20 somethings

lol good tips there and congrats on the marriage, i cant wait to get married but absolutely crapping myself at the ceremony part as i hate standing and talking in front of people lol

I want to have the 'one' moment with the dress when i put it on and just know its the one :) cant wait but i want to enjoy my photos which is why im trying so hard to get as much weight off as possible

Haha thanks that's a great tip! Will bare that in mind on the big day when I need the loo!!

Leicester is about 2 hours from
Me but I've just googled for one in Yorkshire which might be a better option. My price range is probably going to be £200-£300 at the very most, so while I can get a cheap one online, if I can find one that I live in the flesh within price range then that will be all the better as I'll know exactly what I'm getting :) I dint get married until 31st august next year, so just under a year to go, but will be looking at dresses in the new year so will also have about 8 months to go by then and I know shops can be fussy if you don't start to look until that late due to alterations etc. With me being on maternity leave at the moment and ben being out of work then we really are having to do the wedding on a tight budget so I can't afford to go mad on a dress that I'll only wear once, not that I would anyway, I'm a Yorkshire lass, I've been brought up to be frugal with money! :) xx

ch2b i get nervous talking in front of people to but when your stood at the front, you are facing your partner or the registrar and it really does feel like there is only you 3 in the room.

I got married on July 8th this year and I hate speaking infront of people too but honestly, you'll hardly notice.

I was so calm the morning of the wedding it was unreal. I miss the planning though :(

Im the same, i work part time and my OH doesnt work atm so we are already on a tight budget with everyday living and we have to pay for everything ourselves so we have just opted for ceremony and then meal in the evening with just immediate family only which is costing us a fortune just for that, my mum is paying for my dress so my budget will b similar to yours 200-300 maybe but the cheaper the better lol

I hope i dont notice lol there will only be immediate family there so hopefully wont be too bad i know if i feel good about my appearance then i will be more confident so hopefully the weightloss will give me the boost i need

Don't worry Clare, if you stop going to group we'll tell you off if you go off plan lol :)

I don't have rewards as such Fran but I put £2 in a tin for every 1lb I lose so when I get to target I will have over £150 in there and will have a day at a health spa or a night away somewhere nice or just do something that I wouldn't other wise do x

Congratulations sweetdll on your loss, 5lbs is amazing and also on your recent wedding but thank you so much for your tip about going to the toilet in a wedding dress as it made me laugh so much!!! I'm not getting married, think I am the only one half the time but that just made my day :)

And congrats CH on your loss really pleased you had a loss last week.

I like your plans for your wedding, if I ever get married I only want it to be small and intimate with just close friends and family there. It's expensive so I only want people there who will be a part of our lives not aunts/uncles/cousins etc I haven't seen for years as the money not spent on them can go towards a house deposit. Sadly my OH does want the whole big white wedding which is partly why we aren't planning on getting married any time soon even though we've been together for some time.

I also hate to be centre of attention and don't feel confident in the way I look and hardly ever go shopping but that's why I am here and doing slimming world as I want to feel good about myself and I want to look good too but mostly I want to be a healthy weight as I want to start a family but want to give the baby the best start in life possible and be healthy myself so there are less likely to be any complications x

On my way to college, in a hurry and my flippin' bag strap snapped. I'm so angry! Had to run to Primark to exchange it and the pissy assistant wasn't going to do it without a receipt even though it was clearly a Primark bag and clearly faulty!

I won in the end though, and hopefully won't be late for class!

We have such a big family that it's going to be a big wedding unfortunately :( I'd love to just elope with a couple of close friends and family but ben wants the big do, so we're having a church wedding that anyone can come to, a 2 course sit down meal for 75 people after and then canapes for 130 people later on. We've got a really good deal on it all and are managing it within budget, just got to make sure we can afford the honeymoon to Italy afterwards too! We're going to the Italian grand prix and while we're over there I'll be being bridesmaid for my maid of honour! So got to make sure we can afford to go! Xx

Hope you make the class Clare and what bad luck but glad you won the battle of the bags in the end :)

