20 somethings

It will be! Ben's a grand prix nut and jack loves it every time it's on too. I don't mind it on the tv but I prefer it in real life, much more exciting! So looking forward to it! Our passes also include access on the Thursday to get autographs from the drivers! :) xx

Thanks Jo, you wee stranger. How are you?

Sammy, that sounds fab, I did a semester of Italian at uni as I had a free choice, it was really fun. If you know your Latin roots you will do well :) I will ask my mum how easy it is to find in shops, pretty sure she went when gluten free.

I couldn't finish dinner. I don't feeling this crappy before sw but I must have done. Mum keeps laughing at me being excited and relieved to be back on plan. I have crammed all my naughtiness into one week... Never again... Until next year!

The downside to my friend trying sw again - constant questions. I have motherhood and medical ones from another friend too. She cried because she gave her daughter a honey glazed parsnip. She was hysterical. "so I don't need to ring bhai direct then?" On Xmas day. bless her. I think I'm in for a busy January!!!

Aww thanks hunny, if your mum has any idea that would be great.

Your poor friend! She must have been very frightened :( Is her daughter under one then? You only have to wait till after 1 for honey don't you, because of the risk of infant botulism? It's a good job she had you to calm her down. Your friends obviously have high regards for your knowledge on these things, so that's nice :) xx

yeah, she's fine. I pointed out that if there was botulism in it they would all feel ill by that point and that these things happen. Nate had tasted something with nuts in before I realised. He was fine with it, I just kept an eye on him for any wheezing or swelling, there was no need to panic and become hysterical though. She's got a lot of anxiety round her daughter, she needs proper help with it, for the time being I just calm her down. Her health visitor suggested some help for it before. Not sure how she'll cope with going back to work, which is concerning. I think my friends just know I call a spade a spade. Honey is one, nuts is three, alcohol is 18 but Nate still stuck his tongue in my bucks fizz on Christmas morning. Haha.

I spoke to mum, she said that in practice even the restaurants in Rome weren't that hot on having gluten free stuff, but she didn't look in the supermarkets for it because they were in a hotel. She often had risotto, but they were only away for a few days. I suppose you could pack some GF pasta with you.

Aw I was doing so well ladies then I had one biscuit too many, on about 20 syns now. Much improvement from the last few day but tomorrow will have to be better!

Thanks Fran. I plan on taking some bread and pasta with me and risotto is a great idea for when i'm out :) I haven't given Jack nuts yet, I know it's meant to be 3 but i've been told that if there's no history of nut allergies in the family that it's ok to give them a taste of something with nuts in, but not whole nuts because of the choking hazard. Your poor friend, it must be awful to have so much anxiety about her little one and it wont be good for her going back to work at all if she's like that as the little one will pick up on her feelings. I'm pretty laid back around Jack and plan to stay that way. I'm not particularly excited to be going back to work, but I know he will be ok with whoever he's with so I just enjoy the time I have left at home with him now (just under 4 weeks!). xx

Thanks Jo, you wee stranger. How are you?

Sammy, that sounds fab, I did a semester of Italian at uni as I had a free choice, it was really fun. If you know your Latin roots you will do well :) I will ask my mum how easy it is to find in shops, pretty sure she went when gluten free.

I couldn't finish dinner. I don't feeling this crappy before sw but I must have done. Mum keeps laughing at me being excited and relieved to be back on plan. I have crammed all my naughtiness into one week... Never again... Until next year!

The downside to my friend trying sw again - constant questions. I have motherhood and medical ones from another friend too. She cried because she gave her daughter a honey glazed parsnip. She was hysterical. "so I don't need to ring bhai direct then?" On Xmas day. bless her. I think I'm in for a busy January!!!

I know I did go majorly AWOL fran. Lost my dieting head altogether and had an awful lot of family stuff going on which has settled down but still ongoing plus trying To hold down a full time job lol! Anyhoos back at sw next week once all the crap has gone feel humongous at the mo! X

That's a good way to be Sammy. Nate's still funny about strangers. He's always had everyone fussing over him so it is a bit much. He was a good boy giving his uncle hugs today. He's not seen him in ages.

Jo, glad it has settled down now. Family stuff is always stressful. How come you're back on SW, you stopped WW now?

Ciara don't worry I've had my birthday blow out and I feel sick sick sick sick. Seriously I just wish my tummy was empty. Won't want anything at all for a long time now.

Just planned my next week, need to get a few bits and pieces, Tried to make it interesting for mum and dad, but honestly all I want is salad I feel so GROSS inside. yuck yuck yuck.

