20 somethings

Ooh everything crossed for you, Laura!

Desperately checking where the flooding's occurring in Somerset as the OH and I have a week away booked for March and we don't want our holiday rental to be affected. I can't get any of the Enviroment Agency maps to work on my silly work system though!

Good news for me - the bonus is all mine! We checked with the guy who signs them off and it is for all my work as project lead. It's a bit disappointing to see most of it disappear as tax but £200 this close to Christmas is so welcome.

Yay for the bonus Emily! That is fab!

I was cleaning upstairs when my dad got back and he laid them all!

The diet coke chicken is nice. I put off making it for ages because i don't like sweet savory stuff but it wasn't like that. I load mine up with heaps of superfree. Onion, garlic, courgette, aubergine, peppers, carrot, then chicken, about 8-10 tbsp passata and 400-500ml of diet coke, bubble for half an hour. Serve with rice. Debating putting in star aniese too.

Clare you are doing fab. I ate the biscuit Nate didn't want. 2 syns. Thankfully I didnt eat the whole pack.

I might give the diet coke chicken a go this week then. Unexpected night off college tomorrow 'cause I passed my assessment last week (that's the unexpected bit!) so will enjoy a wee night to myself.

Emily that's fab about the bonus - any amount is welcome at the moment.

Fran as you know, 2 syns is nothing. Thankfully the office has ran out of biscuits today so my melon medley actually looked quite appealing!

Congratulations on passing your assessment Clare!

I've mixed up my eating today and it's thrown me a bit, but I'm on 8 syns so far. I cancelled my graze boxes when I started SW but they offered me a free one in 10 weeks time to see if I still fancied them - that arrived on Friday so I had one of the little punnets. It's only 23g of croutons and mini breadsticks but it came to 6 syns! It was worth it though - nice to have something crunchy and savoury that isn't a Ryvita/Finn Crisp.

I'm feeling a bit bad for the other guy in my office who didn't get a special bonus. He plods along with all the non-snazzy day to day work and does a really good job of it. I feel like he deserves a bit of extra cash too.

Ah well done for passing. What are you going to do with your free evening?

Oh I know, just a sneaky munch. Got a second heb after tea I will be using of hifi bars *scoff* then another couple if syns left for today. Low syn today, high syn tomorrow then I find out if it did any good Wednesday. I haven't been serial weighing anywhere near as much as usual this week which feels kinda good. My scales are utterly random anyway!

Laura, yay if you get to go home.

I won't lie it has been awful down here, but it should be all clear by march. She says as it starts raining again! My brother sent a photo of near him in exeter, so thankful I always live half way up a hill

Sucks for the other guy Emily :( I always quite fancied those graze boxes but I'm quite fussy so it'd just be a waste of most things. I love croutons though. I have been known to eat a whole bag as a snack :D

Not sure what to do with my night off fran, could do with studying for my other course but I'll prob watch teen mom instead :D

Does anyone know the syns in a WW petit pain if not used as a HexB?

If it's a HexB on its own then it'll be 6 syns.

I know what you mean about croutons - somewhere does gorgeous olive oil, garlic and rosemary ones and I've happily munched a whole bag. I dread to think what the syns would have been!

I'm so bad, I like using my syns on something I really want, or rather, something that is bad for me, than something healthy. Bit wrong really.. oh well!

Boo to more work on your free night. When nate is down I will have to cook tomorrowc's tea so it just needs heating when we get back. Mum's suggested a full flabbers in the morning, which no doubt I will be cooking for everyone too, she did make Nate a jam toast house this morning though while I was making fruit salad for us both. He loved it! New word today was "boat" how utterly random!

My cable needle has been dispatched, so just waiting on the wool. Nearly finished my second sleeve, then I have to sew it all together, pick up the stitches round the neck to make a collar. I'll be bringing out the handknitted decorations soon! Just Xmas letters in green and white fair isle backed onto red felt and nate's stocking.

What are you knitting Fran?

