20 somethings

Morning all, sorry I've been MIA been all over the place this week,such a busy week and loads to do before holiday Sunday, mum boss home so no time to myself plus not sleeping = zombie me!
Anyway sorry not been in and to be honest not read anything in here for a couple of days, will have a catch up whilst babysitting tomorrow night but won't have chance till then (locked myself in the loo to get 5 mins now to check my phone!) :(
lost 1lb this week so back to pre Xmas weight, sneaky scales said 11st11.8 so I've seen the next elusive lb down (only been there once before) but as I have to round up couldn't count it.
Will be back for a proper catch up and chat tomorrow night. Hope everyone is well and welcome to any newbies! Xx

hellooo, well done for getting back to your pre xmas weight! i did have to laugh when you said you had to sneak to the toilet to have a look on here. ive had to do that too before... i feel like i cant function properly if i dont look on here and say hello =]

good luck for this week xxx

Morning all, sorry I've been MIA been all over the place this week,such a busy week and loads to do before holiday Sunday, mum boss home so no time to myself plus not sleeping = zombie me!
Anyway sorry not been in and to be honest not read anything in here for a couple of days, will have a catch up whilst babysitting tomorrow night but won't have chance till then (locked myself in the loo to get 5 mins now to check my phone!) :(
lost 1lb this week so back to pre Xmas weight, sneaky scales said 11st11.8 so I've seen the next elusive lb down (only been there once before) but as I have to round up couldn't count it.
Will be back for a proper catch up and chat tomorrow night. Hope everyone is well and welcome to any newbies! Xx
Woo on the pre Xmas weight Scarlett, sounds like you are so so busy, will have a proper catch up tomorrow wen you get 5 mins (not from hiding in the loo) :p xx
Hello all! I'm new an just about 20 something so thought I'd join in and say hi. I'm Zoë, 27.. been dieting on and off since I was at uni but now I have a new goal - a wedding in May. Then after that I will focus on another goal. Have joined a group with a friend who has just come back from Spain, but have found the 1st two weeks to be slow burning. Last week I understood why (left over bits of seeing people I hadn't seen over Christmas!) but this week I've been super good. I got on the scales at group this morning and was slightly disappointed BUT I am very much a forward looking person, so onwards and smiles - I have already bought the dress I need for the wedding and I WILL get into it :) Looking forward to getting involved - I havent done the forum thing before so hopefully the support with help :) Zx (p.s - I also have to century thing on my profile and cant get rid! If anyone knows what to do please help!)
Welcome Zoe! Look forward to having you here and wedding dress is all the incentive you need! Goodluck on your journey xxxx

Heyyyy, I go shopping for the morning and come home to find pages to catch up on! And now I forget most of what I read lol

Jess, best way to do it, if you are going cold turkey, is to have your last smoke before bed, and make a fresh start first thing in the morning. Make sure you have plenty of things to keep you busy -- last time I tried to give up I resorted to washing skirting boards and grout. Haha.

Elle, you looked amazing on your wedding day! Wow! You know how some people lose weight, and you can instantly tell that they have, by stretch marks on the arms, or something? You looked like you were always slim. Gorgeous! I'm sure you'll get back there in no time, just looking at your pics must be inspiring you.

Welcome to the newbies, well done to the losers, chin up to the sts's lol.
My food shop... oh dear. I must never go shopping again while hungry. Over 200 euro!!!!!
Although to be fair there were loads of offers on, and I bought bulk of the things that were, like cereal bars and WW wraps and things. So I won't need to buy them next week. I'll be dodging my bill man today now haha.

wow that is a big shop! how many syns are the WW wraps... there are times when i really fancy a wrap or pitta bread but cant because they are too many syns! or am i just not looking properly... which is probably the case haha xxx

hey, well done for being at pre xmas weight scarlet, hope you get some time to yourself soon before your holibobs.

Welcome zoe :)

Elle, a lady in my group lost 9 stone for her wedding, then had 2 children and is back to lose it again. I just think "WOW!" I know it can be done and if she is prepared to do it twice it must really work! you can do it :)

Jess, you can do it. my dad did it cold turkey when starting to go out with my mum. the sentence "I won't kiss you if you don't stop smoking" seemed to work! haha. But you are right, this op is more important than a fag, and it will help your recovery hugely. And hopefully SW can curb that stopping smoking weight gain. Starting to crochet is a fab idea. I've ordered the fabric I want for Nate's blanket I want to make (patchworked granny squares with a fabric square in the middle of each one. Two designs, one cowboys, the other red with white spots :) Then the crocheting part will be white or cream, and blue. :) It really does stop you from picking. I've been spending evenings on here which probably explains increase in picking, so I will have to get back to crafting!

