20 somethings

I agree about the x factor thing!

Tomorrow I'm going to see a friend who had just opened a bakery! I love him to bits but it's going to be tough surrounded by baked goods!! Then Sunday I'm helping out at a charity ballet event at the royal opera house which my uncle is organising. Random but hopefully fun!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi everyone! Gosh I can't keep up with this thread haha! I don't have much planned this weekend. Wanted to go out tonight but too skint as I've just moved house :( We have moved in to the city centre which is great for a good social life but the rent is so damn expensive I probably won't ever be able to go out haha! Will be good for my diet though if I'm too poor to drink :D

Mmmm bakery sounds so good. Make sure you don't visit hungry!

Sounds like a great weekend miss corset. I'd want to eat the whole place though! Have a big breakfast before you go is my recommendation. Saved me from eating aomething synful when out today. That and knowing I had dinner in the fridge when I got home (yay organisation!)

Way to see the silver lining Felix. Haha.

Jenna fail nothing, it is a treat sized twix not a whole chocolate cake. I just scoffed ky sons gingerbread man because he threw it on the floor! That's fail! (the floor is clean may I add)

I wasn't tempted to get it, just thought their prices were nuts. Got my son some in the night garden books though :) and a cute top for when he is bigger. Got a bunch of carrots that are Orange, white and purple for a bit of fun too. And my new book, my nieces' Xmas presents and some of nate's Xmas presents arrived today too. Not bad as they werent meant to arrive until Tuesday. Food delivery is coming between 8 and 9 tonight so just veggling before and after then. :)

Felix said:
Hi everyone! Does anyone mind if I join in? I am 22 and joined SW last Wednesday but couldn't start until Sunday as that's when I do my weekly shop. I had my first WI last night and lost 2.5 which is amazing for only 4 days on plan. So pleased and finding it easy to stick to :) I don't have many close friends and any I do have all live far away and don't really have any issues with food or being overweight so I love this forum for support. I have around 4 stones to lose but after trying about a million diets I am taking the best route which is losing slowly and healthily :D

Welcome felix and well done on your loss x

StarGir1 said:
Hey All,

Longest group ever and was out for about 2.5hours (live 5 min away!) so am back now but very very tired, I am pleased to report after my gain last week I lost 4.5lbs this week!!! I lost that much on my first week so here is hoping I can somehow get a good loss next week too, any help and support this week will be much appriciated :)

Wow well done u that's fab. As always help and support will be here in abundance x

Well ladies I for one am well glad it's the weekend it's been another hectic week at work, I swear I get busier and busier as the weeks go by!!

Tomorrow morning I shall be toddling off to my first bootcamp session and I am bricking it a little, not just about the session itself and it killing me off but worried that the other people there are all gunna be skinnie Minnie's who are as fit as a fiddle also hoping my back is ok. Wish me luck ladies lol! No other weekend plans apart from footy tomorrow afternoon and then a chill day Sunday, that's if I can get out of bed!!! :) x

Hi ladies, sorry I've not been around much this week, mum is still in hospital and I've been there with her every day. Plus had loads of things to do. Had to go into work to talk to my manager about when I'm going back after my maternity leave so I got there and sat at a table in the canteen near the walkway and he looked at me and kept walking! He only stopped because I stood up and said hi! He didn't recognise me! It's been 6 months since he last saw me and and e said when he was walking in he saw me and thought 'she looks a bit like sam' but didn't think it was me! And everyone in the office thought I looked great, so that was a nice ego boost :) jack has started on solids, he's only had carrot so far but he seems to love it! I think he's having a growth spurt though because he is even more attached to my boob than usual! So with constantly feeding him and going back and forth to hospital I'm knackered xx

ooh jo scary! I bet a lot will be in the same position as you don't worry, else why would they bother going to boot camp? try to have fun! I think i would just die! especially if i had to jump anything... as you can tell i have no idea what they actually make you do at boot camp.

