20 somethings

Aww Laura! Sounds brilliant!

Just bumped into a lady from group in the supermarket. :) She's one of the really lovely ones who started around the same time as me and has had similar weight losses. It was actually a really lovely boost to see her - comparing notes on how great carveries can be and feeling virtuous for ignoring Yorkshire puds and roasties!

Got all the ingredients in for tonight. I was hoping to make watercress soup for the week but our local is almost always out of it! Tesco do a lazy soup kit with prechopped veg so I've picked up a bag of that instead. I also stocked up on the Greek Mullers because they're on BOGOF again! It's meant I've dodged a few syns already by reaching for one of those instead of a Hi Fi Light.

Fran - I think it's boredom. I make up 1.5 litres of squash every day and make sure I drink at least that. I'm not hungry. It's just the early evening, in from work danger zone.

Ah love Greek mullers. I should take a photo and show you our fridge with the mullerlight stockpiles. Haha.

hi everyone!
Laura how exciting- sounds really lovely :)

fran those bloody rats! how are you keeping them out? poor quails, hope they are ok :(
I used to stockpile mullerlights but realised i would eat them just for the sake of it, and they are expensive compared to normal ff natural you which i think i actually prefer!

emily i often find i feel peckish then realise i havent drank all day, when i get really bad at remembering to drink i have an irritating ap on my phone that makes a water pouring noise every 90 mins or so to remind you to drink water and you can keep track of how many glasses youve had. quite handy but the noise does annoy me!

Had a nice day, we were invited to breakfast at mikes parents this morning it was a fry up and not v sw friendly, tried to be as good as poss cut the fat off the bacon etc , but when its all cooked for you you cant really complain can you? there was mushrooms and tomato (fried in oil) but i still filled most of my plate with them and the baked beans to cut down syns! it was very nice though and lovely to have a catch up with mikes family. making a syn free sw chicken curry this evening.
Currently making a photobook online for my brother and sister in laws late wedding present. got a selection of guests photos from the wedding and making a story of the day just like i did with my other brothers wedding and they loved it so hopefully it will go down well.
Catching up on the Robbie weekend on sky 1, love that man so much! Gutted I couldnt go to the gigs at the o2 but couldnt afford the prices! so steep :( he hinted during the gig on tv that he would be doing more in the summer so will make sure I have some savings ready!
hope everyone is having a good sunday xx

Right, pork braise is on and I'm doing my best to ignore the 400mls of cider that I didn't use!

Had a long bath while the OH watched the boring middle of the Grand Prix, finally watched the finale of 24 season 1! So behind the times. :D

That app sounds funny, Scarlett! I am quite bad at getting myself drinks which is why I've taken to just carrying 1.5l with me. My trouble is I don't really like plain water unless I'm in the gym or it's really really hot so I have to make sure I have low cal squash on hand at all times.

The photo book sounds great! I would love to have more photos of me and the OH but we tend to go out as just the two of us, so we either get individual photos or a camera-held-out Facebook type thing!

I love a good fry up. I was up too late today so my brunch was two Ryvita with grilled sliced tomato, basil and a Hex of mozzarella. It filled a hole!

Oh girls this pork braise smells divine. I still have 45mins to wait!

Just got back from a day at my parents' house. It was lovely. Best bit was taking Wee Chum to the big Tesco near their house to meet two of the Moshi Monsters! :D

The pork braise gets a huge thumbs up! It was very watery though so I'd probably do half the cooking time with the lid off in future. I did swap the celery out for leeks but it shouldn't have made it that wet!

I've attached a photo of before and then it on my OH's plate with his buttery mustard mash! I just had a bowl of it on its own because I'm on a red day. Very scrummy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121125_191200.png
    ForumRunner_20121125_191200.png
    380.1 KB · Views: 29
  • ForumRunner_20121125_191218.png
    ForumRunner_20121125_191218.png
    351.9 KB · Views: 26
Ooh, looks Yum. I thought about having a red day until someone said potato. Haha.

