20 somethings

StarGir1 said:
How are you finding WW Jo? I hope it's fitting in with yourlife style better that SW was.

WW a lot better for me thanks star. much better fitting into my lifestyle and don't feel so obsessed as I did on sw! X

sweetdll said:
hey all i have since been back to bed and feel better now oh says will will look at painting the frames or getting new ones, and that we can get an album printed with the images in as well as having the box, which he quiet likes.

Glad u feel a bit better Hun x

sammyb1985 said:
Just been to weigh in and I lost 4lbs this week!! :) So I got my 2 and a half stone award and slimmer of the week! That means i've lost 4 stone 2 lbs since Jack was born 24 and a half weeks ago, I can't believe it! xx

Woo hoo :) :) x

philly_x said:
Can I join you lovely ladies please? I'm 23 with at least 2 stone to lose! That's my goal for now anyway.. Had my first weigh in tonight and lost 3lbs! :)

Welcome lots of natter on here x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Welcome Philly and well done on your 3lbs weight loss!:) xx

Hi philly, well done on your loss :) great start!

Jo, so pleased ww is working for you :) I have always been obsessed by food but I know what you mean.

Thanks Sammy. Hoping these 2 red days will help things this week, unsure of Wednesday then another red. Friday is going to be stressful (traveling on public transport with toddler to go for a meeting) so might be ee. Then Saturday onwards doing the planner. Reds really help me but I end up hungry a lot.

Thanks! Some of the weight losses here are looking really inspirational! The most I ever managed to lose was a stone and a half, and I got that certificate and it lasted a week! I was never able to maintain it! x

Okay today's the day to face the music. Looks like I might have clawed a little back and might end up with a plus 3... but you know what? That's okay. I forgive myself for the past week.
Looks like I could be okay on the bleed front, so far. Haven't had one since I started the anitibiotics! This is great news. No more cramps, no more bloating, no more crappy results on the scales. I'm totally motivated.

Sammy wow, well done! The only times I managed to lose so much in one week were the times I'd fallen off and gotten back on the wagon haha
Jenna, I know the feeling! Giving up the drink for a little while might help you x
Sweetdll, so sorry you're having such a rough time lately. (hugs)

Fran you seem so motivated! Good girl! Let's DO this!

well its weigh in day just hope i've lost also taster day, after failed mince pies and failed pastry things, i have spicy chicken to offer i'm not overly keen seems to spicy but its just about time to leave the door so will have to do! will update when i get back

Sounds nice sweetdl, I love spicy.

Mandy, I am ap glad you have forgiven yourself, and that you have managed to lessen any gain. You should take credit that you didn't wait until weigh in to get back on plan. A lot of people will have gone "well I won't get a loss this week so I will go back on plan after weigh in." But you kicked your own arse before then so big kudos. :) wishing you heaps of luck for WI.

I am motivated. I know I am in a similar boat to you this week but I have been changing things to minimise damage. I did just realise that chilli has beans in (completely forgot!) So it'll be an ee day, but it is mostly red. Fruit and yogurt this morning, Italian chicken soup for lunch, chilli for tea, just changing from potato to some rice, 2 hifi light bars in the evening for my heb, hea is milk. Everything is syn free :) and to stop me from having seconds I will be setting out 4 adult and one toddler portion so I have Friday's dinner sorted too. I have made pasta sauce for nate's tea on Friday.

It has been good cutting back and allowing myself to get properly hungry before eating again. And not going to bed full. Go to bed full you'll wake up really hungry in the morning, don't and you'll be hungry but not ravenous. Didn't believe it when I read it but it's true.

What time is weigh in mandy?

Wow 20 pages and nearly 2 hours later and im all caught up lol

Sounds like some of you have had a hard few weeks, hope everyone is back on track now and that everyone is ok!

Ive had a completely indulgent 3 weeks, hard to say no when someone else is doing the cooking and so im back up the 7lb that I lost lol nvm it could have been alot worse

Now the fun begins as I really want to do well before my sisters wedding in november as I have bought a dress! Ive not worn a dress since my prom 7 years ago! Im starting my shred tomorrow and hopefully can try be as good as possible even though its her hen do saturday and london the weekend after :/

Well I guess I didn't exactly pull it back enough to lessen my gain. 4.5lb up. But it's okay, I'm just glad I haven't had a bleed since Friday. I actually still feel clean the day after having a shower, rather than feeling dirty again ten minutes later.
Fran you're doing really well.. and fair play to you for setting out the meals so you can't over-indulge. I think I'm going to try not eating later than my dinner this week. I mean, I don't really be hungry, it's just appetite, and if I'm here alone I don't even think of food. It's only when I'm with OH and we stick something on the TV that I feel like I "want something".

Welcome Philly_x and congratulations on your first week loss!! Are you going to group?

