20 somethings

Good luck Mandy, I wish I was obsessed with cleaning!

21 syns isn't that much over your allowance. 2 days syn free will be more than enough!

morning all i'm having a pj day today morning sickness is awful and i have tooth aches so curled up on the sofa with the duvet. All worth it tho :)

sweetdll said:
morning all i'm having a pj day today morning sickness is awful and i have tooth aches so curled up on the sofa with the duvet. All worth it tho :)

So excited for you :) how far along are you? I know you've probably said but I can't remember!

Hope it soon passes sweetdll!
I'm not having a good day still! Dropped a brand new (heavy!) can of furniture polish on my toe and it bloody hurts now! On the plus side I won't have to paint that toenail for a while, its a charming shade of purple now! :/

Mandy & Laura - I hope you feel better soon! The cough sounds horrendous.

Jenna & Clare - Thanks for the well wishes. My boss is currently giving a presentation to the big boss (He's a Sir and has his own Wikipedia page!) so we're waiting to see how it went...

Laura - Eeeeee! Exciting plans! What is it with the OHs around here lately?! First Scarlett's and now yours! Who will be next..? Fab news on the scales too. My old boss used to regularly bring in boxes of Krispy Kremes - absolutely killer! I moved into his section in my first week on SW back in 2010 and he bought me a Krispy Kreme as a welcome present - I felt awful but had to politely decline. These days I'm a bit more syn savvy and I'd work around it!

Clare - Glad the new job is going well! I know what you mean about an office full of feeders. My boss just gets cravings during the day and will pop out at lunch to buy all the ingredients for nachos or something. We're always talking about takeaways or baking and he's a sucker for biscuits/cakes/chocolates on offer. Not as bad as my last boss who once brought in one of Tescos giant chocolate muffin desserts to share between the two of us - it was near enough 2000 calories on its own! It's great that you've got a potential buddy in the WW girl - I'm in an office of boys who either don't care or don't have to care about their weight.

Scarlett - I used to start every day with a homemade Costa coffee with amaretto flavour syrup. My OH is a filter coffee addict so he'd just make it up in a travel mug for me to take to work - that was my only breakfast! I have given it up completely now as I love the syrup too much to have the coffee without it and it's the only time I use milk during the day. The only trouble is, coffee always made me 'go' (oh no, back to the poo conversation!) which would be pretty handy on WI day!

Jessikah - So glad Parents' Evening went well! I used to help in a Reception class and you forget how totally abstract numbers are. Trying to get 4 year olds to learn what is basically a random squiggle, and then tell them it means '3 things' and can be written as '3' or 'three' - it's a lot to take in! That's before you start adding random squiggles to another random squiggle to make another squiggle! (Did that make any sense at all?!) Basically we did a lot of number tracing, dot to dots and physically getting 3 things and 2 things and showing that together they made 5 things etc. One day it will just click!

I was super bossy too, but I was the tallest in my class, eldest child at home, eldest grandchild... I think I was boss wherever I was! My mum and my Nanna remember a mortifying day when they took me to the park and an old lady was sat on the bench we usually sat on - I marched right up to them and said "Excuse me, that's MY bench!" The lady just chuckled and asked if I'd like her to move, while my Nanna and mum ran over apologising profusely! Eventually I got overtaken in height and I ended up really shy.

Ouch, hate that! I got new doors put in downstairs a couple of years ago, and to this day I still catch myself on the handles. They're much higher and more "scroll-like" than the plain ones I had, and I forget about them, and usually end up banging my arms or side off them. You'd think I'd be used to them by now!

So far have gotten the kitchen, sitting room and hall cleaned, all hoovered, polished and floors washed, and also lit the fire, as there were briquettes on my hearth and they look dirty so I just used them haha

Awww I can imagine you ordering that poor old woman to move haha, I'd say your Mum and Gran were absolutely mortified. I know I do be when Fia says something random but completely horrible. She's very into her swears at the minute. She fell out of bed here one night last week and OH went up to put her back in. Next morning she was telling me about falling out of bed, and told me her Daddy called her a silly b1tchy... really he called her a silly billy lol

Went to tesco at lunch with my new diet buddy and got a few things. Just making up a mugshot for lunch now which I'll eat at my desk.

Think the other temp might be getting let go - feel a bit bad cause I've totally outshone him but its a dog eat dog world!

