20 somethings

Hi Joe!

Sammy well done! Another fabulous loss! You must be made up.

Welcome back star ;)

Jo, so glad it is fitting in with your lifestyle

Rachel, if my boy was going to be a girl he was going to be called Ava Rose, Ava is such a beautiful name. She'll be glad it is short when she goes to school ;) oh, and I weigh at group on Wednesday mornings

Hi Hun. I'm good thanks, it def helps when u know where u went wrong :) having a good week so far Thanku. Yeah I am finding ww easier it fits in so much easier with my lifestyle and I find that I'm able to get back on track easier x

That's really good to hear and even better to hear you're having a good week :) I know people who have done both SW and WW and I think they're both going to give a similar result in the end so it really is just a case of finding the one that works best for you x

I still havent weighed yet lol the decorators wont be here tomorrow so will try in the morning but not had a very good few days so dreading it lol

How have you been star?

Hiya, I wouldn't worry too much about the WI, you'll be able to once the decorators have gone, sticking to plan as often as you can is more important.

I have been well thanks, was a bit ill at the end of last week but seem to be better now but ate too much for tea so feel a bit sick haha :)

Little one is called Ava :) she's beautiful but of course I'm biased :) I'll try & load up a picture of her. What days do people weigh? I've always been a Monday & I like to weigh on Thursdays too before I do anything.

Anyone have anything exciting for tea? I had spag bol & 2 bits of garlic bread but now wish I'd saved my syns for a bit of chocolate instead!!

Rach xxx

Love that name!! Look forward to the piccie and I am sure she is beautiful. I would love a family one day, a really good friend of mine had a little girl recently and she is adorable and I hate having to give her back to Mum after I've been cuddling her as want to keep her as she is such a cute good baby :)

I go to group on a Thursday which is great for me as if I am bad over the weekend it means I can try to make up for it, what day to you weigh and do you go to a group? x

Well I'm so happy to say I lost 3lbs this week!! No idea how I managed that with how much I ate at the wedding, but I'll take it!! So I got my 2 stone award and shared slimmer of the week!! :) Sooo pleased with that result!! xx

Wow Sammy, congratulations!! You are doing so well xx

Well I just had a go at some of that Callanetics and I am impressed! That lady seems so nice and sweet and then makes you do such horrible things! It was hard because I didn't have an appropriate bit of furniture but I tried using the windowsill and think it was ok. Will def try it again this week - I prefer low-impact exercise I thin, also anything like that where you can just do it at home in your vest and pants is ideal. A bit nervous about weighing in this week after last week's disaster but have been on plan and I think my jeans feel a tiny bit looser...we'll see.

Oh guys, I was so sick yesterday. I caught a stomach bug. Of course I did -- kids back to school -- it's that time of year. So I was out on Sunday night for a couple of drinks, and when I came home and went to bed I had to get back up about an hour later because I felt sick, just made it out the bedroom door and fainted! OH had to come pick me up and then I fainted again. All night Sunday and all yesterday I was so sick, vomiting and had the runs too. Thank God I'm feeling much better today. This weeks' WI will be a bit off now because of that, so I have to be extra good after in order to get a loss next week.

9 hours until WI. I have 2lb to lose to stay on track for my 2st for Xmas, 2.5lb to get out of the 14s, 2lb for my 4st, and really hoping I get the 2.5lb to get out of the 14s.

Congratulations Clare :) I have been feeling the same about group as I like to go but I get a bit board waiting for it to start and then all they go through is what others have gained/lost and it feels a bit like something is missing as there isn't much in the way of support, I'll stick until the end of the year if nothing else to try and help myself stay on track over xmas/new year but after that I am very seriously thinking of stopping as I get more from this website that I ever get at groupc

Hi Hatwell, good luck for your WI and well done for sticking to plan after last week. What is Callanetics? I have never heard of it....

Hope you are feeling better today Mandy as that sounds pretty awful, did you have to go to hospital as it sounds quite serious? I guess that is one of the down sides to having kids in that they pass bugs around so easily so you'll inevitably catch something.

Good luck with WI later on and hope you get your 2.5lbs to get your next award and move to out of the 14s xx

That's exactly how I feel star. It just takes too long I think. I'll give it until my normal consultant comes back incase I just don't like this woman but as I say, I weigh at home anyway so I might just call my Monday official and be done with it.

Means I need you guys to shout at me if I go off plan though :p

Our scales are rubbish and I'd be naked on one leg holding my breath trying to cheat the scales, which I can't do at group. Otherwise it'd be fine. I'm too naughty too!

Ooh mandy that sounds horrid. Toddler groups are on again too so it is bug zone at our house now, hope i don't get your one! Love you do mini goals too. I want to get my 4.5 stone by x-mas, 1.5lbs to get to 16.5 stone, 2 more lbs to get my 4 stone award and 1lb after that to hit my first interim target. Currently at 3 stone 10.5lbs (not had weigh in yet this week) so I'm ahead of track for my Christmas goal. When I get my first interim target I am treating me, my son and my parents to afternoon tea. Yum. If i hit my Christmas target im buying a gorgeous desigual dress (it is £80 so it is Christmas target, Christmas present from my son and birthday present too!)

I'm so sad I get way to excited by weight loss. Anyone else plan rewards and get excited?

Yup, I totally do that fran.

