20 somethings

Hello girls, would you mind if I joined? I'm 24 and a teacher from Yorkshire. Put the 2 stone I lost at uni back on since being a qualified teacher and decided its time to make a change in the right direction again. Could do with all the motivation I can get :)

Hey there, can I join in? I know I'm the wrong side of 20's being as this is my last year as a 20-something, but I have 10 months until you have to kick me out haha

Well let's see, I'm 29 (as you've no doubt gathered by now) and a mum to three gorgeous kids. 12 year old girl, 9 year old boy, and a girl who'll be three next month. They keep me on my toes, let me tell you. In my spare time (when I actually HAVE some of that) I like to read, and I'm a regular fan of karaoke and sing in competitions.
I've been doing SW since Sept. 2011 and have lost 3st 12lb since then. Hoping to hit the 4st mark this Tuesday at WI, and want another 2st by Xmas, and to reach my target by my daughter's Confirmation in March/April, so I have a hard slog ahead of me, with 5st until target, but if I knuckle down and work hard, I suppose it's possible. If I don't reach goal by then, I'll be happy for it to be within sight, and to hit target by my later date of July, to start my Dirty Thirties in slim-style-ee!

Well, that's me!

Haha fran, dont know how you could possibly think that meant anything else!

Welcome stephie! When is your first weigh in? Dont be nervous, you will be fine!

Welcome Mandy, i dont think you will be told to get lost when you turn 30 lol good to see how well you have done so far, i started at the same weight as you did so its good to know it can make a difference if i stick to it :)

Well i didnt weigh again today as its now TOM (sorry for tmi lol) and i feel worse and more bloated than normal :/

First weigh in on Monday, joined on Wednesday at a different meeting. Basically things kept cropping up and delaying me joining on Monday but decided I needed to get joined and started so went to another local one.
Means I only have five days for first weigh though!

Mine was Mondays (i do mine at home not group) but I decided to do it Fridays because weekends seem to be my downfall as I spend most of them with family and its hard not to eat what they eat, but I didnt weigh friday so may leave it until Monday now and then change to Fridays so will only have 4 days next week!

I am gunna be better when im with my family from now on though and make my own meals if need be otherwise im never gunna lose weight as I keep getting some off then putting it back on again its like a never ending cycle of loss and gain atm lol

stephiemappps said:
Hello girls, would you mind if I joined? I'm 24 and a teacher from Yorkshire. Put the 2 stone I lost at uni back on since being a qualified teacher and decided its time to make a change in the right direction again. Could do with all the motivation I can get :)

Welcome stephie x

xMandyDx said:
Hey there, can I join in? I know I'm the wrong side of 20's being as this is my last year as a 20-something, but I have 10 months until you have to kick me out haha

Well let's see, I'm 29 (as you've no doubt gathered by now) and a mum to three gorgeous kids. 12 year old girl, 9 year old boy, and a girl who'll be three next month. They keep me on my toes, let me tell you. In my spare time (when I actually HAVE some of that) I like to read, and I'm a regular fan of karaoke and sing in competitions.
I've been doing SW since Sept. 2011 and have lost 3st 12lb since then. Hoping to hit the 4st mark this Tuesday at WI, and want another 2st by Xmas, and to reach my target by my daughter's Confirmation in March/April, so I have a hard slog ahead of me, with 5st until target, but if I knuckle down and work hard, I suppose it's possible. If I don't reach goal by then, I'll be happy for it to be within sight, and to hit target by my later date of July, to start my Dirty Thirties in slim-style-ee!

Well, that's me!

Welcome mandy x

CH2b said:
Mine was Mondays (i do mine at home not group) but I decided to do it Fridays because weekends seem to be my downfall as I spend most of them with family and its hard not to eat what they eat, but I didnt weigh friday so may leave it until Monday now and then change to Fridays so will only have 4 days next week!

I am gunna be better when im with my family from now on though and make my own meals if need be otherwise im never gunna lose weight as I keep getting some off then putting it back on again its like a never ending cycle of loss and gain atm lol

Oh I know this feeling oh too well Hun my family are exactly the same it is hard work having to cook for yourself but better than having to eat crap! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Its very hard because we all eat as a family all 13 of us so to do myself something different is so hard but I take my own bread and fruit and stuff to try and balance it out and if we have roast dinner I try to have more veg than anything else, in a couple of weeks I will be at mil's house for two weeks that will be a challenge as she likes to cook allsorts of traditional chinese food for her kids and alot of it is deep fried lol :/ my dreams of being a size 14 (at least) bride are looking dim atm but im sure one I get the hang of this properly it will all fall into place :)

Oh absolutely, with that (almost) 4st loss, I've gone from a 22 to an 18, and am rapidly coming up on a 16. I reckon one more stone and a 16 will be perfect.
Perhaps by New Year I might squeeze into a 14. When is your wedding?

Eating in other people's homes is horrible when you're on SW. I keep bread in the freezer in my mother's, so if I pop in and get hungry I can have something. I recently went to stay in my own MIL's for a night and brought my own ingredients with me to make some minced beef hash. You might feel a bit weird making food apart from the family, but you have to protect your losses. No point being really good and sticking to it all week only to lose the plot at the weekend lol you'd get pretty fed up pretty fast. I know I would!

