20 somethings

Claree__x said:
Can I just say that I REALLY want a baby? Hah!

Sure you'll get one soon hunny :) xx

I second that lol will have to wait until after im married now anyway as I dont want to be a pregnant bride lol

Fran - I think for most of us it's a case of do what you can to make ends meet but it's really good to see how it worked out for you but I bet you were pretty stressed at the time. My friends that work (most are on mat leave at the moment as they're all having babies!) are keeping an eye out for me but there really is very little work going on a the moment so I will keep my fingers crossed for something but if I don't get anything I will love the fact I won't have to work christmas :) I had an interview booked for today for a temp job but it's been moved to next week on Monday so I hope that works out for me, it's only 3 months but three months salary is better than none.

It doesn't even suprise me that people treat you differently. Some people are just closed minded and it's sad really.

I would love to see a picture of Nates christmas stocking and also of Jacks hat from Sammy. I only really know how to do two stitches but I found youtube to be really helpful especially when it came to casting off as it took me a while to remember how to do that! I don't really know what type of wool I use but it's just the standard size/weight and I got it in a few different colours so . I want to make some christmas decorations but I still find a pattern confusing

Oh Clare - hope you enjoyed the Aero. I love mint ones yum yum yum but I have tried to avoid them as if I have one I want more. Galaxy ripples are quite low syn too and very chocolatey, the mini bars are either 4 or 4.5 syns and really hit the spot.

I hope you have some luck on the job hunt, things pop up in the strangest of places when you least expect it so don't lose heart. Most places will understand that at 22 there is only a limited amount of work you could have done anyway x

Glad you're feeling ok Mandy, you really have done well so far so I am sure you'll hit your target by christmas as you know what to do to get those losses.

I was made redundant in April so know how things are tough in the job market but I want to get a job so in a couple of years time I can get maternity leave and I would love to be a stay at home mum. I want to be able to enjoy the time with my children especially when they are young so if financially I can do this I will.

I think a few of you have summed up recruitment agents perfectly, there are some really good one and some not so good but they are really just sales people and if you think of them in that way and take most of what they say with a pinch of salt then it's not too bad. Still if you can deal directly with the employer it's better :)

Congratulations on your loss Hatwell :)

Ch - hope you enjoy the sausages, I liked them more than the sainsburys ones. You still can't beat a 'real' sausage but these are a good substitute and for 1/2 a syn too. I think that is a great price for the gym, if you can use all the facilities whenever you like then that is a great price. I have had to cancel my gym membership as that was the only thing I could cancel to save money so from the end of September I will miss it but needs must and I pay £32 a month (full gym, loads of classes, pool and spa) and that is my half of the electricity bill or a weeks food or a tank of fuel etc so I wish there was one of those gyms near me.

Msmidges - doing well so far this week, hope it shows come WI :)

Sorry if I missed anyone or anything. WI tonight for me so keeping my fingers cross for a loss of any kind, would love to get my stone but will see. I did have pizza hut last friday and pie and mash on tuesday so I haven't really stuck as I should have done so whatever happens happens.

Good luck at WI StarGirl! Fingers crossed the pie and pizza doesn't do any damage. If it doesn't, still be careful as it can turn round and bite you in the bum next week! It's happened to me enough times lol

Yay on the interview Claree, I'm sure it'll go really well x

Guess what guys, I have an interview!!

Not for the position from yesterday but its something!

Good luck Clare, great news. When is it? I really hope it works out for you x

Good luck at WI StarGirl! Fingers crossed the pie and pizza doesn't do any damage. If it doesn't, still be careful as it can turn round and bite you in the bum next week! It's happened to me enough times lol

Thank you Mandy, I hope they don't mean a gain but it if they do I won't be upset. I am out tomorrow for a celebration but other than that the next week should be pretty much on ok.

I really struggle to stay on plan even though I really want to lose weight and I only have myself to blame, my losses average 1lb a week but I know if I could find a way to make myself stick to plan I would be able to lose much more each week. I have no reason not to stick other than being lazy and having no will power at the moment but I am getting better so eventually I'll be 100% 100% of the time

Not sure yet star, the agency called to ask my availability for interview so I guess she'll call back tomorrow. I have my eye on a lovely dress and jacket set from Primark that I said I'd buy if I got an interview...

Oh Clare I am so pleased for you. I will have my fingers crossed!

Star, good luck at weigh in. I struggled making a good choice when out today, they'd run out of jacket potatoes!!! I have until next Wednesday so better today than Tuesday. Do you mean double knit weight? If you are making a blanket aran or heavier is good as it knits up quicker. Double knit is best to learn on though. I was very lucky for it to progress the way it did. I had a few months unemployed after a job that was 100% commission based so that all sucked.

Anyone wanting kids can have mine. £52 on shoes...Urgh. but he has come out with 2 new words today, "ham" and "pear"

I saved my a and b choices today, so counting todays syns for lunch out, risotto for tea and fruit and yogurt for breakfast I am still hopeful for next weeks weigh in

Apparently there is a few different kinds of gyms like this one, pure gym, fit4less and probs more. They dont have sauna and stuff though, just gym and classes and fitforfree has a discount scheme.

I hope the sausages are good enough they feel smaller but with an egg aswell should be enough lol can I be a pain and ask someone to check the syn value of the original ones I was gunna ask you to do before but they never had any for me to get the values?

Good luck for WI tonight star x

sausages hun what values do you need? i must have looked like a nutter copying off the pack in the middle of lidl for like 10 minutes as i copied everything lol

in 100g its 224kcal, 15 prot, 14.7 carb, 2.6 sugar, 11.4 fat, 5.2 saturated fat, 1.4 fibre and 56% pork, the whole pack of 8 is 454g

Milton gate sausages are 6 syns each, but basic sausages are 4.5 syns each (grilled). I always seem to break the calculator and get 30 syns for an apple.... Hope that helps (makes me feel better as I had a sausage at lunch, higher meat content than normal ones and smaller size so felt better about that, still annoyed by them running out of jacket potatoes)

Argh I've just had a bit of a binge :( some cheese and crisps and pringles. Not tons but maybe 25/30 syns? I am doing something really ambitious/crazy/stupid and trying to give up smoking while on SW because I figure it'll be hard whenever I do it, why not get extra healthy now. I was good all day at work and just stuffed my face with fruit but then I had an evening meeting and there was only syns there :(. Has anyone else quit smoking? Please help me!!!!!

how long have you smoked for?

fran by basic do you mean the one i posted values for the 99p ones?

Back