Im feeling very silly and also annoyed!! :( When i'm off work it gets my days all muddled up. I was all geared up to go to class and get weighed (Im normally a tuesday, changed to thurs over xmas and new year) then i realised.....%^&$ it's Friday today!!! So yup, missed it. Can't really get to any others so I'll just have to go next Thursday, pay twice and be new book-less at the end of it. My own silly fault!

That's a good way to be Sammy. Nate's still funny about strangers. He's always had everyone fussing over him so it is a bit much. He was a good boy giving his uncle hugs today. He's not seen him in ages.

Jo, glad it has settled down now. Family stuff is always stressful. How come you're back on SW, you stopped WW now?

Ciara don't worry I've had my birthday blow out and I feel sick sick sick sick. Seriously I just wish my tummy was empty. Won't want anything at all for a long time now.

Just planned my next week, need to get a few bits and pieces, Tried to make it interesting for mum and dad, but honestly all I want is salad I feel so GROSS inside. yuck yuck yuck.

Yeah back to sw didn't like my sw group or my leader missed my sw group and leader as daft as that sounds. Also i lost more with sw although that could have been my own head space just feels right oh and also somebody at work has just retuned from mat leave and she's a consultant, 2 other colleagues are also joining in the new year so will be like our own group at work lol!

I know what u mean about salad hating feeling full now although still can seem to stop eating the rubbish need it gone! X

Hi girls, this time of year is messing with my head! I'm currently laying in bed trying to decide which of the 7 different cheeses I have in my fridge I fancy for breakfast! Back to work will be def back on plan although I'm still only 2lbs up. I'm eating wrong stuff but only little bits of it so its balancing out somehow!
How is everyone? My phone is being weird and I can't see any posts at all...pretty sure I'm not the first poster in 20somethings and I havent dreamt up conversations in here but my phone and my cheese brain are making me doubt myself!

ok i'm still AWOL haven't got over morning sickness yet so still not back on slimmingworld but thought i would check in with everyone. I lost a pound but have regained it but seen as i'm now 14 weeks pregnant and am still 3lb under my start weight for pregnancy i'm doing well. my pregnancy ticker is out by 2 days according to my scan i am 13 weeks 6 days but i can't be bothered to change it, here is bean at 12 weeks + 2 days hope you are all well.

bean 12+2.jpg

Aw sorry to hear you are suffering from morning sickness still. Lovely scan :) Look after yourself

Scarlett, all I have to say is mmmmmmmmm cheese

Hey ladies, long time no chat. Was miraculously off plan at Christmas,and am SO glad to be back 100% on it today, I would've been on it yday but I was horrifically hungover. I don't know how I used to eat the way I did because I have felt SO sick and bloated due to it. Official weigh in tomorrow so will know my official gain...I reckon 5lbs but it could be more!

Hope you had a nice birthday, Fran, sorry I missed it!

The scan picture is class...it's so weird that there's a baby inside you lol (I totally can't get my head round it haha)

yeah babys all fine, think i've started to feel movement tho not very often so thats great, not tried ice pops may have to give it ago, ginger of any form now however makes me sick, it work up til 8 weeks as my morning sickness started at 4 weeks but now i can't stand it. my 20 week scan is 12th feb so not to far away and have modwife on the 10th, I have a scan at 16 weeks to check my cervixs lenght so if i'm lucky i might get to see baby then

yeah babys all fine, think i've started to feel movement tho not very often so thats great, not tried ice pops may have to give it ago, ginger of any form now however makes me sick, it work up til 8 weeks as my morning sickness started at 4 weeks but now i can't stand it. my 20 week scan is 12th feb so not to far away and have modwife on the 10th, I have a scan at 16 weeks to check my cervixs lenght so if i'm lucky i might get to see baby then

I was the same with ginger hun, bought some ginger and lemon tea to help my morning sickness, it worked the first day but then the next day as soon as the water hit the tea bag and the smell wafted up I nearly threw up! The belvita breakfast biscuits really helped me, I just constantly nibbled on them throughout the day. One pack of 3 biscuits would last me for hours with just a little nibble every now and then, i'd have them sat half nibbled on my desk at work, god knows how people didn't realise i was pregnant before i told them lol! Also, peppermint tea helped with the sickness too if you can stand it. Hopefully it should calm down for you soon though and you'll start to get to the feeling great part of the pregnancy :) Have you got a little baby bump yet? :) I loved it when mine started to show as I was so big to start with that I was worried that people wouldn't be able to tell I was pregnant and would think I was just fat!

Ladies.... it's 1 week today until I go wedding dress shopping!!! So exciting!!! :) Been looking at some online and can't wait to get trying them on! xx

Back