Ah rubbish day today. You know one of those days were everything just goes wrong? Topped off by having to go to THREE supermarkets to get batchelors savoury rice for tea but none of them having it. I have had to settle for the Uncle Bens microwavable ones which are syns :( The celebrations came out at work today which cost me 12 syns (why can't I just say no!!) and then I went to a client meeting with drinks and nibbles and nibbled on some crisp. Rubbish. Considering my mini binge last night I need to have a quiet word with myself and reign it in.

Currently sulking in bed until my boyfriend comes home from the gym (where I should probably be but I am in no mood for that!)

Sorry for my rant. Just needed to get it out :ashamed0005:

Hope all is well with you lot x

Having a kind of meh day.. Had a nice wee snack after my tea today. My bridesmaid dress has to be taken out again :-(

I know weight loss is a slow process but sometimes it really bugs me.. I suppose it didn't take me a day to get here!

Have been thinking since i'm helping a student out with their enterprise project that i would make a great business manager! Bit different from being a scientist!!

Feel better soon Kings, I blame the weather!! Am having to WI tomorrow instead of weds this week as I have a late meeting on Weds, which means weighing in a day earlier after a proper high syn day on sat, but we will see, I'm sure it will be fine as I have stuck to it religiously at all other times! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jade no need to apologize for a rant, we all do it. You did better than I would have done with the celebrations! I have to have one of each for balance.... And then another one if each of my favourites because they are my favourite...and oh look half the tin has gone. Ha, it is no wonder I am this size! Try to look at the positives of this week, not just sw positives, it will help. I do it when I'm down on myself.

Good luck for tomorrow Laura, hope you don't defect from Wednesday's perminantly. :)

Aww Tata that sucks :( don't let today's disappointment undo all your hard work hun. I know it's likely to take me over 2 years to lose this weight but I've been too big all my life so of course it will take time. :) hmm business vs science. Bit different!

This week and next week I'm tues Fran hun, then back to weds xxx

I only stopped at 6 as I left the office haha! I like to try each one too. Boxes of chocolates are my downfall as once they are open I can't stop thinking about them. I have calmed down a after a rant and a diet coke. Thanks for listening/reading :)

Good luck on your WI Camz, fingers crossed for you.

Tata, I know how you feel but time and pressure gets results. Like you said you didn't get here overnight and nothing worth having comes easy ;) Cliche central

I've maxed out on syns today. I've got a dodgy tum but I don't think I've eaten enough bulk because I've been on red days so I've resorted to fibre tablets.

The OH is sitting here with an Indian takeaway. :( He's got tandoori chicken, onion bhajis, lamb passanda, korai chicken, pilau rice AND a garlic naan ALL to himself! His excuse is that he's going to eat it for his lunches. It's more than we'd order for two!

In a funny mood tonight. I think it's because the scales aren't really shifting and I'm pretty sure it's down to my insides not being right. Might do a green day tomorrow.

Ladies I think I'm going mad, I'm not even hungry but am eating an apple as tea was lacking superfree! Xxx

evening all! had a good work day but a rubbish sw day! my boss asked me to make cakes while the boys were at school (would have made more sense to do it with them but hey ho!) so me being me I just HAD to sample one :( then another when the boys had one after tea! :cry:had a high syn saturday so doubt ill be losing this week! back to planning and tking snacks for next 2 days, might scrape a sts!

laura i often have an apple after tea whether im hungry or not (eating one right now actually!) find its just sweet enough to stave off the chocolate monster within!

emily think id slap him! meany! hope tum feels better soon x
jade even though it was cos you left, well done for not taking a handful with you....of course ive never done that! :whistle:

fran how cute nate now says boat! he's not silly, hes seen all the rain and worked out it will be needed soon! your knitting makes me want to get back into crocheting but i have no one to make stuff for..my last 4 projects have been baby blankets, 3 for friends babies and one for my nephew. might just make myself a blanket for the sofa!

clare- im just the same with croutons, love love love love LOVE them!! might have to improvise with some wholemeal bread cubed and frylight!

oh and the mocha options is AMAZING! wish i'd picked up more than 2 now! it says they are limited edition so will have to stock up :)

Back