I have quite a large family but am only close to my parents and brother so that's easy but my OH has 5 siblings who all have partners and most of those couples have at least 2 kids so we wouldn't be able to do small either, I love the thought of a day where you are spoilt and even better don't have to wash up at the end haha and I like the thought of the commitment to that one person and all that brings. Also love the thought of your Italian honeymoon, what a nice place to be going to x

I am having weight watchers sausages tonight for tea for the first time ever so I hope they're nice as at 1/2 a syn each (I think so must double check!) I can see them becoming a regular feature in my autumn/winter menus

U cant afford ww sausages lol break the bank

We are just having parents (just his mum), 6 siblings and 4 partners maybe 3, 4 nieces and a nephew, 2 grandmothers both mine and my best friend and her partner so thats 22 plus us 2 so very intimate I wish I could not invite my siblings lol

I cant* rather lol

I think the WW sausages are better than normal sausages, but I'm a bit weird like that.

I am having them in my HexB wholemeal pitta from Asda with cheese (to get my Hex A down as always forget to have this!), spinach and mushrooms. Sounds like a gross combination but I think it'll work, they are cooking in the oven now and they smell so good!! I normally have the sainsburys ones that are also 1/2 a syn but I don't really like them that much although they are ok so as these are same price and same syns I hope they're nicer

U cant afford ww sausages lol break the bank

We are just having parents (just his mum), 6 siblings and 4 partners maybe 3, 4 nieces and a nephew, 2 grandmothers both mine and my best friend and her partner so thats 22 plus us 2 so very intimate I wish I could not invite my siblings lol

I got mine in Asda where they were £2 for a pack of 8...is that expensive? I thought that wasn't too bad so I must be out of touch!!

That sounds like a really nice guest list and you'll be able to really enjoy your day and relax as you'll know everyone there and it'll be lovely xx

Evening All!

Busy busy day! Got my sofa delivered after patiently waiting for 9 weeks... Littlewoods are USELESS! But it's lovely & least it's finally here :) Ava had her weigh in too at the baby clinic & she's gained 3lbs in a week - would be great if I could lose her gains each week! I'll be skinny in no time :D

How exciting you ladies planning your weddings, Grant reckons we'll be eloping to Vegas... I think not! I want the whole church & white dress shebang!

I think I need to give myself some little rewards when losing the lbs, I hope that will give me the motivation to keep going!

Rach xxx

I know what I'm going to reward myself with... I love river island handbags! So every 6lbs I'm going to treat myself or buy a new purse :D

I'm sure Grant will contribute towards the cost too so won't be spending a small fortune that I haven't got!

Little bit excited now :)

Rach xxx

Has anyone got any ideas for little treats to give yourself when you have basically no spare money? I am temping and don't usually work 5 days a week. My partner has a good job but it's pretty low-paid so we do struggle for cash a bit and paying £5 a week for SW is enough! But I love the idea of non-food treats like make-up. Maybe I should put a pound in a pot for every pound I lose, I'm sure I could stretch to that, and then get myself some nail varnish or something.

I like using my boots points for make up treats, that'd be one money busting way. (ebay for new benefit stuff is good - I know it is more than likely stolen but sometimes I just REALLY want it) and unexpected source of reward money came from my Grandad. I had lost over 3 stone when he called to say he was sending me £100 I still have £26 left. So shout your weight loss from the rooftops, you never know what might happen. I update Facebook every weigh in and I am thrilled to say lots of my friends have taken up sw too now. Including my brother's girlfriend. She saw me at x-mas last year and then saw me this august just before I got my 3.5 stone award... Add an unofficial extra 12lb loss and the next week she signed up!

I'm not getting married either but I love the peeing tip.

Oh and Rachel, my goal was to lose more than he weighs and now I am nearly doubling it! So I am sure you will get there.

Yes I had heard about getting Benefit on ebay, I think I can live with it being stolen! Thanks for the tips - I think I remember once when I lost a bit of weight in the past going on about it to my mum who treated me to some new clothes so might try that again...

I was looking at benefit make up on eBay today for the first time ever... Spooky! I think it is good to treat yourself though, little bit of motivation to keep going!

I like the idea of a £1 per lb off, could buy yourself a nice new top or shoes or something?? :)

Rach xxx

Back