16lb to go by Christmas (reward undecided but it'll be good haha!)
2lb to 11st 7lb
5.5lb to my 1st award
9lb to 11st

I started at 12st 3.5lb so my rewards are roughly every 3.5lb which is good haha. I Have a few things earmarked (makeup/clothes) so I'll decide which I really want when I hit the mini target. Swaying towards a Kurt Cobain tshirt next!

My first reward was a cath kidson jug for my milk allowance :) I do half stone rewards because I have a lot to lose. They'be mostly been clothes since the 2 stone mark though. I would not have guessed a KC Tshirt for you though!

I have a silly in my head one that if I get my 4 stone award in the next 2 weeks I will match the weightloss amount/time of our temp consultant. Real goal is to hit 4 stone 1lb by Halloween.

Oh, and every week I lose weight i get 2 pieces of fresh made fudge from the new fudge shop :D

Haha my nirvana thing is a bit odd. I also have a Ronan Keating tshirt if that's more predictable!

I tend to have a treat meal after WI - dominos last night, not good!

I have college tonight and I totally fell off the wagon last week and had 2 packets of crisps and a bottle of coke (eek!) so I'm going to go straight to the class and avoid the canteen I think.

its good that your rewarding yourself my ultimate reward will be my wedding dress so not going to bother with rewards for mini goals as that will be expensive enough although will have to buy new clothes when i get to certain points as i only have like 3 pairs of trousers and about 6 tops as i dont enjoy shopping at this size

well i weighed last monday but didnt put it down as i was changing it for fridays instead (but never got around to weighing on friday as decorators here) but i had gained 3 and 1/2lb which was to be expected with bbq and cake, ive decided to keep it at mondays now though as i think it will give me the kick i need to be extra careful on the weekends im with my family, so ive weighed today as couldnt yesterday and ive lost 1lb since last monday so back on track with a loss even if its only 1lb its still in the right direction so im happy with that

mandy hope your better now and good luck with WI x

My reward is also a trip to buy my wedding dress when I get to target (or to a size 12, whichever comes first - I can always continue to lose the last bit of weight to get to target once I'm a size 12 but be getting on with finding the perfect dress for me
At the same time). I'm over half way to my target weight which is the weight I was last a size 12 at, but considering moving target down another stone to 10 and a half stone once I get to my 11 and a half stone target so that I can be in the 'healthy' BMI range and have a little wiggle room
For those odd weeks where I gain a pound or two due to social events and will still be in the healthy range then. Until my wedding dress shopping spree I'll be happy with getting my awards at class and with my other mini goals of getting into the next stone bracket :) it just feels so good seeing that front number going down! :) xx

well done sweet 5lb loss is great :)

sammy i cant wait to go dress shopping i will be going to a dress outlet in leicester for mine as i wont have a lot of money but they are all designer dresses just cheaper prices and they also do loads of dresses for curvier women too so will be better than attempting to squeeze into a size 14 in a shop lol

It really does doesn't it? I don't treat every mini goal, just half stones and interim targets. Next interim target is at total loss of 7 stone 5 lbs so it's a long old way away. Final goal is near 10 stone! Eep. A wedding is a monster on finances! It seems like a wonderful target treat to go wedding dress shopping though.

Ch2b, I can imagine it is rotten to shop when you don't feel good about yourself. I always loved shopping bizarrely. But now I can try more things i like on.

Clare, i thought more "pretty tops" kind of things :p

CH2b said:
well done sweet 5lb loss is great :)

sammy i cant wait to go dress shopping i will be going to a dress outlet in leicester for mine as i wont have a lot of money but they are all designer dresses just cheaper prices and they also do loads of dresses for curvier women too so will be better than attempting to squeeze into a size 14 in a shop lol

Where in Leicester is it hunny? I'm also on a tight budget, my plan is to try the dresses on in the shops so I can see what style suits me And then buy my dress online, you can get them made to measure really cheap and I have friends who've got their dresses from the same site and they were lovely. I'm so excited to go, that's what makes me so determined to lose this weight, as if I went and felt like I've always felt when going clothes shopping (a huge heffer) then it would completely ruin the experience for me and I want it to be amazing, so going to keep losing weight towards target and then I think December (if my dr okays it, depending on if I have gallstones or not) I will do the 30 day shred to get the inches off and tone up, which will then hopefully make me look lovely in the dresses I try on in January time :) that's the plan anyway!! Xx

Thats my plan i got just under 8 months to go so dont hav time to go down normal shop route anyway really, if you look up wedding dress factory outlet leicester on google its the first link and their dresses are all designer and most of them are between 150 and 400 for dresses that would normally be 700+ they stock hundreds of dresses too so plenty of choice, they dont work by appointments either so you can just go along and try as many as you want which is good, definately worth going to have a look if close enough im about an hour away, they have one in london too that they have just opened, they have different opening days and times

With regards to dress shopping, make sure you're really, really sure about your dress. I bought one and ended up hating it and buying a second dress and I've not been able to sell my first one :(

congrats to all those planning weddings :D i'm a newly wed go married 26th a july loved my dress and loved the day not so keen on the photos tho, but was definatly worth every second and every penny. I got my dress off of ebay in the end couldn't affod shop prices and found one i fell in love with. Tip if getting a dress with a train the easiest way to go to the loo is use disabled toilets, and straddle the toilet backwards so you are facing the wall, after aking your underwear off, means you can go alone and don't have to feel embarresed having your bridesmaids hold your dress around your ears.

Back