20 somethings

I agree with the 'start now' crowd! I know I'd just go mad over Christmas thinking 'Oh well, I'm dieting in the New Year so I've got to eat as much bad stuff as I can!' Then your job is so much harder when you start! It will also help you to make better choices during the festive season to limit the damage!

Put it this way - if I carry on as I have been I'll be at least 8lb lighter by Christmas. Even if I have a gain over Christmas and NY it's unlikely to be that much! Even if you lose a couple of pounds that takes you a seventh of the way closer to target!

Jess hope you're ok hun xx

Welcome aimz, I used to go to group but now do sw from home. The girls in here are my group! I also agree with starting now, think of it this way- if you lose a few lbs now bit have a gain over Christmas you will still be lighter than you would have been not starting now and having the Xmas gain!

Girls I feel like death! :( I drank far too much last night on just a mugshot for tea and didn't go to bed till 5am! Still in bed right now feeling sorry for myself! Any magic hangover cures?

Aw wow loads of replies. I know your right I should start now if I can say no to delicious treats over Christmas then I will have quite good will power. Fly home from lanzerote tomorrow so maybe tomorrow could be my last blow out...what are some things you would suggest being necessary to have in the cupboard? Looks like I'm doing a shop before I start back at work Monday... amy xx

Sent from my KFTT using Forum Runner

Lol Scarlett you poor thing, I only chuckle because I swore off the drink for the whole of November (and have smugly succeeded...who knew I had it in me lol)
Jess, I hope you're ok chick. Hugs.
Laura, where in the feck is this pic of you at the wedding? Or have I just missed it?lol!
Welcome Amy, this thread is fab, the girlies are lovely :D SW staples for me...LOTS of fruit and veg, wholemeal bread, eggs, potatoes, pasta (I go for wholemeal but white is fine), mugshots (make sure they're the syn free ones...v handy for when you're feeling too lazy to cook a meal) and some low syn chocs...just don't buy too many or if you're anything like me you'll scoff the lot!

I'm in a good mood today (even though I'll see ANOTHER gain tomorrow *cry*) as I picked up my grandparents Christmas pressie (part of it) and it's fab :D

Scarlett, my hangover cure I swear by is a Nandos. Works every time!

Amy, welcome :) I agree with everyone else and think the sooner you start the better, you will make less work for yourself in 2013. Staples are the same as Jenna, but also herbs/spices as I use them loads to make meals really spicy.

Having a quiet night in tonight, watching X factor and I’m a celeb and doing loads of cross stitching. Has anyone seen X factor USA? It’s so emotional. All the acts cry after singing! They also rank all of the acts so you know who is being voted for the most. Drama!

Thanks everyone for the lovely replies. An Scarlett I have to agree on the nandos!! Sorts my hangover right out!
I have seen the xfactor USA! I much prefer ours though, although I do love abit of Simon cowel! X

I've watched bits and pieces of it but not so much since the auditions ended. I have to say I am a MASSIVE Britney fan but watching her on it makes me extremely uncomfortable, I miss Britney circa 1999-2003. I don't know that I would enjoy the incessant crying as to me it always comes across as fake and I can't cope with it. The worst ever was that wee twit Rachel Crowe last year, I don't care if she's 10 or whatever...she was ANNOYING haha!

Omg I am in LOVE with Simon Cowell, Jess. Like I actually fancy the pants clean off him, I turn the life clean out of my friends lol!

I'll be spending the evening watching X factor and I'm a celeb too...oh the exciting life I live. Not minding staying in too much though as I'm trying to save funds as I don't know what work will be like after Christmas and I've just booked for a friend's hen do in May so there's 300 quid out the window just before Christmas eek! Exciting though :D

I must admit all the crying is getting a bit much for me an hour in. Everyone is so young on there too! I felt really bad for a 13 year old girl who just got voted off she was crying so much on stage. I love that Khloe Kardashian is a presenter, I think shes fab.

I have just worked out my syns for the day and realised I have 11.5 left meaning I can have a twirl tonight. Flipping excited!!! :drool:

I'm the same Jenna!! He's so fit haha! I thought I would be the only one cos loads of people think I'm crazy for it! I was so annoyed about the bottom 2 last week that I said I was never watching it again but I will be ha! Ohh I'm sure it will be worth the money Jenna! You'll have a fab time xx

I don't think Ella or James need to win to be a success. A bit of a naff act wins every year so they may as well leave the others too it!

Currently have mushy pea curry cooking away. Must say it doesn't look that appetizing! I am very sceptical.

Everyone in group and online have raved about it so I hoping it tastes better than it looks!

How you doing Fran?

Let me know how it is jade lol

Aimz another must have when your shopping is frylight!

Ooh good call on the frylight!

I'm ok jade thanks how are you?

Just been asked if I want cream cheese brownies (sound gross are AMAZING) or ameretto chocolate torte for Xmas. I have been told that I will be forced to relax at Christmas because I've done really well this year, which I get but I also don't want to blow all my effort. Humph.

I haven't seen xfactor or anything this year. I have kind of been watching strictly. In general Saturday night tv bugs me, but I do get to catch up on stuff I've recorded. It is peeing it down here, more flood warnings and I am glad we aren't near the river!

Not too bad thanks Fran. Feeling very positive today! I love strictly, but for some reason never watch the elimination show. I just love watching the dances.

I can report that mushy pea curry is really nice! Mine was less of a curry and more of a spicy stew but lovely nonetheless.

Tatabubly we all have days when we just wonder off plan, but the most important thing is getting back into it the next day. I am a slow loser and find it difficult especially as I go to class with a friend who can have 3-4 days off plan and still lose 3-4lbs a week. Leaves me just thinking, whats the point! If you are feeling the pressure try and take some off. Remove any dates you have in mind for certain goals and just take each week as it comes. I know its easier than said, but we are all here for you :)

Start afresh now hun. I'd write down how I feel now post falling off wagon, and how I felt pre- falling off the wagon and work out strategies to stop myself from detailing myself. Have you got a Christmas goal to focus on? That is helping me keep on track. I don't normally have date goals but it seems to have worked if made me a bit obsessive.

Just done a serial weigh, looks like I'm on track for a loss so fingers crossed I will keep it up. Green day today so I have a heb left for some hifi bar goodness, and i've only had 1 cup of tea out of my hea and no syns so might have a hot chocolate made with milk. Mmm. 2 syns for low syn day. :)

Back