20 somethings

Well done to those who've lost! My WI is on Friday morning. Not looking forward to it 'cause I've been eating non-stop. :/

Well done everyone! Acing it this week :)

Hopefully I can follow suit tomorrow despite being over my weekly syn limit (eek!) x

Thanks everyone. I was runner up for SOTM too! My consultant said she could really see the difference today when I was weighing.

I am feeling a bit more positive but I've realised I'm out for dinner two nights in a row. Tomorrow I'm at my dad's for dinner so I don't get much say in the food and on Friday I don't know how healthy I can make it! At least I'll have the rest of the week to pull it back.

Harley & Jade I'm sure you'll be fine - a few syns over won't kill you :)

Emily just try your best with dinners, not much you can do so just enjoy it!

Had Nando's chicken with rice, salsa, cheese and corn on the cob for dinner. Was yummy. Joe's moaning that it wasn't enough but he's kidding himself!

Well done emily x

Harley I wi friday morning too, dreading it now after this mornings disappointment although weighed when I got in from work aswell (getting a bit obsessive now) and id gone down a lb so hopefully on friday I can get a loss even if its not as good as that 2.5lb that was showing on midweek wi

Christie, try dialing back the serial weighing a little bit. I can't completely cut back but i have cut down, and i seem to lose better when i do. my home scales are utterly random though! I'm sure you will do well come friday

Harley, my mother is telling everyone who will listen that i don't stop eating so you never know!

Jade, so long as it isn't a habit to go over weekly syns you can still get a good loss :) sometimes better than usual.

Clare, I won't lie, I spent about 2 full minutes staring at pringles (S&V) in tesco today... I must have looked mad!

Jenna so proud of you, pulling it back before the end of the week. so many take one bad day to have a bad week so you should be really proud. Oh and I am on my newly fixed laptop to go hunt out the new sticker for my sig and thought of you (hoping you wouldn't tell me off again :p )

evening girls x
about to go to bed but really missing my chatter on here in the day! hopefully I can send my phone away for repair (or even better replacement as its old and rubbish!) by the end of the week then i get get back to dropping in during the day!
well done all the losers, dont feel bad to those who've gone over, if its any consolation I have too and not looking forward to tomorrows weigh in :( no way I'll get a loss especially after my flukey loss last week! can't get away with it two weeks in a row! I start the day so well, but as soon as I've had lunch that pesky sweet tooth monster takes over and I end up going over syns :( dont know what possessed me today after such a good start but ended up scoffing a mince pie, before looking at the label. horrified that it was 238 calories so thats 12.5 syns just for that and I'd already had a 5.5syn cupcake. a few other bits and the total today is 27 :( why do I do it?!

It is just too tempting when you think "ooh, a christmas treat" and suddenly the syns don't really count because it is a christmas thing. that's what happens with me, again in tesco i was staring at the xmas chocolate treats while in the queue. i thankfully resisted but the woman in front didn't. we even chatted about it!

Scarlet, it is a bit extreme for some people but i just save my syns for the evening now because if i have something nommy during the day i crave more all day. it's too hard for me to cope with so i just think "hmm, i can have this for treats tonight" and i'm fine to wait until then. i hope WI is kind to you tomorrow.

I know what you mean about the sweet tooth taking over, Scarlett! I think that might be what's been making me so picky - I've been having a Hi Fi bar at lunch and that makes me want more! I might go back to only having them in the evening.

With that said, I'm not doing too badly today. One Hi Fi Light and an Options with my milk allowance so 5 syns.

It is just too tempting when you think "ooh, a christmas treat" and suddenly the syns don't really count because it is a christmas thing. that's what happens with me, again in tesco i was staring at the xmas chocolate treats while in the queue. i thankfully resisted but the woman in front didn't. we even chatted about it!

Scarlet, it is a bit extreme for some people but i just save my syns for the evening now because if i have something nommy during the day i crave more all day. it's too hard for me to cope with so i just think "hmm, i can have this for treats tonight" and i'm fine to wait until then. i hope WI is kind to you tomorrow.

I try to do the same now too Fran, didn't have any syns until I got home today, used 5.5 on a fair amount of chorizo, and 2 (I think??) on about 3/4 of a tbsp of Philly light, and I might have an options for 2 syns (not sure I can be arsed to stay up that long after I've done my hair/work for tomorrow though!) Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I only weigh midweek any other time so not that bad yet, jumped on this morning to check my water % amounts and stuff but it weighs first so I caught a glimpse, I may even cut out midweek wi aswell as its not really necessary and alot of the time I dont even do that

I've just written on my food diary that I am going to challenge myself not to WI at all at home this week, as its getting a bit silly how often I step on the scales nowadays!

Please keep me right ladies, I'm planning on being extra good this week and hopefully getting a nice surprise at WI on tues!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ladies a gain this week.. :-(

Not having a great week. Mums wedding is on saturday and the dressmaker has fecked up my dress. I look like a whale in it. She stitched it wrong and the back of the dress is ruined.

I know I got myself here.. But the realisation is awful. I thought i could do this but i can't and i feel like an awful failure. I shouldn't feel like this. I should be young and happy but i'm not.

Well i won't have internet at the weekend so ladies congrats on the losses.. I think this thread is the only thing doing it for me.

Dont beat yourself up hun you will look beautiful at the wedding regardless of size or shape and you will be with family that wouldnt care wether you turned up in a black bag, enjoy yourself and make the most of the special occasion!

I have to agree with christie, the important thing is celebrating your mum getting married. having a day with your family means more than a dress.

I think maybe you put too much pressure on yourself to be a certain size by the wedding which made you go the other way. I do that with everything. If I feel under pressure to get something done I end up sat on the floor looking at random crap or even doing nothing at all because it is too much. Maybe treating after the wedding as a fresh start would help? You are not a failure though hun. We all slip up and flounder, but if you can get up the next day and give another bash at it you haven't failed yet!

And there is no "should", you feel how you feel. My mum and her friends (fellow slimming worlders... imagine a 50 somethings+ thread... it is pretty damned similar to our 20 somethings thread!) were talking about "shoulds" and other people's lives seeming perfect to other people, but really everyone has problems, and often similar ones.

Take care and have a lovely weekend tata :)

Good morning everyone! It's freezing out there today, hands are so cold. Need to get better gloves.

Has anyone made a nice slimming world curry? I've seen lots of recipes on the recipe forum but wondering if you ladies have got any recommendations?

Tata - I was a bridesmaid for a schoolfriend and I'd gained a stone by the time we got to the wedding just through pressure I was putting on myself because I was the biggest bridesmaid. I went to get the dress taken up just before the wedding and the seamstress just looked aghast and said "You can barely get it on!" I was mortified. They ended up unpicking all the lining and taking it out, so it fitted but it lost all the flattering shape and made me look like I was wearing a tent. I was heartbroken and so embarrassed and ashamed. They did such a bad job that the stitching started coming undone on the morning of the wedding!

In the end though, no one cared. I bought a lovely sequined shrug to cover my arms (my least favourite bit on show) and just set out to be the model bridesmaid. I fussed over the bride, made sure she was happy, got her drinks and canapes while she was having the photos done. I got no funny looks, no nasty whispers, and at the end of the day the bride gave me a thank you goodie bag with lots more than any of the others and a really lovely message in the card.

It's not as bad as you think. Everyone cares most about how your mum is going to look! You just have to go out there with your head up and a smile on and be the best daughter you can be! I bet you look fab. I'll see if I can find a photo of me in my ruined dress...

Back