They got half a dozen the other day and injured one. This time they made a big enough hole to get the birds out so there was a big hole and a few feathers. :( and they injured another but she doesn't seem too bad. They managed to force up the chicken wire and then dig underneath. They were chirruping when I was cleaning them out. Once a preditor knows where animals are they will keep trying. They did try a couple of places I managed to block off, and I've worked at blocking off everything I could but it is just a waiting game. Thankfully they are at least 2 and they only really live until they are 3, it still sucks though.

That present sounds really lovely, I'm sure it'll go down well :)

Oh, and what's the app called, I will mention it at group it sounds really good.

After a good morning Nate has been a **** this afternoon so has spent time on the naughty stool incurring much wailing. Glad for bedtime!

It was really good Emily. Not sure why he called for lasagne cut into strips rather than tagliatelle (which would have been a million times easier!) and I chucked a load more veg in too. Another 100% day for me. Need to be careful I don't make a habit of it! :D

Sobbed my way through twilight btw, how uncool?!

Ooh hope it is Yum. I made mum a mocha using options but never seen an options mocha.

The fake mayo egg sandwich was not good, but the dog seemed to like it. Had a hea of cheese, the cucumber and grapes though.

Unfortunately they don't stop. Getting breeze blocks tomorrow I believe. The rain has led them to going after them, it happened in the spring with foxes after the chickens, but we could move them. Such is life. Thanks for the ap name. I drink loads but others at group say they don't drink enough

Well done Clare! Never mind back on the wagon you'll be driving it soon!

The crackling was 7 syns, not 6 but I have up to 8 left for today, just need to decide on what and if i do want anything.

I've just started reading the hunger games, heard so many good things, looking forward to getting stuck into them! Have ended up having all 15 syns in my hungover state today! Got a free day planned tomorrow, but will have a few syns at some point. Going to the gym after work too, praying I can still lose 1lb on weds after yesterday's booze!! Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Love the hunger games camz, you'll be hooked. I've fallen in love with reading all over again lately, 3 books last week and just spent an hour and a half in the bath with another. Kindle is a wonderful invention!

Oh Laura you will get addicted! I read the trilogy in under a week - I barely slept!

I haven't seen the latest Twilight - no one to go with :(. I promised the OH.I wouldn't subject him to it.

Catching up on lots of weeks of Strictly. In the doghouse with the OH for overloading his washing machine. He's literally spent the whole day on the sofa playing Playstation/watching the Grand Prix/catchup TV so I'm not paying him much heed!

I have had 2.5 syns today and I haven't used my second HexA - I was wondering what to have and realised that I don't really want anything. Nice to be in control!

I will have my fingers crossed for you Laura. A lot of us weigh on a wednesday don't we?

I need 1lb for that damned 4.5 stone award, or 2 to match my first 4 weeks losses (2.5, 3.5, holiday, 2.5 vs 2.5, 2.5, 1.5, ? )

I was going to get my dad the hunger games for Xmas, but then where I was going to get them from sold out, now toying with the idea of getting him the books from the shortlist of the booker prize. He obsessively reads, then stops, then obsessively reads again. Might still get the GF trilogy, i got a quite good offer come through, if postage is free I might get them

Emily well done. I'm not fancying using my syns on anything else either :/ very odd for me. I did have a week when I just didn't want any and I forced myself to have 5 a day to hit minimum, but I didn't lose very much that week still. A bit like giving the dog the rest of my sandwich: I wasn't enjoying it so why eat it just for the sake of it?

Aww Laura I'm sure you'll pull it back - plus, even if it's a little gain or a STS at least you know where it came from and it's not like you chucked yourself off the wagon!

I like being a Weds Weigher - it gives enough time either side of the weekend to get yourself back on track and I think I'd probably get a bit wobbly midweek otherwise!

You'll get really stuck into the hunger games Laura, they're really addictive. First books the best though the third one one gets a bit crazy!

Been good this week, hoping for a nice loss on Wednesday. If I don't get it I might shake things up with my food, been very samey. Might be a good idea even if I do lose well!

Back