20 somethings

I have just had a play around with my height stats and if that missing inch came back I would have a BMI of 35.9, that would almost take me down a scale in the fattness levels of the BMI calculations as 35 is the top of one of the ranges but my missing inch takes me that bit further away...come back inch!!

Oh no we can't let you head grow Fran...that would do you no good on the scales so best make it shrink...you're rubbish so there :p

I have to agree I like that this isn't just about weight, it's about everyday life and with others going through similar things and my SW journey would not be half as good without it.

I am pleased to report I have now finished 95% of my cleaning so am just trying to decide on a film to watch...am thinking a Disney one so either Up or Tangled in 3D

Thanks ladies, swam 15 lengths, which I was pleased with, could probably have done more but lots of people seem to have brought children today, so I got out and had a sauna/steam room - lovely! Feeling very pleased with myself - will be back here tomorrow after work, Tuesday after work and weds between work and WI!

I am well and truly back on it ladies, if I even suggest a naughty treat you all have my permission to shout obscenities at me ;-)

Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Star morning sickness is still horrendous but if i eat at 6ish it stays down, pretty much given up trying to eat anything proper during the day because i just end up more hungry after throwing it up, and makes me feel weaker.

I'm 5ft 5 but i'm lucky that the dress i fell in love with fit perfectly,heres me in my dress :) excuse the oh
View attachment 69283 Me and OH with flowers View attachment 69284 my train!

Haha star, thank you. I do the "what would my bmi be if I was still 5'6" lol. But I can't change me height, I can change my weight :) I love up, I haven't seen tangled but I have heard it is really good so I can't help much. Up just for the talking dog. Ha.Laura you have done loads today! You make me feel like such a slob! Hmm, all obcenties (or inventors, thanks autocorrect) come up as little stars though, I will have to invent new ones "oh you gablingering tuna bum" for example

Ah all the talk about falling off the wagon. I did it myself last night. Feeling sick and absolutely crappy so I stuffed my greedy face with chocolates and crisps and muffins and biscuits....ugh. Felt totally guilty after, and this morning when I got up, and the urge to eat a chocolate digestive came up on me, I just shook my head and told myself, "come on, Mandy! A biscuit isn't going to make your life better, for God's sake, you're not missing anything!"
Think I'm going to bring my poor doggy out for a walk/jog later. Yes, you read that correctly, I'm going to give jogging a go. I haven't been able to bring her out for such a long time, being so busy with kids and everything, so she needs a good work out. Plus, it might stop her howling at night!
Finally decided what I want for Xmas...hahaha..another dog. I want a pom. A white one. But can't find one for sale anywhere in Ireland!! :(

Girls, I love that we can share anything and everything in here and there's no judgement or condemnation. This is what true support is. It's all well and good sharing it in group "I gained this week because, blah blah", but you know some of those are secretly delighted you've gained lol

Girls, I love that we can share anything and everything in here and there's no judgement or condemnation. This is what true support is. It's all well and good sharing it in group "I gained this week because, blah blah", but you know some of those are secretly delighted you've gained lol

I think you've just summed it up perfectly Mandy. I also find in group, as mine is always running late, that if you are struggling they just don't have the time to listen

I would love a dog but I rent so it's not allowed. We had ot have our family dog put to sleep earlier this year and it's was the most awful thing ever, he was 14 1/2 and just gave up but it was so sad and I still miss him so much now.

Here is probs the best photo we got View attachment 69289

What a lovely picture Sweet, when did you get married? Sorry you have prob said before but my memory is rubbish sometimes!

We have a dog and we rent i personally think our land lord is crazy as he asked what breed we wanted and then agreed to a st bernard! shes georgous but hard work at the min coz shes bouncy and huge lol.

I love Up, it so sweet and I love Doug. I had a little cry in the cinema when I saw that as the part at the start (no spoilers from me!) was just so heart breaking and lovely. Of the new ones Tangled is very good and Brave was surprising as I didn't expect much but it was good.

My all time favorite is The Little Mermaid closely followed by The Lion King. I have Lion King in 3D but can not wait for the 3D re-release of The Little Mermaid which is meant to be next year. I have way too many Disneys but I love them :)

Have just had my syn free lunch, I had 3 egg (is that too many?) omelette wiith mushrooms, smoked ham, hex a of cheese, spinach and beetroot. Was amazing and over half was SF with speed foods too! I want another 1lb off this week so badly!

