20 somethings

Welcome Philly_x and congratulations on your first week loss!! Are you going to group?

Thank You! :) yeah we are staying to group. I've done SW before and it was only the first time when we really did well, and now we realised it was probably because that's the only time we stayed to group! I've got a nasty cold at the moment though so I didn't stay this week, I've totally lost my appetite as well which is WEIRD for me!!

philly i hope you feel better soon, i find i do well by going to group thought i would hate it but i volunteered to talk this week i must have gone crazy, weeks i just weight i still do well coz i now know people at group so they talk to you before you weigh and that spurs me on.

I love a good gossip with everyone at group before the meeting. My son gets fussed and people say suck nice things too. The other week a new member said I was an inspiration, which pushed me on for that week, such a motivation and part of a reason I need to refocus. Feeling part of a group has such an amazing effect

I always stay to group, not that I find it inspiring as all they do is say how much each person has gained or lost after sitting around for 45 minutes waiting for it to start, but I find knowing I am going to be weighed makes the difference as I don't want to pay all that money for nothing, it's the fear factor! :)

I am quite relaxed about this because I know I will lose weight, even though I am still convinced I will gain or sts every week (I know this is a contradiction but welcome to my mind :)) so for me even 1/2 off is great news haha
SW is such an easy plan, esp EE, so it shouldn’t be hard as there is so much variety but I am not tough enough with myself! I had three cookies today because I had cravings for sweet things after I had 2x Alpen light as my HEXB this morning so I think I need to save my sweet things for later in the day to stop have less time for cravings during the day.
I got the new magazine last Thursday so I need to read it as I find the weight loss stories in there are really inspiring. If/when you guys get it I’d be interested to see what you think to the calendar which is free with it this time….

I think EE is the best weight loss plan I've ever seen. I am definitely not one for daddy weird diets... So in the past when I've fallen off the wagon I just look back and think WHYY??!! It's so easy, and I'm not a fussy eater so I enjoy it.... Don't know what my issue was! Hopefully I'll manage better this time. Long story short I used to binge eat, I got hypnotherapy and now I don't do it anymore - I'm hoping that was my downfall last time so I can be successful this time! That and staying to group at least every other week :)

I haven't even opened it yet Fran, I just had a flick through the calendar, hope you enjoy it. Also thank you :)

Philly you are very right about EE so good luck with it, I am sure you can do it this time and keep it off

Philly, that's great about hypnotherapy, I have never spoken to anyone who has done it before.

I was skeptical because it was SO expensive, and you can get it cheaper but I'd heard really good things about this woman and she stopped my friend smoking in one session! So I paid £350 for 5 sessions... I've had 4 now and I'm waiting a month to identify what to focus on in my last one... £350 to stop binge eating is amazing, worth every penny - it s seriously wonderful I didn't think it could happen, even if that's all I get out of it I'm thrilled. It took about 3 sessions :)

I know I could never afford anything like that, will have to stick to good old will power to get me through.

Starting fresh today now I got my holiday out the way and I got time to go food shopping, so sw chips or wedges and maybe a veggie omlette for tea and some yoghurt and fruit and a sandwich for lunch using my hea and heb

Is it just me, or is the new magazine FULL of recipes?! YAY!

Just a flying visit. I must clean!!! A friend of mine has said she'll call today and her house is like some sort of museum/show home! I swear she makes me feel like such a filth bag, even though other friends think of me as a clean freak. I'll be surprised if she shows up, actually, but I'd rather have it clean and not have her show up, than have it messy and her knocking on the door and me freaking out!

In the meantime... I done this yesterday morning... care to have a listen? Feel free to share it, I'd actually love some comments and opinions!
Somwhere Over the Rainbow - Eva Cassidy Cover - YouTube

Ooh, I will give it a listen later (boy asleep on me right now).

I couldn't buy the magazine because it was a different consultant!!! *wails* AND I couldnt get the book i decided I was going to read when I got my 4 stone award AND they sold out of the dress I was going to have for my Xmas goal, and birthday and Xmas presents. Grr. BUT I lost 2lbs! Got my 4 stone award and slimmer of the week. :D a woman who joined the week before me and was always in front until it came to 3 stone award (she lost 9lbs in her first week! I lost 2.5 to give you perspective on our difference) is now being snotty with me and for once I trutely couldn't give a flying ****. Mum's friends at flab club told her about my loss and she said "but she's been eating two dinners all week!" Only half true really. I was hungry the whole time but then I curbed myself, cut portions and syns right back and went for a quick walk every day. No hiking just to the shops and back. I recognised and readjusted what i needed to.

So a mixed day of disappointments and surprised happiness. Half a lb for October target, 6.5 for x-mas target. Still a hell of a lot to go!

I've no fruit in, and it's putting a real snag in my plans today. I ended up just having beans on toast for brekkie...no idea what to have for lunch. lol

Well done losing 2lb, and getting ahead of the competition haha. She's snotty now cos she's probably been competing with you too!

Ooh, what about veg? I just had tomatoes and mushrooms with my lunch (sausage, sw chips and egg). It is so hard when there's no fruit in :( you will get there still. I know it.

This lady has been gaining and maintaining but admits she is just messing around and needs to get her head in gear. It is hard, I won't go on walks with her because she boarders on running up hill for ages whereas I prefer a nice even pace more often. It is all or nothing and I have been working on getting myself out of that mindset.

Bought some bits in town to plan the rest of the week seen as though I cant do the planner this week. Got some gammon, pork chops and chicken breasts so should make some yummy stuff, just need to remember it is just for me and my boy!

Well I did have soup for lunch and am planning a veggie stir-fry for dinner. Plenty of SF. Plus, as I'm not having any meat, today can be green, and I will have an extra heb. That sorts out the no SF with breakfast. :D
I know what you mean about all or nothing. A particular girl in my group went all out for about 6 months, lost over 5 stone and was basically living on 5 syns a day all week. In the past month or so, she's gradually put on weight, with another gain this week, bringing her total loss to just over 3.5st. She went all or nothing at the beginning, and I'm pretty sure she's run out of get-up-and-go now, and is back into the nothing department.

Hypno sounds really interesting, it is a lot of money but if you have it and can afford it then good on you for trying. I have to admit it would be something I'd be tempted with as I know someone who did this and it worked for them and almost 10 years later they're still a healthy size so I really hope it works for you :)

Fran congratulations!!!! Knew you'd get that award!! Which book had you wanted to get? I am sure you'll be able to get it somewhere, have you thought about amazon etc? Because I go to group in the evening and it's getting on for 9 when I get back so I end up putting it down and forgetting about it!! Hopefully you'll be able to get it next week.

My plan for friday night is to have a 'take away' style SW meal and chill in front of the tv with the mag and really enjoy reading it

Mandy your day sounds yummy :)

Yay. Problem solved :)

Ahh, yep sounds like this lady. She cuts out bread and cheese and lives off of soup and exercises 3 times a day every day. My group always laughs because I'm always eating during class (no time beforehand, especially if I am walking in). But my son usually steals part of it. He was feeding me satsuma today though. So no accusation of me not eating! This lady is still 3stone 3lbs down, so it isn't bad, but I joined sw to lose weight and learn where I was messing up

Back