Sammy I'll bet you are knackered. all the best to your mum, do they know how much longer she'll be in for? I hope everything is going well. we're all a bit hospital-phobic here, we can't wait to get out. I remember hiding when i was about 8 because my mum said i had to go to hospital (i cut my knee and it got infected). ha, she still found me! Great news on jack. nate was really funny with anything non milk tasting (texture was fine) so i had to gradually introduce flavour into his baby rice a bit at a time, complete pain in the bum! He probably will have a bit more boob now, the solid food won't fill him yet, it is just tasting so somehow they want even more milk... he will calm down soon enough. :) AND FINALLY A BIG WOOHOO GET YOU! that is so fab he didn't recognise you! but then, just look at your stats. you have lost nearly a quarter of your body weight, and then add on the baby and gunk weight, it isn't surprising at all. bet you felt fabulous.

right, got to go wander around in the dark and hope the delivery van doesn't hit me while i open the gates up for him. i cheated with the washing up and shoved it in the dishwasher (so naughty). and it turned out it wasn't my book that was delivered but one of nate's puzzles for christmas. grr, good job i got a designer knitting magazine earlier. the stuff in it is gorgeous. not done any knitting for a few days but hopefully i will pick it back up tomorrow and get the front finished this weekend. just been on the phone to my mum who said "...I saw one of the scarves sheila knitted, i don't understand what all the fuss is about, the one you've made is much nicer...." :-o that's a huge compliment in her book so was a bit wowee.

plan tomorrow is a green day B: eggs and soldiers and fruit. L: jacket potato, beans, cheese and salad. D: squash, lentil and tomato curry and rice. with an a and a b left over. who said you had to miss out when losing weight!

sammyb1985 said:
Hi ladies, sorry I've not been around much this week, mum is still in hospital and I've been there with her every day. Plus had loads of things to do. Had to go into work to talk to my manager about when I'm going back after my maternity leave so I got there and sat at a table in the canteen near the walkway and he looked at me and kept walking! He only stopped because I stood up and said hi! He didn't recognise me! It's been 6 months since he last saw me and and e said when he was walking in he saw me and thought 'she looks a bit like sam' but didn't think it was me! And everyone in the office thought I looked great, so that was a nice ego boost :) jack has started on solids, he's only had carrot so far but he seems to love it! I think he's having a growth spurt though because he is even more attached to my boob than usual! So with constantly feeding him and going back and forth to hospital I'm knackered xx

I can imagine your exhausted you poor thing you've been running round none stop for days. Hope mum is improving :)

That's fab about work Hun I bet you felt like you were walking on cloud 9 :) x

Franalamadingdong said:
ooh jo scary! I bet a lot will be in the same position as you don't worry, else why would they bother going to boot camp? try to have fun! I think i would just die! especially if i had to jump anything... as you can tell i have no idea what they actually make you do at boot camp.

Sammy I'll bet you are knackered. all the best to your mum, do they know how much longer she'll be in for? I hope everything is going well. we're all a bit hospital-phobic here, we can't wait to get out. I remember hiding when i was about 8 because my mum said i had to go to hospital (i cut my knee and it got infected). ha, she still found me! Great news on jack. nate was really funny with anything non milk tasting (texture was fine) so i had to gradually introduce flavour into his baby rice a bit at a time, complete pain in the bum! He probably will have a bit more boob now, the solid food won't fill him yet, it is just tasting so somehow they want even more milk... he will calm down soon enough. :) AND FINALLY A BIG WOOHOO GET YOU! that is so fab he didn't recognise you! but then, just look at your stats. you have lost nearly a quarter of your body weight, and then add on the baby and gunk weight, it isn't surprising at all. bet you felt fabulous.

right, got to go wander around in the dark and hope the delivery van doesn't hit me while i open the gates up for him. i cheated with the washing up and shoved it in the dishwasher (so naughty). and it turned out it wasn't my book that was delivered but one of nate's puzzles for christmas. grr, good job i got a designer knitting magazine earlier. the stuff in it is gorgeous. not done any knitting for a few days but hopefully i will pick it back up tomorrow and get the front finished this weekend. just been on the phone to my mum who said "...I saw one of the scarves sheila knitted, i don't understand what all the fuss is about, the one you've made is much nicer...." :-o that's a huge compliment in her book so was a bit wowee.

plan tomorrow is a green day B: eggs and soldiers and fruit. L: jacket potato, beans, cheese and salad. D: squash, lentil and tomato curry and rice. with an a and a b left over. who said you had to miss out when losing weight!