How lovely on your birthday too :)

Your landlord must be nuts, I bet he didn't realise which dog you meant, they're lovely dogs but so big! My dog was a collie but he was big for one so I know if I ever have a dog it'll be a smaller one, like a king charles spaniel x

Well I rent too, but it's a local housing authority house, so we're given pretty much free reign. I've replaced the kitchen, built walls, and replaced the entire bathroom too... didn't have to ask permission or anything. My dog is a Siberian Husky. They look so gorgeous, but let me tell you, if you ever, EVER think of getting one, don't. If I could go back and choose a different dog, with the knowledge I have now, I'd get a small house dog haha

see shes actually not huge for a saint mainly because shes female, a large female but no where near as big as a male can be, that said she is around 60kg and still has growing to do shes only 1. You don't really realise how big she is until shes with other dogs, she now towers the MIL's rotti, shes daft as a brush tho and i wouldn't trade her both me and the OH have always wanted a large dog.

But i agree the landlord is crazy mad thing is we asked permission for a kitten and got turned down :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Hit post before I was ready lol... Disney movies! Love them! My all time fav has to be Beauty and the Beast. I think because I could always identify with Beast LOL, wanting to be loved despite my failings.
And that pic of your wedding is absolutely lovely! I don't think I'll ever get married, to be honest. Myself and OH tried that once before, had everything booked and all, but the pressure was too much and we ended up breaking up for 3 months. Right now, I'm happy enough to just be "domestic partners" lol

Maybe your landlord is just not a fan of cats. And to be honest, if a cat pees somewhere, you have your work cut out getting rid of that smell!

yeah plus Missy (dog) is only allowed down stairs and has only for the last few weeks been uncrated/contained downstairs when we aren't in so i think that was a factor to as crated she couldn't do damage as a pup to the house, she is just to big to crate now and she broke her room divider earlier in the week. so took the decision for crating away from us lol. Which reminds me i have no idea where we are going to put her tonight when the teenager and his gf appear as she is to bouncy around the 3 year old and i can't shut her in one half of the room now, may have to be the hall way and hope they don't stop long.

I also live in a flat and along with no pets you also can't have kids as they're meant to be for professionals only....but they're not new, they were built in the late 80's I think and you can often hear what our neighbours are up to from bathroom, bedroom to tv! I hate it here but with no job security I can't move.

You two will have your hands full with those lovely dogs!! Good luck with your jog Mandy, I've a feeling it'll turn in to a sprint ;)

Yay another Disney lover :) I like Beauty and the Beast, I brought it on Blu Ray when it came out and then again when it was re-released in 3D!! Honestly I have wasted so much money on Disney but I will always love them. I save the points from the codes in the box too so have had quite a few for free. Makes me a little sad to think of you relating to the beast but you won't be doing that anymore with your new sexy hair do :)

I think it'd be the same for us if we got engaged short of running off and telling everyone when we got back it'd be so much stress and I am quite relaxed so don't like stress

Sweet, I don't really have a suggestion other than feeding her loads to make her sleepy haha :)

Last edited:
A st Bernard! Bloody hell, I think you are nuts too! You look lovely in your dress, it must have been such a special day.

I love king Charles spaniels. I had one as a little girl and she was lovely. Then we had a pug and he was wonderful, they get health problems. We now have a stink hound (lagotto) and he is a pain in the bum.

I know what you mean mandy. I generally do ok but weeks I get a gain you can see some of them smile, jokes on them as it is always off the next week and the odd gain hasn't stopped the downward trend. We do get weeks on end when someone goes "i gained because I ate biscuits, I won't eat any this week" and then it is the same the next week, I just don't know what to suggest to help. You are right in reminding yourself that a biscuit won't solve things. I'm sorry you felt crappy last night though :( do things seem better now?

Star your omelette wad similar to mine. I used 3 eggs too, i was starving! If you like lion king you will love that I wrote a paper titled "can Disney's the lion king be considered a philosophical film" Haha, I got a 1st on it. :D

Ooh £1 shops are lethal. I see all the sweets for just £1 and I want to scoff them all.

Going to heat up my biryani now. YUM I love biryani. Cockrel doesn't have bumble foot but wouldn't let me near him. He was out and walking so he is ok.

Amusing Nate story. Now for chickens he makes his chicken noise and then says "c0ck" Ahahaha. It doesn't help one of his books calles the cockrel a c0ck after I got him saying cockrel.

Back