20 somethings

We haven't had pork since I started SW because I love crackling so much and John doesn't eat it.

I've been in a real grazing mood for days - eating for the sake of eating. I haven't given into it too badly yet but that's thanks to 3 syn Alpen/Hi Fi Lights. I don't know what's up with me.

Anything to do with your monthlies? They make me hungry the week before. All picky and nibbley.

He won't eat crackling? Madness! I love it I might weigh some out and syn it if I want some tomorrow. I think fruit and yogurt for breakfast, roast pork dinner, then maybe tuna or egg and sw fake mayo open sandwiches for tea. Yum. Having higher syn day tomorrow so could have some chocolate too. *daydreams about food*

Evening (or morning?) ladies. Had a mixed day today -

When I came back from the hairdressers we decided to go price carpets for the house (expensive) and then sofas. Seen a really nice sofa and it was in the clearance (£100 off plus extra damage cover). Didn't want to buy the first thing we seen so went to another shop, decided we liked the first one but by the time we got back, someone else had bought it.

Then went to ikea and the tv cabinet/bookcase I fell in love with is too big for the livingroom. It clearly just isn't my day. I hate this house :(

Went to see my friend's husband's band tonight who were supporting a KISS tribute band who were actually really good. Nice to catch up as well.

Food wise I made a lovely syn free carbonara :)

Hey ! I Joined SW 2 Days ago online , but i havent started yet because i'm still so confused , Can Anyone give me like a sample day ? I'm realy regretting paying for the online one now instead of not going to a meeting , i need something to explain it all because i am so confused :( xx

Why don't you look at their 7 day meal planner and that'll give you a lot of ideas or read some of the food diaries on here?

Welcome to SW and minimins :)

Well done jenna love! No killing yourself though.

Clare I hate it when that happens. You will find something even more perfect. :)

Marilyn, I agree with following one of the plans online. For my first week I did one from the magazine. It is hard to explain/give someone a plan because everyone likes different things. Break down your meals into free foods (i'll base it on extra easy) lean meat, fish, potatoes, pasta, rice, beans and pulses, fat free natural yogurt and some flavoured yogurt, fat free fromage frais, fat free natural Greek yogurt, eggs, starch veg, e.g. peas. These take up 2/3rds of your plate. The other 1/3rd must be made up from "superfree" foods. You should have a list of these. All fruit fresh and frozen NOT JUICED, PUREED, DRIED, TONNES OR COOKED. And most veg, which can be fresh, frozen, tinned, cooked and pureed (e.g. your own homemade soup). You then have two healthy extra sections, a) calcium and b) fibre. Options for each have to be measured and the lists of each and quantities are online and in your pack. You get one choice from each section each day. The third component is something called "syns". This covers everything else not covered. Alcohol, chocolate, crisps, oils, fruit juice, butter, mayo etc etc etc. You can have 5-15 syns a day, everything has it's own syn value and you must measure and count these up.

That is basically it. If I've missed anything someone else will chip in. I don't know what the online membership provides so I'm not too sure what needs explaining. Today I'm have fruit and yogurt for breakfast, roast pork (fat removed) potatoes roasted in frylight, and loads of veg (carrots, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower etc) later on I may have an open sandwich made from 2 slices of wholemeal bread from a 400g loaf (healthy extra b) with egg, or tuna mixed with fat free fromage frais and salad. My healthy extra a will be used on 375ml of skimmed milk. If I am hungry between i tend to snack of fruit, cooked meats, pickles, beatroot, cherry tomatoes, mullerlight yogurts etc.

Im doing a sw fry up too yum x

Mmm fry up. I do wedges of onions with mine now too. Bloody lovely and increases the superfree.

I had fruit and yogurt, sounds dull but I haven't had it in a while. What's more sad is how much I am looking forward to my sandwiches later. Ha, I'm a loser.

Today it isn't pissing it down so I will be cleaning out the birds as soon as Nate is asleep. Poor mite fell and has a head bump. Then laundry as I couldn't get near the machine yesterday. No cooking for me today though. Woop. I was asked if I wanted to go for a walk this morning, looked outside, said "it's going to rain." "now it isnt!" It rained. Ha.

Morning all! I wrote a big reply last night and fell asleep before I sent it - I've only just woken up so I must have needed it!

Fran - I used to be quite a picker during my monthlies but Aunt Flo only left a week ago so it's a really odd time for me.

Marilyn - Check out the SW food diaries area of the forum. I go to group but I get lots of nice ideas there and it helps to see what people's staples are!

Clare - How gutting to lose the sofa :(. Sounds like you're doing well with plan though!

Jenna - Great news! Well done.

Time to make myself look presentable and get the ingredients for this casserole...

Morning everyone!

I have been so lazy today and only just woke up. I know I needed sleep, but not sure I need 12 hours haha.

Jenna well done on your loss!

Clare sounds like its one of those days for you. Nothing worse when you shop around and make a decision and then its gone.

My plan for today is to sort out my pig sty of a flat and do some batch cooking for the week. I am thinking superspeed soup, smash scones and some half syn cake. I might make pie for tea today. Seems the weather for it! Anyone made any good SW pies?

I made a batch of about 6/7 portions of curry yesterday so far they just have mushrooms and onions in them so when I want some I can add meat or veg of choice depending what day im doing, I bought 5kgs of onions yesterday as they are on offer this weekend in lidl for 99p so will be having lotsa onion over the next couple of weeks haha

We buy big sacks of onions and rice from the Indian supermarkets. They keep well but we use loads anyway.

Finished doing the birds... It took longer as a rat has fpund another way to get in so I have been trying to block it off. Pond+hedgerow and that's where my dad builds the place :( at least our house has stopped leaking... As soon as I got in the heavens opened. The rain's killed another person down here. Full of doom and gloom. On the plus side Nate is being quite lovely today (he is sleeping now), I am having roast pork in the next hour, I have been 100% so far with just 2 days let after today and my laptop is fixed and if we can get to exeter tomorrow without the use of a boat we'll be picking it up.

Emily is it hunger or thirst or boredom. I felt hungry a moment ago and realised I had 2 sips of tea and one sip of water. Half a pint down I feel a bit better!

Off to the cinema today to see twilight (sqwee!) will be a struggle to avoid the popcorn but I'll try!

Serial weighed this morning and I'm back to what I was last WI so only a day out from a STS - not too shabby!

If I can get passed the weekend that's half the battle!

Hi ladies, sorry I've been quiet this weekend, had a fantastic time at the wedding, thoroughly enjoyed dancing the night away with the OH, but was very naughty SW wise. I had planned to have a day off plan and am right back onto it today. Have just synned a PROPER bag of steak walkers ridged crisps and an apple for lunch, 7.5 syns and totally worth it. OHs mam is making Hairy Bikers sweet and sour, which I have synned at 4 syns I think. Anyone any idea officially?

This morning has been really exciting, been to view the house OH and I are moving into in the new year. Took mum to see it too, and she loved it! Looking around and there are a few small changes I want to make such as cushions and a rug etc, but nothing major, so shouldnt end up being too expensive in one go! Eek, I am soo excited, and cannot wait for us to have our own place. OHs brother owns the house but is moving away, and has made it clear that although the house is his in name, it will be completely our home and he is totally happy for us to make it our own by redecorating etc if we want, but to be honest I dont think we will need to.

Looking like it wont be until around March that we eventually move in, but that gives us plentyof time to get all of the little bits and bobs that we want! I cant stop thinking about how cosy its gonna be! xxx

Back