I hope so fran I did think that but there are sometimes ppl that will go even when they look like Cheryl Cole lol! I also don't really know what there gunna do lol oh crap what have I let myself on for!!! :( :(

I'm with you I hate hospitals so much however have had to come to terms with them as grandparent spent a lot of time in them and my dad over the years! X

oh you will have a blast jo, at the very least you can say you did it. you didn't know what ww or sw was going to be like before you went. :) I thought it was going to be like little britain. haha.

Ah, my grandad died in hospital... not really a story anyone wants to hear. good job we always have drs for neighbours really, one of whom hates hospitals too and discharged himself earlier this year despite having pneumonia. he is bonkers though, and always flirts with my mum so we call him "boyfriend". "are you sure you will be ok?!?!" "yes, if there's a medical emergency i will call 999 and run round to boyfriend's!"

Delivery arrived stupid tesco trying to fobb me off with carrots instead of broccoli. F you Tesco! AND fobb me off with different chicken so it isn't BOGOF. And no unsmoked bacon AND wrong flavoured water. stupid tesco. won't get a friday night delivery again. stupid twonks.

Thanks ladies, it is tiring. No idea when mum will be out as she has pneumonia on top of everything else. They are taking such bad care of her, it's awful, and I do nothing but worry. She is covered in bruises because they keep leaving her off her oxygen tank and she collapses when she's trying to get to the toilet because they don't take her when she asks them to, she's had so many hypos (she's diabetic and normally her blood sugar is too high, but it keeps dipping too low in there) and she nearly died because of it on Sunday. On Wednesday I had to force them to change the bedding because it hadn't been changed in 5 days and there had been blood on a pillow case since mum had her canula put in on the first day and it was still there! She asks them for her medication and we have to keep chasing them up for it, and on Wednesday a nurse actually took her to the toilet and left her in there. After 20 minutes I went to the nurses station and asked if she was ok as it had been 20 minutes and the buzzer was going off inside the toilet and they said she was fine and didn't respond to the buzzer and then after another 15 minutes they finally brought we back because they finally went to her when they heard her call for help because she had been off the oxygen for 35 minutes at that point and couldn't breathe!!! They've been a bit better yesterday and today but I think that's because on wednesday I went and asked for the complaints procedure. She's been in 12 days and we still don't know when she can come home. She hates hospitals, always has, and she's worse now than she was when she went in! They're just not looking after her at all. I wish I could bring her home and do it myself but I obviously don't have the medical equipment that we would need for her. I feel completely run down and knackered from the running about and the worry and constant feeling like I'm having to fight the hospital to get her the basic care she needs. She's on the cardiac ward for god sake, the patients on there obviously need a higher level of care and the nurses there can't even provide the basics!! :( xx

Next time you are there ask to speak to the head sister/nurse and tell her what you told us. When you are at home and concerned call the nurses station. Mum felt I wasn't being taken care of and one night rung the nurses station 10 times. I didn't know at the time because I'd become delusional and didn't know what tje ******* was going on. So ring, and pester them. Do you care if they get annoyed? Nope, bug them until she is taken care of properly and if that involves making official complaints then do. The midwives hated my mother but I wasn't being treated and ended up stuck there for 2 weeks and only got sent home because if I stayed I was running the risk of catching a superbug. So ING yhem, annoy them, pewter them, because if you don't you'll hate yourself. Oh, and do complain to the head nurse even if ypu don't male an official complaint. Take names of negligent nurses too. I spoke to the head midwife and got one evil ***** of a midwife banned from coming near me or my son.

