20 somethings

Morning all haven't been posting but have been reading. Feeling very stressed with work for some reason. Counting down to hols. Get that nervous feeling in my stomach each morning, don't know why. The nursery nurse I work with is sick and I've got a supply today and yesterday. She was good yesterday, I just hate having a supply makes the day a million times harder no matter how great they are.

Sorry for the moan !

Lost it a bit yesterday with syns, just wasn't really paying attention to what I was having. It wasn't too bad, just don't think I kept proper track so not sure exactly what I had, need to be more careful today!

morning all!

Fran- the gifts for Nate sound lovely, sure he will love making lots of mess with those! haha, half the fun :)

emily- you sound like you are having a bit of a rough time at the moment, at least its only a few more days and you get a little holiday (still v.v jealous btw...lol) hope your OH can switch back to the original plan, they are sneaky like that and do "offers" that at first make it sound like you're saving when in the end you pay more- so naughty they should be stopped!

teehee vagisil! totally christie and have you noticed it always seems to take longer to scan through the things you wouldn't necessarily want others seeing you buy! I got some stuff from the chemist that was a bit eyebrow raising not long ago and no joke the woman had to scan it 6 times! i kept putting it in my bag and she kept saying- sorry just need it once more it didnt work again! sure she did it on purpose- i heard the beep! bet she deleted it each time to try and shame me lol

ciara sorry to hear you are stressed at the mo- hope it gets better soon! I always found the same with cover staff. even if they are fantastic with the children they dont know them well enough to complete their paperwork so they end up playing and doing the fun stuff while you're stuck pen pushing all day.
try not to worry about syns yesterday, just start fresh today xx

Well yesterday was nice but boys were so overtired from the weekend they both were flitting between massive hyperactivity/naughtiness and grumpy whinging. was not fun! I had them bathed and in pjs by 6 when their dad got home ready for a much needed early night but i can guarantee they still weren't in bed before half 8 as they were both exactly the same this morning! did manage to get them to sit still to write letters to santa which helped occupy them for 15 mins so will stay on the christmas theme tonight I think as we didn't get time to make any decorations last night. At least if they are doing an activity they aren't running round wrecking the house for the sake of it.

its my little (6ft2) brothers 21st today so off to see him later with his card full of teabags :) he got a card through the other day from yorkshire tea with a teabag in it and joked on facebook how it was the best present he ever had so his card from us now has about 10 teabags in hehe :)

teehee vagisil! totally christie and have you noticed it always seems to take longer to scan through the things you wouldn't necessarily want others seeing you buy! I got some stuff from the chemist that was a bit eyebrow raising not long ago and no joke the woman had to scan it 6 times! i kept putting it in my bag and she kept saying- sorry just need it once more it didnt work again! sure she did it on purpose- i heard the beep! bet she deleted it each time to try and shame me lol

Haha you can just imagine them shouting out to someone 'can you get me a price for the vagisil please its not scanning through' then turning round to the queue of people saying 'sorry for the wait, the vagisil doesnt seem to wanna go through' hmm and men complain about buying condoms, id rather buy them than get the disapproving look when you buy a pregnancy test, because your young so clearly must be an accidental pregnancy :/ lol

Hi :) I'm 25 and started SW last Thursday after putting on 2st after my wedding - I was told I'd become 'content' but didn't believe them, ah well!

...and I've never had to buy vagisil or anusol or anything else embarrassing but if I needed it, I'd get the hubby to buy it!

Hi everyone, well I went to bed at 9.30 last night and slept until 5.15am, then back to sleep for another hour! Hoping its just what I needed, but am starting to wilt this afternoon, leaving work at 4pm tonight, home by 5, thinking I may even have a little nap on the couch, this cold is hammering me!!

WI tonight and I'm genuinely quite looking forward to it! I've been really good this week (apart from my flexi synned day, but I accounted for that!) would so love (dare I say it!?) 2.5 to get me my 2 stone award, but I think 1.5 is more likely! Good luck to anyone else weighing in today/tonight xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

haha welcome heidiseeky! love the name! :) we dont always talk about vagisil in here...its normally poo to be fair lol! dont be scared away though we are lovely really :) good luck with sw! xx

christie luckily there were only a few others in there but my god she was faffing about! i was half expecting her to start calling to a colleague to come and help her or something! it wasnt vagisil id just like to add though... haha!

laura cant believe you're still ill! you poor thing! :( i'll second frans suggestion the campfire stew is yummy! hold on ill find it and post it here....*searches for mag..*

campfire stew with mustard mash (i would personally not do the mustard mash next time- didnt like it!)
serves 4

the mash was basically potato, 200g fat free fromage frays and 1tsp mustard powder- make mash and mix it all together- voila! lol

8 pack of be good to yourself ex lean cumberland sausages, each cut int 3 pieces
400g back bacon fat removed, chopped into small pieces
2 orange peppers deseeded and roughly chopped
1 large onion thinly sliced
3 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
2 410g cans of baked beans
6 tbsp tomato puree
chopped basil, to garnish

Using a casserole dish or large saucepan sprayed with frylight, stir fry the sausages, bacon, peppers and onion for 5-6 mins until sausages and bacon are cooked and onions and pepers softened.
Add the garlic, paprika and chilli and stir fry for 1-2 mins, Add the beans and tomato puree and bring to the boil.
Reduce the heat and simmer for 6-8 mins then season and serve.

1 syn each serving on ee (allowing 2 sausages per person)

and its yummy!!

christie luckily there were only a few others in there but my god she was faffing about! i was half expecting her to start calling to a colleague to come and help her or something! it wasnt vagisil id just like to add though... haha!

Haha useless, wasnt in birmingham was it lol ive been out shopping today and I must say that birmingham has the grumpiest and most useless till staff ever! It doesnt kill to smile or be polite!

Welcome heidi x

That campfire stew sounds yummy, will have to copy the recipe to try another time, maybe after xmas when I have all my nice new appliances hehe im having the cooks professional 800w food processor from my mum, ive got my OH to say I want casserole dishes from my OHs brother lol gave my sister a list which includes hand whisk, hand blender etc.. So will have to see what she gets and my mums friend who has only known me and OH for a few weeks loves us and hes buying us the slow cooker I want :) so will be making lots of nice things after xmas

Now who can I get to buy me an airfryer :/ lol

Just back from WI..STS..have to say, not impressed! X

One of the parents from my class last year comes to pick up a child I have this year, she asked me if everything was ok as I had lost weight, which was very nice of her to ask but didn't really know what to say haha. I told her everything was ok but thanks for being concerned !

Well ladies back from WI...and I lost 3lbs!!! I am so unbelievably happy!! Got my 2 stone award AND slimmer of the week!!! Have not weighed 11st 8.5 since around 2nd year Uni I don't think!! Here's to the 10s when Xmas is done!!! X

Oh Fran I am so with you! I had my second Christmas meal today and was really good - duck with skin removed with roasted root veg, spinach and raw plum - no dinner tonight and I'm 1lb up at least from last week. I'm on the senna and hoping that will sort me out because I definitely don't deserve it!

Amazing loss, Laura! How fabulous!

Been baking tonight for work cake sale tomorrow. I've made cinnamon buns and thought I'd make some stained glass window biscuits while I waited for the dough to prove - but now I prefer the biscuits! The OH has tasted both and given them his seal of approval.

Bed time. WI tomorrow and not feeling good about it. :(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121211_230436.png
    ForumRunner_20121211_230436.png
    449.7 KB · Views: 17
Back