CH2b said:
Its very hard because we all eat as a family all 13 of us so to do myself something different is so hard but I take my own bread and fruit and stuff to try and balance it out and if we have roast dinner I try to have more veg than anything else, in a couple of weeks I will be at mil's house for two weeks that will be a challenge as she likes to cook allsorts of traditional chinese food for her kids and alot of it is deep fried lol :/ my dreams of being a size 14 (at least) bride are looking dim atm but im sure one I get the hang of this properly it will all fall into place :)

13 woah your house must be mahoosive :) lol. Yep that's a good plan just adapting what the others are having I do that sometimes like just having salad instead of carbs. I would be terrible at your mil's I love love love Chinese food! You will so get there hun :) x

xMandyDx said:
Oh absolutely, with that (almost) 4st loss, I've gone from a 22 to an 18, and am rapidly coming up on a 16. I reckon one more stone and a 16 will be perfect.
Perhaps by New Year I might squeeze into a 14. When is your wedding?

Eating in other people's homes is horrible when you're on SW. I keep bread in the freezer in my mother's, so if I pop in and get hungry I can have something. I recently went to stay in my own MIL's for a night and brought my own ingredients with me to make some minced beef hash. You might feel a bit weird making food apart from the family, but you have to protect your losses. No point being really good and sticking to it all week only to lose the plot at the weekend lol you'd get pretty fed up pretty fast. I know I would!

Wow u must feel amazing :) and look fab too. My size drops tend to be slow can't wait to be smaller sizes x

not really big my sister lives about 5 min walk from my dads so on the weekends we are there we tend to have at least one meal all together which sometimes isnt such a good thing especially with the wedding planning going on :/ lol

mandy im getting married in may so have 8 months to try lose as much as possible, im size 20 atm as i started to do 30 day shred a few months ago and lost a dress size in the 10 days i did it for so was lucky really and i will start doing it again when i get back from my mil's to get that extra boost of inch loss before i go dress shopping

Wow, I'm not able to Shred at all. At All. I do try periodically, but I end up in horrible pain with my legs for up to 5 days after. They're so bad that I actually lose the power in my knee if I'm walking the next day, like my knee locks and then loosens so suddenly that I feel my leg is going to give out. It's terrible lol.

i have a problem with my spine so find the floor parts uncomfortable unless i lie on a cushion or something but its hard going straight from lying down to standing exercises so i have to pause sometimes

I guess I'll just leave it til I've got a few days with nothing on. At the moment I have to walk my little one to playschool in the mornings, and if I try the Shred again I'll end up walking like a pensioner lol

Have you tried one of those yoga mats? It might help with your back.

I've started doing Callanetics twice a week and in the first three weeks I lost a grand total of 9.5 inches from the most random places on my body; I only started SW on week three of those weeks so not result of a diet. I absolutely love it as it's low impact so can still do it if you suffer from bad backs, joint problems etc and the results are already amazing. I have to say it isn't easy though as 1 hr callanetics has the equivalent effect of 10.5hrs aerobics. I go to classes but have bought one of the dvds, which is just as effective.

I'm halfway through week 3 on SW and have now lost 10.5 lbs. I'm enjoying the diet itself but echo concerns over the group. On Tuesday our 19.30 class didn't kick off until the back of 8. The consultant is nice but sometimes I think could be a little bit more effective. The OH is also doing SW but he gets properly annoyed at the legnth of the classes and ftook the huff last week at a 1lbs weight loss so it can be hard for me to stay motivated when he was so down on things after weigh in.

MandyD, your weight loss to date has been amazing..very motivational.

ch2b - Have you got a dress or are you holding off until you are closer to your goal? You are doing so well.

x

ive never heard of callanetics before i may see if there is any vids on youtube to see what its like

i thought about getting a mat but i just use settee cushions atm

i havent got a dress yet will be going end of novemberish to try some on so want to lose as much as possible before that

CH2b said:
not really big my sister lives about 5 min walk from my dads so on the weekends we are there we tend to have at least one meal all together which sometimes isnt such a good thing especially with the wedding planning going on :/ lol

That's nice your all so close. I just had visions of u being in one house lol! X

edinemma said:
I've started doing Callanetics twice a week and in the first three weeks I lost a grand total of 9.5 inches from the most random places on my body; I only started SW on week three of those weeks so not result of a diet. I absolutely love it as it's low impact so can still do it if you suffer from bad backs, joint problems etc and the results are already amazing. I have to say it isn't easy though as 1 hr callanetics has the equivalent effect of 10.5hrs aerobics. I go to classes but have bought one of the dvds, which is just as effective.

x

What's Callanetics Hun? Im just staring exercising again after bad back so need something low impact x

Hello lovely ladies hope youve all had a lovely weekend. So have had a good but busy weekend lots of shopping with mum yesterday which was nice particularly as for the last few weeks its been hard going at home getting along with everybody. Today visited my cousin and her new baby boy just 10 days old he was so unbelievably gorgeous and made me feel broody. makes
me realise i need to pull my finger out and get myself sorted. Now just snuggled up in my onesie watching downtown :)

Oh and the good news I have a lovely 2 days off work now so no Monday looming feelin for me tonight :) woo hoo :) :)

not so good being so close as we argue all the time these days over the wedding, im glad i live 80 miles away from them all lol

i love sundays as i know i dont have to work until tuesday, i hate working mondays, makes sundays so depressing

Back