20 somethings

Pmsl it does look dodgy until the last line

Thanks for such a kind welcome back all!! :) My week in Cornwall was amazing, nice weather bar one day when it rained but it was so nice not to need to wear my coat everyday :) I did however eat everything in sight and it was all so nice but that also includes fish and chips 3 time, and 6 full english breakfasts!! Then I got back on my birthday and it was the first time I saw OH for the best part of 4 weeks so we just ate out all weekend and had lots of cake...so much for me trying to be in control over my birthday....

Had WI and have gained 2lbs which is frankly amazing in the best way possible as I really expected more like 1/2 a stone

The trouble is I have got in to bad habits of eating anything whenever so I really need to go back to basics so all the help I can get this week will be great

Reading that it's been quiet here tonight means I will prob never be able to keep up with this and I thought we were chatty before haha

I am so sorry that although I have read all the posts since my last one but as I knackered so have forgotten what I have read so I am sorry I have missed mentioning anything but me, promise to be better next time :)

Will be on again either tomorrow or over the weekend and will try remember everything and make this is bit more personal to everyone x x

Well I've a cheek to say it's quiet and then swan off for an hour haha!
Poor Bagpuss, be careful with him, my friend was microwaving one of those bears for his granny today and it burnt because he heated it too long and all the bean things came out lol!
Jealous of the nail painting, I've bitten my nails since I was wee (disgusting habit) and have yet to stop...they seem to be longer than usual at the minute...I spend a fortune on false nails and glue!

Plans for tomorrow? Gym for me , colonic cleanse (eeeek..that diy one) and then some quality time with ma mere!

Well done on the minimal gain and well done of focusing on going back to basics. :)

I love how I always sound mental :/

Jenna, are you sure your mum will want post colonic quality time? Haha ew!

Tomorrow sw pancakes, take Nate to be persecuted by the god squad, naptime for him, I might get some chill out time, maybe do yet more laundry(!) Soup is already made for tomorrow, thinking I will do my chicken Kiev for the parents with sw chips and veg. Yet another day at dullsville.

Glad you had a fab time Star, a 2lb gain is fantastic given that you were away! Off in no time. Don't worry about bad habits creeping in...come on here and we'll kick your a$$ if you think about continuing them.

Hmm maybe quality time with mum before the colonic haha!
Ooh kievs <3 I'm going to try one of the chicken burgers (not actual chicken burgers but quorn style chicken burgers) tomorrow. Going to be GUTTED if they're gross.

Evening ladies :)

Had enchiladas for dinner. Probably shouldn't have but they were in the cupboard so had to be eaten eventually. 25-odd syns though, I'll just not have any tomorrow.

Catching up with corrie. The Marcus/Maria storyline is ****ing ridiculous!

2lbs is great star especially since in 1 weekend I can easily gain 3 or 4 lol

Lol good luck with the colonic cleanse jenna, rather u than me haha I wouldnt do one of those things, drinking salt water doesnt appeal to me lol I will stick to my slimatee which I still havent tried yet, too scared lol

Fran I love making chicken kievs so yummy shame that chicken breasts are so expensive or I would eat them alot

ok i haven't caught up on posts you guys can chat for england lol.

who here does slimmingworld from home and doesn't go to group? if anyone, do you find it ok.

I am thinking of quiting group, a) christmas is coming and my nhs voucher has now finished and i can't really justify spending £5 a week to watch my weight maintain and rise whilst i'm pregnant and b) i'm currently finiding it impossible to stick to, the only thing i can keep down at the minute is cheese and cream crackers, tried ryvita as the health option and its not happening.

so i am thinking of stoping til i get to the end of morning sickness then restarting, but doing it at home, obviously i'm trying to make semi healthy choices on what i eat at the minute but i am struggling to keep anything down all i ate yesterday was a bag of monster munch and 4 cheese and crackers, sickness was awful and i threw up my salad, i only managed to eat half of it in the first place.

so what i'm really asking is, is it possible to do it at home and stick to it?

That is fab star for the naughtiness!! You must be well pleased with that and even better for you going back to basics, like Jenna said we are all here to keep each other going. It sounds abit crazy but I think since I've joined minimins and got talking on this thread I've been a lot more on track, I was sort of like oh well I'm at target lets order a Chinese tonight and il be good tomorrow and then the next day oh well I'm at target so il have one biscuit lol, but that's all stopped now! Everyone on here is so supportive wether you've had a naughty week or full week on plan, we are all here together!
Jenna I want literally every gory detail as I've wanted to have a colonic to fully cleanse myself and feel abit better. Hahah! I had to do an at home enema a little while back before a test I had done at hospital and it was the most foul feeling in the world, although a colonic is completely different, this was horrible!!!
Fran all this soup talk has got me in the mood for a nice warm soup, might venture to the grocers tomorrow n get my veg and do a nice soup. Yum, I do find it hard to not have an entire loaf of crusty bread with it though :p
Clare was it the Old El Paso ones? Honestly they are Devine! They are OHs favourite and I miss them a lot, used to have them every week! So good! X

Last edited:
I shall be sure to fill you in, Jess haha!

