20 somethings

I attempted to give up smoking a while back.. it didn't work and I fell off the wagon. Took me months to get back on it properly, and I'm still smoking 20+ a day.
I figure if I get down to a size I'm happy with, maybe I can lose a few pound extra and then give up, essentially putting weight on to get back to target lol

thats ok they probably are the basics lol the fat in them is alot lower than i was expecting them to be for ones that are only 56% pork so i imagine they could be 4.5, its very rare i ever use any other syns on a good day anyway as i have them with syn free and free foods so even if they are a lil bit more it would be fine

hatwell - 10 years is a long time, it wont be easy to quit just need to make sure you have something healthy to hand when you need to eat in order to compensate for not smoking, when i smoked it was only for 2 years and only socially (i was 14 at the time lol) so it was easy for me to just stop, how long have you not smoked for so far?

Having a good day today. Definitely noticing a difference in my clothes which is lovely, and my scales are showing down 1lb which I'm more than happy with.

Unfortunately I'm now off to work so this feeling is likely to change!

Good luck with whenever the interview is anyway Clare, hopefully the thought of leaving your current place is enough to keep you going today

Fran - I guess that must be it, I think it said DK on the piece of paper that was on it....I really don't know anything about it but I'll keep learning :) I didn't want to get anything too expensive so I have only used that one so far but I really hope by next year I will be able to knit so christmas stockings too.

Well had my WI last night, I lost 2.5lbs!! I am really happy with that and it leaves me with 13 weeks to lose 13.5lbs to keep me on track for my 2 stone by the end of the year target :)

Thank star 3.5 syns for 99p sausages is great :)

Well done on your loss and the stone award :) good progress towards your end of year target!

That is good. I'm glad someone can use the syn calculator properly!

Great news on the 2.5lb loss! I checked myself this morning and if i keep it up I am positive for a good loss on Wednesday. Some weeks I will gain a small amount in order to have a big loss the next week. Think it's just a fluid thing. I am SURE you will get your 2 stone for Christmas. And a big yipee for your 1 stone award. My 2.5 stone award was my struggle, I had weeks of dropping half lbs, it sucked, nothing I did would shift it. After that my losses were better, so I hope you get a good run to your 1.5 stone award!

Yeah, dk is double knitting. My first proper project was a white ribbed cardigan with frill on the bottom and a white hat, when I wasn't sure if I was having a boy or girl. I just used some cheapish yarn, then I started using Debbie bliss wool. So nice but so pricy! Thankfully baby clothes don't use much. You can get good buys online. The black sheep company I discovered at a craft fayre and they were great. Ebay is good too, a lot of shops that close down shift stock on there. I'm a bit of a knitty nerd. Just finished a big needlepoint so feeling lost on an evening now until my wool comes in.

So far ive lost 1lb this week which is good as I had chinese one night lol so I have made a huge batch of pasta veg and passata to take down with me for the weekend to try keep this lb off this time

Well I need to do something as my family weekends ruin my progress lol

Thanks Fran :)

When I decided to knit, I got myself one of the knitting magazines and it had a free pair of knitting needles and a couple of crochet hooks and 6 balls (if that is the correct phrase!) of wool so I used some of those to learn the basics and once I had mastered that I went and got my mums old knitting/crochet stuff so I had lots of kneedles and hooks. After that I got some wool in Wilko as it was £2 per ball and today I went to my local big sainsburys and they have quite a large craft section and their wool had 70% off in the sale so I paid 89p per ball for 5 balls. I am going to teach myself to make some xmas decorations next....

Good planning CH, hope it works out of you as I am sure you will have a good loss this week

Ooh exciting! Skiens of wool... But I say balls (i think most people do) I have ordered my wool today. Cashmerino aran 6 balls plus p&p for just under £20. It is a cashmere and merino blend (lovely) in a thicker wool than dk. So now I just have to knit it up and I have 2 christmas presents done. Hopefully it'll keep me from snacking when my son is in bed. Wondering what to do/get for everyone else! Debating having a go at gloves but that is pretty scary...

Hey guys, haven't been in here in a LONG time but I intend to come back to stay if you'll have me! Hope everyone's doing well and progressing with their weight loss nicely.
I weigh in tomorrow but was super bad last weekend...copious amounts of wine polished off with a chinese, including a WHOLE bag of prawn crackers...drunk munchies are the worst haha! Hope I have limited the damage somehow!

Welcome back jenna x hopefully weigh in will be good im sure you wont have ruined it as I had chinese this week and still lost 1lb so far, although that may change by WI monday but been good so far so fingers crossed for us both lol

Morning! I've just had a lovely sleep in. My eldest daughter got the baby up this morning and didn't wake me.. it was lovely, but I woke up at 9.30am in a panic haha

Morning all,

Good luck with the weekend ch, I'm sure you'll be great!

Jenna, I love prawn crackers so I can totally sympathise lol. Fingers crossed there's no damage.

Good luck with the knitting girls - might give it a wee go myself!

So we went out for dinner last night, and I had a sausage roll when I came home. Scared of my scales this morning!

Back