20 somethings

Oh Christie that's awful. I hope they have some answers soon. It makes it worse not knowing.

Jenna I lolled at your hangover. Glad you had a good time, bar vomiting. Shall I really annoy you all and say I've never had a ha hangover. I have been sick (twice, both times with the same person go figure!) I get it from mum. She has had one ever and she can put it away believe me! It just sucks alcohol is so synful :( boo.

I did a big clean of the kichen today which was good. Then Nate and I baked Christmas biscuits. which we will decorate tomorrow. We have stars, snowflakes and circles to be made into baubles or Xmas puddings. Going to thread red ribbon through and give some to our postie :) and we still have the other half of the dough in the fridge so we can make more :) I will be attempting the meringue stars for flab club alone though. Meringue and toddlers isn't the best combo! He loved stamping the shapes and stirring it into a dough, and poking and sifting. Haha. He didnt like waiting for mummy to do the bits he can't do. So we had a Christmasy day too scarlet :)

Tea was Yum but I had far too much, so having the spare dinner tomorrow for lunch :D

sounds like a lovely day fran! I want to come and live with you! lol. I love baking but as mike doesnt like sweet things, so whatever i make, its only me that will eat it so i tend to avoid it altogether unless i want to gain at weigh in! going to relax after this week weigh in, whether i get to my stone or not. got lots planned over christmas and don't want to be missing out, or not having what i want cos im worried about a gain.

ive also decided that xmas eve i am going to wear the exact same dress i wore out last christmas eve. It was new for that night and i was so excited to wear it, but when i put it on i felt so horrible in it i went out in tears and had to buy hold me in spanx from my boobs to my knees. felt awful and uncomfortable all night and went home early. this year i will be wearing it with pride i hope! its supposed to be quite loose fitting but will be actually loose this year unlike last year!

hope you feel better jenna! hangovers are the worst! bit jel of fran not ever having had one!

Last edited:
Ooh great idea for the dress. I bought my Xmas day outfit a few weeks ago. Not tried it on since but I am looking forward to getting a photo in it and comparing it to last years Xmas photos! I hope we get to see a photo if you. I bet you'll look lovely!

We have a similar situation here with baking, I've been asked to make my fig, red wine and honey cake for Xmas for everyone though. My nieces and Nate will eat the biscuits, as will the postie, Heehee.

Hi both,

Thank you! How do you find the plan for yourselves? I prefer it over WW already :) xx

Hi both,

Thank you! How do you find the plan for yourselves? I prefer it over WW already :) xx

Hi mrsKA! Welcome!
I was an utter WW advocate for years, never thought anything else would work, went to Uni, gained 4 stone, and 4 months in I'm 2 stone (out of 5) down already! Am finding myself relaxing a little over the Xmas period, or planning to anyway! Hoping I can keep the gain under 3 or 4lbs, but if not its not the end of the world, in January I wanna make a good start at getting the last 3 stone off!!

Ladies, I've had a breakthrough!! This weekend for the first time in forever, I feel THINNER!! I'd even go as far as to day I feel a bit slim!!! And I love it!! Wish I could bottle this feeling!!! I ordered a size 14 top from river island last week and when it came on thurs it was enormous!!!!!! And at the weekend my friends kept telling me how slim I look and how well I'm doing! And now I've put the pics from my night out on Facebook and LOADS of people have commented saying how great I look! I know it's all a bit vain but I'm so chuffed!!!

Hope you've all had a great weekend, 5 more days then I'm off for 16!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi mrsKA! Welcome!
I was an utter WW advocate for years, never thought anything else would work, went to Uni, gained 4 stone, and 4 months in I'm 2 stone (out of 5) down already! Am finding myself relaxing a little over the Xmas period, or planning to anyway! Hoping I can keep the gain under 3 or 4lbs, but if not its not the end of the world, in January I wanna make a good start at getting the last 3 stone off!!

Ladies, I've had a breakthrough!! This weekend for the first time in forever, I feel THINNER!! I'd even go as far as to day I feel a bit slim!!! And I love it!! Wish I could bottle this feeling!!! I ordered a size 14 top from river island last week and when it came on thurs it was enormous!!!!!! And at the weekend my friends kept telling me how slim I look and how well I'm doing! And now I've put the pics from my night out on Facebook and LOADS of people have commented saying how great I look! I know it's all a bit vain but I'm so chuffed!!!

Thank you :)!
Thats amazing news, were all allowed to be vain lol, i cant wait to feel like that but for now im keeping my goals small, im aiming for a 7lb loss and then i'll make a new goal. Regarding Christmas, well im not going to hold back on the actual day but that'd be it for me, straight back to it on boxing day!

River Island sizes are small to size too so go you well done!!xx

YAY Laura, that's fabulous. I feel enormous this week. We must have done a feeling swap. Great news about the top too!

MrsKA, I've never done another diet so I wouldn't be able to compare it, but mostly it's fine, I've just done a few swaps, like frylight instead of oil, making sure a whole 1/3rd of my plate is superfree, and cutting down on crap (crisps, biscuits, cake, chocolate). It was really the extra crap that was piling on the weight (buttered toast didn't help either! haha). I seem to eat more now, which is fun. :) Waiting for my 1 year anniversary. hehe.

Welcome mrsKA x

Hi mrsKA! Welcome!

Aw Laura that's great! Hope that feeling stays. You've done so so. well so you should feel amazing xxx

Thanks lovely :) and so the countdown begins to the holidays - 4 more Getty ups til we're off work!!! Xxx

Thanks lovely :) and so the countdown begins to the holidays - 4 more Getty ups til we're off work!!! Xxx

Don't want to rub it in but.....I'm finished Wednesday! Can't wait and ill be flyin home Wednesday evening too :)

Ooh lucky you ciara.

I'm finally dying my hair as soon as Nate has his nap. Just brown but I avoid doing it because for it to be the right colour it has to be darker than I like for about a week. But it should be all good for Xmas. :) this afternoon little man and I are posting cards before tomorrow's cut off date. So a nice wee walk for us :) and tomorrow he gets to meet father Christmas! If he behaves that is ;) might to biscuit decorating after posting the cards. Our post office is also the village shop and the petrol station, so if you want something utterly random, like blue food colouring, you can get it there :)

How is everyone else? Any nice plans for today?

Nate found part of an unwrapped Christmas present (waiting for two more bits to wrap it all together) and he wanders into the lounge going "oooh" carrying them. Haha, so i think they'll be a hit. They are just sponge shapes for painting. It was funny and cute, especially as he prefers to play with non-toys, books and the toys I got at the tip for 50p. I love the tip, I have an amazing 1950s coffee table from there for £2! Dad tries to go to the tip without mum or I because we tend to buy stuff there. Haha, drives him mad.

Off to do the rest of my xmas shopping today just 5 things left I think as ive bought most online and just waiting for deliveries

Pretty much, its mostly fillers as ive set a certain amount by for each person and so ive bought main presents will just fill up to the amount with thier fave chocs or aftershaves or whatever, only have to buy main presents for my youngest niece and my dad (hes the hardest)

Back