Hello girls! Lots to catch up on!! Really is the most chatty thread :p
Will have a proper flick through later when I get a mo! Was just popping on to say hi! I have been well an truly spoilt! I don't normally get much for my bday but this year OH has pulled out all the stops! I got 3 new dresses, shoes, handbag, earrings, fluffy slippers and off the girls a beautiful pandora bracelet with 4 new charms!! Piglet and a little silver bead with dreams come true from Lily and 2 little girls with mum and dad on a bead with a little red heart gem and a family tree bead from Bonnie. Oh and also a wonderful bouquet of flowers, he also dropped kids of at school and came back with a iced vanilla latte from costa, my absolute favourite!!! Spoilt rotten!!!! X

Mandy come clean my house thanks please thanks :)

Ouchie about the toe scarlet, but I had to "like" it because the painting the toe thing made me chuckle

Emily that bench story is SO cute! My boy is tall but so shy. Bless him.

Clare, don't feel bad about doing well. If he struggled and asked for help he'd improve. You are only responsible for you. Hope you survive the feeders!

Happy birthday Jess :) how lucky are you! What a lovely family :)

Lost 2.5lbs this week. Then later had to rush to the public loos and leave Nate with mum and lost another 2.5.... I have now officially set my Target and my interim target. It makes it scary and real now it is on her computer. She also asked me to bring in my "before" photos again next week. She says I'm miss slinky, I'm the only one who qualifies but I don't qualify to go on beyond group. So that'll be nice.... Other than showing yet more people my gross pictures! Damnit.

Happy birthday jess! X

Well done fran thats great :)

Clare, well done, it's not easy to get ahead in work, especially when you're a temp. There may be a job offer, if things keep going the way they are!!

Jess, what a lovely day you're having! Happy birthday, hun and I hope the spoiling goes on and on. Must be wonderful to celebrate your birthday in your new slimline body too!

Fran well done on the loss! (both losses haha) Weren't you worried about WI this week?!

Happy birthday Jess!! What a thoughtful family you have!! Oooh Fran, check you out Miss Slinky!! Fab news!

Well so much for not feeling too unwell! I feel dreadful now! Am back in bed and have just had a 2 hour nap, sleeping is the only time I'm not sh*tting!! My stomach is killing too; I am hungry, but just can't eat a thing without it going right through me...sorry for all the details girls, hope no one is put off their lunch (lucky b*ggars, wish I was having lunch haha!) but I feel rotton!!

Scales are showing some pretty impressive numbers mind, a couple of days like this might give me a canny little boost! It's dreadful that we think like that, but hey ho, gotta roll with the punches!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ouch Scarlett! I managed to get my finger stuck in the hinges of a door a couple of years ago (yes, the kind of thing you warn a toddler not to do) and I had to go to A&E because it went purple and swollen so quickly. Because I had nail varnish on and they didn't have any remover they just sent me home and told me the nail would probably fall off :eek:. I went to the doctor a few days later as it was still throbbing so badly and she said they should have drilled a hole through the nail to drain it :eek::eek: so I was pretty glad they just sent me home..! In the end it turned out fine. The nail didn't fall off. I just had to wait for the scab to grow out underneath the nail, which was pretty gross.

My mum and dad had new doors fitted in our house and the handles were that much higher up that I was forever bruising my upper arm walking into them! I'm so clumsy.

Congratulations on the loss, Fran! And the extra loss..! What are the qualification criteria for Miss Slinky? Not that I'm edging for it - just my group has a good few very successful members!

Happy birthday Jess! Sounds like you've been thoroughly spoilt! The Pandora charms sound beautiful - and all those dresses! Sounds like you need a date night to show them off!

Last edited:
Camz, I thought the same when I had the stomach bug a few weeks ago, but actually didn't lose anything lol cos as soon as I started eating (the day before WI, I think) it all just came back!

Thank you all you beauties!
Fran well done you little slinky minx! :D
Oh and sitting in the fridge is a single slice of Morrisons New York cheesecake with a candle in ;) danger mouse over and out :p x

Hahahaha I'm surprised you haven't inhaled it yet !

xMandyDx said:
Camz, I thought the same when I had the stomach bug a few weeks ago, but actually didn't lose anything lol cos as soon as I started eating (the day before WI, I think) it all just came back!

Yeah I've got a feeling the same will happen to me, but a girl can cross her fingers haha! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

You'd do better crossing your legs hahaha

Back