge difference AND I think I've regained my inch in height, o just need a tape measure!

I bet you will do well if you keep on progressing Fran, your loss so far is great but also over a sensible period of time, so more likely to keep it off!

I just came into the thread to post a great quote I had forgotten about but saw in someone's sig earlier, it really used to motivate me and will again:

"Being overweight is hard. Losing weight is hard. Choose your hard."

hiya!!

im 25 and needing motivation!

I've lost 4 stone 9 - as of my last weigh in last week - didn't go this week hence needing motivation!

im bridesmaid on October 6th.

if i could loose enough to be 5 stone 7 off that'd be fab! i still have a good few stones to go so i can do this just lacking motivation... help me!

im going to do the 30 day shred now - day 1! and then have mushrooms and plum tomatoes for brekkie.

i know if i did one good week and lost some weight itd spur me on, its just lazyness! :-(

Thanks hatwell, that's a great quote. I ended up doing well again. It seems the naughtier I am the better I do.

Moving - you've had a brilliant loss, a stone in such a short period would be too much for me, make sure your Target is achievable. Planning my meals helps push me, and just a little extra exercise (1 extra walk) is enough of a boost.

Good news, lost 2.5lbs this week. Nate was naughty but the new consultant was fabulous! Really engaging, didn't tell people the same stock responses, and when they gave them like "i'll do the plan properly this week" she asked what that meant to them. She was so full of energy too! Wonderful, I want to keep her as my consultant! Shame she is from 30 miles away! My total is 3 stone 10.5lbs now. 4 stone award is now in sight.... Next mini goal is 1.5lbs to make me 16.5 stone, then just 2lbs to the 4 stone award! Mini-goal-tastic!

Had a day off work today and I've been out and about but I've found it surprisingly easy not to just grab something to eat - yay for me!

I tried the quorn sticky fillets for lunch, I'm not a fan haha! Trying to mix up my lunches at work so I'm not having baked potatos or super noodles - it's a struggle!

Well, I had my first WI tonight and I............STS. Really annoying because I did go off a bit on Saturday but nothing major, and have been very good the rest of the time and done lots of walking and some exercise. Still, need to stay focussed, if I'm good this week then maybe I'll get a big loss next week!

well done clare, and yeah, they sound gross :p have you done the sw quiche or a tortilla? great to have hot or cold. my son has a play date after toddlers on friday morning so i'll be making the quiche the night before and serve with some veg and sw chips for the two boys and two mums for lunch!

oh hatwell that sucks! did you have plenty of fluids? if i don't drink enough my losses drop right down, especially if coupled with an increase in exercise. it means i am constantly peeing but it is a small price to pay! I'm sure it'll drop off for next weigh in.

well done fran your doing fantastic, your the inspiration for me this week to give me a boost :)

Haha Fran you've had the same thing as me as when I had a consultant cover my group I realised how much better it could be!! This was the final straw for me to change groups and although I wish she would do more than just go through everyones loss/gains I do know she is a good consultant so small price to pay. Congratulations on the loss too, you really are amazing. I am sure you'll be winning prizes next year and will be in the magazine before you know it!! xx

Hi keepMoving - I can't really offer much in tips for quick weight loss but all I can say is try to increase your speed foods and make sure you're drinking enough. You have done so well so far and should be so proud of yourself for having done as well as you have. If you make your target for the wedding that would be great but don't feel bad if you don't as the changes you've already gone through because of your loss so far will hopefully help you feel really confident on the day x

Hatwell - sorry to hear you've STS but a STS it still better than a gain and it's really good you're still motivated as I know how rubbish it can feel to STS, if you manage to stay on plan this week I am sure you'll have a loss next week. Also thanks for the quote, I remember seeing that before and it's so true. Being overweight sucks and although it's hard to lose weight it's better to keep on track as when you hit target it'll all be worth it. I've said it before and I know she got a lot of stick when she said this but I keep reminding myself of Kate Moss saying something like 'nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' when I am having a really tough day and am desperate for something sweet and it helps as I know I'd enjoy whatever I ate short term but I also know long term I will feel happier when not overweight x

Well done Clare on your willpower on your day off :) Are those quorn sticky fillets the BBQ ones? I have wanted to try them but no where near me sells them :( I have to admit I like quorn mince and I like quorn chicken so use them quite often, OH doesn't like them butmost of the time when I make something with the mince and don't tell him he doesn't even notice lol I am a bad girlfriend

Back