I do SW at home, have done from the start. Initially signed up on line for 3 months and I think that's what made me take it seriously, I'd shelled out 60 quid, there was no way I was paying that to stay obese. I then found minis and have to say I only used SW online to log my weight loss each week.
It is doable alone because of minis, I don't need the support of an actual group because of the people on here. Reading their stories, seeing their recipe ideas, looking at their pictures keeps me going.

I do sw at home, I dont even pay to use the sw online, never have, I get all my syn values from googling and here and recipes etc.. Im a bit up and down as im still learning to say no to things I shouldnt have but im getting there, I can barely afford to fork out on all the food im buying let alone paying for sw too so its my only option, only downside is I dont get any awards to keep me motivated lol

I didn't realise so many of you girls did it from home! I have to say hats off to all of you that do cos I would not be where I am today if I hadn't gone to group, for me it was totally a kick up the bum and everyone supported me, I know I get the support here now but I wasn't on here then! Group was everything to do with my weightloss xx

Im in bed but still lurking whilst waiting for the divine mcfly boys on celebrity juice :)

I went to group from Jan to august really, then in the middle of this year one thing after another in my life started happening and going wrong, my little brother had a series of "strokes" (since confirmed as something else but left him unable to work for months) my nan was taken suddenly ill, she died, a week later I was taken ill and into hospital, a week later my mum was taken ill etc you get the drift and I managed to keep going to weigh in and couldn't stay to group.
I realised during this time that it was my boyfriend and the people on here that were keeping me going with it, as I couldn't get to group and having spent a fiver a week to stand on some scales decided I would be better doing it from home. Lost more in the last 2 weeks since making that choice than I did in the previous 3 months overall! You guys are my group! X

ScarlettStar86 said:
Im in bed but still lurking whilst waiting for the divine mcfly boys on celebrity juice :)

I went to group from Jan to august really, then in the middle of this year one thing after another in my life started happening and going wrong, my little brother had a series of "strokes" (since confirmed as something else but left him unable to work for months) my nan was taken suddenly ill, she died, a week later I was taken ill and into hospital, a week later my mum was taken ill etc you get the drift and I managed to keep going to weigh in and couldn't stay to group.
I realised during this time that it was my boyfriend and the people on here that were keeping me going with it, as I couldn't get to group and having spent a fiver a week to stand on some scales decided I would be better doing it from home. Lost more in the last 2 weeks since making that choice than I did in the previous 3 months overall! You guys are my group! X

Wow Scarlett you had a tough time of it and kept focused, absolutely fantastic, Im a bit in awe of people who can do it from home! You're clearly on the right path and doing amazing! A lot of people go through a tough time and give up but to keep going is fab. Amazing lady!
And might I say how jealous I am that your watching the sexual beings that are mcfly.. I'm in bed typing away on my phone and we don't have a telly in our room and im cold and tired!! May have to get this issue resolved for moments like this that I'm missing Danny :p x

thanks guys, i think doing it from home is definatly my best option, and just eating what i can for now to be fair at the end of the day i need to eat for the little one to grow and as bad as it sounds that means eating anything that will stay down at the minute, with in reason ( eg eating a whole chocolate cake coz it stays down is taking it to far) but you get what i mean, have feeling i will be living on crackers for the rest of this week, and bread as they stay down without a problem :)

jessikahlashes said:
Wow Scarlett you had a tough time of it and kept focused, absolutely fantastic, Im a bit in awe of people who can do it from home! You're clearly on the right path and doing amazing! A lot of people go through a tough time and give up but to keep going is fab. Amazing lady!
And might I say how jealous I am that your watching the sexual beings that are mcfly.. I'm in bed typing away on my phone and we don't have a telly in our room and im cold and tired!! May have to get this issue resolved for moments like this that I'm missing Danny :p x

Thanks hun, think to be honest I needed something else to focus on and sw was a great distraction. I didn't lose much over the time though, think I must have literally yo-yoed my way through!
It's only tom and dougie on juice so no Danny. I'm quite happy watching dougie :)

ScarlettStar86 said:
Thanks hun, think to be honest I needed something else to focus on and sw was a great distraction. I didn't lose much over the time though, think I must have literally yo-yoed my way through!
It's only tom and dougie on juice so no Danny. I'm quite happy watching dougie :)

You kept going though. Showed your dedication to yourself! Oh no Danny :( that's abit poo, u watch dougie and il dream of Danny haha x

Back