20 somethings

Aaargh! In drunk and spending money on sex stuff! Bloody Ann summers parties!

Haha I was the same at my sisters hen as she had an ann summers party although I didnt get drunk, I was the fastest to put the condom on in one of the games haha they still wont believe me when I say I have never used one

Back from dinner and I don't think I did too badly!

175ml red wine = 6
175ml white wine = 6
The pepper sauce on the hare was more like a swoosh of gravy on the plate, and there was at most 1 tsp of chestnut puree so that's about 2.5 syns, plus 3 syns to compensate for cooking methods.
The beef rib had 2 prunes on the plate at 1 syn each, gravy at 1.5 syns and allowing 3 syns for cooking.
1 sugar cube in coffee = 1 syn

So I think I had 25 syns...

I also had something on my plate that wasn't mentioned on the menu and I have no idea what it was! It looked like a potato fondant, but it had a sort of grainy creme caramel texture. It was almost definitely mostly egg, but possibly mixed with mashed potato? Is this a thing?! Anyone got any ideas? I've made it an EE day just in case.

Girls, so sorry I have been invisible for a while, have had so much going on :( don't want to go into too much detail but my head has been all over the place, lets just say I had a shock with a pregnancy test and all didn't go as it should of, so feeling abit grumpy and down. Haven't had a a chance to read through everyone's posts properly but well done on all losses and welcome to all the newbies. Both the girls are on antibiotics now aswell so been none stop amongst other things, will try to keep up from now. Lots of love x

Jess hope all is ok

Planning on a run and a swim today, I better do them! Haven't been swimming in ages which is a pity because I really enjoy it. Fit a small glass of wine into my syns last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it!

Hope everyone is well x

Morning all.

Hope everythings okay Jess.

You are all so active this weekend, I need to get my bum in gear. I have loads of cross stitching to do today (cross stitching a design for all my christmas cards), but I am off to the gym this evening for circuits. Its been a long time so I expect it to be hideous!

Up .25 of a pound this morning, I'll take that after being 4lb up during the week! Managed to resist a takeaway last night.

Just back from the hairdressers - wee treat to myself!

Well done for resisting the takeaway, Clare!

I think the unidentified object on my plate is either a baked chestnut custard or mousseline. Either way, worst case scenario involves 7syns of double cream and some chestnuts, so I probably used at least my 35 syn limit! Never mind, just got to be good for the rest of the week - it was worth it!

I've not got much planned this weekend other than popping over to see family. The weather's grey and miserable here so I don't really fancy going out.

Morning girls :) I'm away for the weekend, on the train to Manchester atm, so I'll not be properly on plan..life's too short! Armed with Pepsi max, pineapple and carrot sticks with houmous for the journey. .

Hope you al have a good one! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Last edited:
hi there im just looking around will be starting slimming world in the new year. wedding date set aswell as weight loss goal. can anyone give me any advice to give me the best tools to start my weightloss? xx

Hi there I'm 23 and I will be starting slimming world in the new year. I'm around 11stone (give or take) depending on how much I indulge over the Christmas period. I would like to loose around a stone for my wedding which is in 2014 but I would like to be at goal when I start looking for my dress in June/July 2013. So that's about 6 months. I'm going to be doing it from home. Does anyone else do it from home? Any tips would be great. I'm looking forward to getting great support from this forum...

Sent from my KFTT using Forum Runner

Hi Amy I'm afraid I don't have any tips for doing it at home as I've only ever been at group, I know I'd never be able to do it at home, I'm just too naughty. The plan is fabulous though. A tip I could give you us why wait until after Xmas? I'd start now, minimise any Xmas gain and you'd already be weighing less in january rather than more. What a fab way to see in the new year?

Clare well done on resisting tale away and for such a tiny gain, you really pulled it back!

Jo have fun, and well dine for bringing snacks with you.

Emily sounds like not too bad a night out and I am glad you enjoyed yourself!

Jess I am so sorry to hear your news. If you need to talk or rant and rave we are all here for you. I hope your girls get better soon too. Give them hugs from us!

It is another soggy day here so I think I might not clear the quails out today (but then again I might) lots of little jobs to do as my routine was thrown out this week. Bins, laundry, birds, cleaning, cooking lunch and preparing tea will hopefully get done before monkey wakes up so I had best get cracking as no doubt another list of stuff to do will errupt... Argh mentally added on another 3 already!

Welcome aimz, I do sw from home and the only tip really is learn control and how to say no to things before you start, thats my biggest downfall really that im still learning to say no, I dont always succeed but im doing my best, its also harder at home as I dont have the pressure of weighing at a group but then I also dont mentally beat myself up over gains as I dont feel that pressure to lose every week, it has its good points and bad points my weightloss is a bit yo-yo atm but hopefully it will start to get under control soon

I'm the same, Christie. Learning to say no is the hardest bit - I just take it a day at a time.

I had 2 rolls with quorn and a packet of transform a snacks for breakfast today since it's weigh in day - what a pathetic treat lol!

Going to ikea today, quite excited :D

Hi Amy I do it at home I've joined online. I would say just make sure you keep an honest food diary and weigh in honestly each week. Because its only yourself you're kidding. This website is also the best thing ever for support and answers. And I'd say just start now give yourself a head start wish I'd started sooner!

Back