Really pleased WW is working for you Jo :)

Welcome back from your break Ch and 7lbs isn't that bad in 3 weeks, I managed to gain 4 last week pretty much in 9 days :)

Mandy that'll come off before you know it esp now you're back on track and changing your habits before it has chance to stick around.

Fran, thanks so much for the wool tip, I ordered some first thing yesterday and it was waiting for me when I got home tonight :)

Sorry if I have missed anyone or anything but it's great to see us all feeling so positive :)

Mandy that's great about the bleeds, will keep my fingers crossed it remains that way.

Not having the best of days to be honest, had a crap day in work with an awkward situation. I handled it the best way possible but it's still left me really annoyed and worried. It's affected my whole mood for the day and I didn't go to the gym on the way home cause all I wanted to do was get home.

Has anyone else found that whilst on SW they're becoming moodier. I swear I have at least 2 days a week where I can't stand anything or anyone, I just want to be left alone to do nothing. It's starting to annoy me as I know it shouldn't be like that. I think for one I definitely need a change of job as I'm pretty sure you shouldn't feel sick when thinking about going to work (then again I have days which are brilliant). Ok, reading this back I sound CRAZY.

Early night tonight and hoping tomorrows a better day.

I had a crap day at work today too but thankfully it other people who are causing it but I, being at the bottom of the pecking order, have to clean up their mess. I hope you're feeling better now and have a great day tomorrow :)

I haven't found my moods have changed since doing SW, my moods are never really that bad but mine are mostly hormonal so change through the month.

I haven't been too bad but I haven't been counting syns and I have always struggled to have my healthy extras so I haven't been having those at all. I really need to find a way to force them down haha :)

stargirl do you like hot chocolate? if so have you tried oatleys chocolate drink, thats how i get my hexa just microwave it till hot i add sweetner coz i have a sweet tooth but its nice enough without. hexb i'm using fruit ryvita coz they are quiet biscuit like and i am happy enough to eat them plain.

mandy at least you are back on track now, could some of it be water weight from the antibiotics? i'm sure it will all come off in no time.

jenna, have you tried eating some fruit or something sweet when you start to feel moody could it be blood sugar changes that is the cause?

I don't honestly know what it is, granted I do snack on fruit regularly and can't say it improves my mood, it's literally like someone flicks a switch. One day I'm full of the joys and have had a great day, the next I hate work, I hate Slimming World and I hate having to do anything. I think it's probably laziness more than anything, I just wish I could shake it.

Thanks for listening to me rant btw :)

jenna no problem i was ranting the other day so my turn to listen, i have bad days but there more due to my fits, altho i find days i eat less i am lower, and i eat less because i'm low and can't be bothered to find and make food. maybe get your bloods checked, i know i feel lower if i'm tired and tiredness can be linked to low iron. or try taking a multi vit and see if that alters anything.

stargirl do you like hot chocolate? if so have you tried oatleys chocolate drink, thats how i get my hexa just microwave it till hot i add sweetner coz i have a sweet tooth but its nice enough without. hexb i'm using fruit ryvita coz they are quiet biscuit like and i am happy enough to eat them plain.
I do like hot chocolate, I haven't heard of that brand before, I assume you can get it in most supermarkets? I'll look it up.

I also didn't realise that fruit ryvita were included so that could be try trick I need to keep me on track as I struggle with my syns as I want sweet things so I will add them to my shopping list.

Thanks for the tips :)

Glad the bleeds have stopped mandy, hopefully it'll stay that way. You have set yourself up for a great week this week and your return to plan early will show up next week. I know what you mean about evening munching. It isn't helpful when you live with someone who can't have a hot drink without a blue ribbon or kitkat or other chocolate biscuit. They eat cheese and crackers and crisps and then encourage mum to do the same. And she won't accept our scales are 3-4lbs lower than sws. I just let her get on with it until she asks me to help again. They picked up a couple of bits in town earlier (bananas, grapes and carrots) as I unpacked it there was a load of chocolate in there too. So I tend to save my heb to have 2 hifi lights in evening. It makes it easier as I don't feel like I am missing out. When I have syns left I tend to use them in the evening, if I have them earlier I have cravings ALL day.

I was quite pleased, since I have gone from cooking for 4 plus a toddler to 3 and a toddler I have been cooking the same amount but just splitting it fewer ways, which is stupid really.

Star, just make sure the tension gauge for them all is the same, it'll be on the label

Jenna, so sorry you had a sucky day. I don't find myself any more or less grumpy, but I am a pretty grumpy person anyway! I think grumpy days and good days is just normal really. Again, I did say I am a grump so I dunno if I can judge really. you do not sound crazy.

Weigh in tomorrow morning, hope I have corrected my early greed and have a minimal gain. *crosses fingers* getting 12 week countdown, new magazine, some hifi bars and hopefully get the sauces book with the countdown (last time I got a ticket and picked it up the next week. Going to get Miranda hart's book if they have it in town ready and waiting for that 4 stone award.

Back