I agree with Fran, whilst nursing is a really stressful job with lots to do...it's what they are paid for (all be it poorly). My mum is a nurse so I fully appreciate how hard they (usually) work and the lack of recognition they get for it but the things that you're telling us about are not matching up to the standard of care that is required and would disgust most health care professionals.

You probably won't annoy them, even if they seem funny now realistically they have to expect relatives to expect the best care for their family and it's not like you're asking them to go the extra mile, you just want her basic needs met.
I really hope your mum is feeling better soon.

True, I had some that were wonderful. One even went and argued with a Dr because he said if I didn't have a temperature I was fine, she pointed out atypical temperatures and the fact that I was displaying obvious signs of an infection. He made her Sean me but it was the infection in my womb that they knew about and were ignoring that was causing the issue. So some are wonderful, but some shouldn't be in the job (withholding pain relief post c-section). So definitely pester until her basics are met. Ignoring a help alarm is unacceptable.

Thanks ladies, I know, it's disgusting. She's been delusional a few times because they haven't listened to her when she's told them she has an infection. She had a uti, they didn't believe her, then got a really bad fever with it and was shouting and singing through the night and doesn't remember anything about it. She told them when she was admitted that she felt like the pneumonia was back and even though she's had 4 chest X-rays since then, it took them 11 days to diagnose and start treating her for it, and they tested her blood to check her infection count. On a normal healthy person I think it's meant to be between 7 and 15 if I remember correctly, but mums is in the high 200's and they don't know what's causing it as they say there must be another infection somewhere but they don't know where. She's still all swollen with water retention, her feet and legs are so massive, so they haven't managed to get that down in the time she's been there either. Plus whenever she's had funny turns they haven't told me and I'm down as her next of kin! Even when I'm there every day they don't tell me if somethings happened. I'm not impressed with them at all. Xx

*floats up out of the ether* hahaha

I've not been here much this week, sorry guys. I was out grabbing life by the horns so to speak. Thursday evening I had crochet group. Was a bit nervous as I didn't really know anyone there, but I made a new friend! Yay! Went for a drink with her afterward (2 drinks max went out the window!) and ended up on a right bender, but that's okay cos I haven't been out for weeks, and I guess I needed the night out to recharge my lust for life. Got loads of compliments on the weight loss too, which inspires you to keep going. The Landlord actually didn't even recognise me for a while haha
So yesterday I died an absolute death all day long, and it didn't help when I had a mother call to the door to tell me my kids were involved in a fight with her son after school Thursday. Ugh. Called into the school by the headmaster too...mortified. My children have just never ever been that way!
So I dragged them over to the mother's house after school and made them apologise, and have thought up suitable punishment. No privellages for two weeks...which includes TV, video games, phone, dance class or after school clubs. They are literally only allowed out of their rooms to eat, use the bathroom and clean. I know it seems harsh, but by God they'll have learnt a very valuable lesson at the end.
Finally got the hang of the yoke for the cardigan, thanks to a very helpful girl in crochet group so I'm delighted with that too. The scales seem to be moving downward thank God, but I have to be very careful with my syns now after the drinks Thursday. Had a syn-free day yesterday, will only have 5 syns today, and 5 tomorrow. Then back to full syns Monday.

Right... I'm off to shock the kids yet again by telling them we're cleaning the entire house (even though I done it the other day) just to make it that bit more miserable for them. I feel evil for it, but punishment isn't meant to be enjoyable.

i'm PREGNANT! sorry we aren't telling people close to us this time since i miscarried last time, the only person so far who knows is my bff coz i refused to believe my eyes with the test husband doesn't know yet hes at work. and i just needed to shout it still in shock. but soooo happy.

sweetdll said:
i'm PREGNANT! sorry we aren't telling people close to us this time since i miscarried last time, the only person so far who knows is my bff coz i refused to believe my eyes with the test husband doesn't know yet hes at work. and i just needed to shout it still in shock. but soooo happy.

Congratulations! I have got everything crossed for you :)

Congratulations sweetdll! I'm so happy for you! Are you going to think up a special way to tell hubby? Xx

Back