Holly, Asda wholemeal pitta bread is a HEB. I am unsure of the syns of ww wraps, they should be online on lifeline online, or on the SW App.

It has been SOO busy on here this morning so apologies to anyone I missed out, you do matter, but lots of chatter and my son keeping me up from 1:30am (after I was asleep for half an hour) means my brain is not working.

thank you lovely =] i can now have pitta breads lol xxx

Ouch Mandy, mine was about 140 Euros (I just did conversion, I'm so awesome haha) but I bought some new bottles, nappies, toddler milk and sippy cup for bumface. he won't drink normal milk, makes him throw up, I used to be allergic to cows milk, so I don't mind sticking to toddler milk for now. The bottles were cheaper than getting new teats which he needs (he has a bottle before bed and before nap time) and one of his sippy cups broke. He is understanding what the potty is for, and is no longer scared of it, so we have progress, but it's going to be a long road that I refuse to be stressed out by. He is funny, he sits on it and says "pssss" and stands up again. Lol. No actual wee wee in it yet though. When the warm weather comes it will be naked boy and plenty of accidents I imagine.

Thank you ladies :) Unfortunately it's not my wedding but I do need to look fabulous so here goes. I'll give the weight loss diary entry a go tonight x

Well today all I want to do is eat! I haven't been bad yet, but there is chocolate in my fridge that is calling to me!

The WW wraps are 5 syns each. I like things that are 5 syns lol
I also bought in my shopping some of the new Mars bars (10 syns) and Treble Crunch crisps (5 syns) so I might have a little treat later on watching a movie with himself. Think we're going to watch The Frighteners....such a good movie! I am soooo cold today! Gonna see if himself will light the fire. We're out of briquettes so he'll have to use bits and bobs of wood we have lying around inside...there's a frame of a mirror that broke in the bedroom, he can use that. Unfortunately, nothing that's outside is useable since it's all soaking wet. We're supposed to have snow over the next couple of days! Eeeek!

Beci, don't eat that chocolate! Step away from the chocolate. It's not going to help you lose weight, and five seconds after you swallow the last of it, you're going to feel crap!

I've just found a packet of chocolate hob nobs in the tea box at work, not sure who put them there as we are all on health kicks! The lid has gone back on and am waiting for a baked potato to cook, am here late tonight so had to stagger my eating. *waiting music*

Hello everyone again!

This tread moves so fast!! I've just been reading pages and pages from the last time I was on! Well done to all the Wednesday weighers, there was some fab losses there :) I lost 3lbs this week!

I'm currently meant to be sleeping cos I've night shift tonight (1st ever and hopefully last!). Woke up round 8, forced myself back to sleep till 12, got up played with my dogs and made stir fry and pasta bake to eat later at some point. Came back up to bed round 3 and maybe have got another half hours sleep in. Now I'm too awake to sleep again :( I know I'm going to be wrecked tonight... maybe it won't be a full 12 hours.

plus my bf has text to say its meant to snow here tonight and I am a really nervous driver in snow/ice from a few bad experiences!!

Good luck to any Thursday weighers!!
BTW Elle your wedding pic is absolutely stunning!!

Chat soon!

Welcome to the thread, Zoe & Ellebear....

I nearly sabotaged my efforts today with the biggest fish and chips I could stomach, but I decided not to order, and I have made a slimming world friendly curry instead. YAY me! Sometimes I look at my weight and think I have so far to go, but I know if I stick to it, I will get there..

x

Beci - don't go for the chocolate you'll regret it in the long run!
Zoe - looking forward to reading your diary
mandy - thank you for the syns on the WW wraps
middy - well done for it having the fish and chips!!! I do the same as you an doom back on what I've lost and realise its not worth eating that and gaining the weight back on when I have done so well xxxx

ive still hardly eaten today... Feeling a lot better and have a spring back in my step as my mum says but I'm just not feeling hungry! Got a roast for dinner which is my fab but at the mo it is making me feel sick :( hopefully it will pass and taste yummy as always :)

hope your all having a lovely evening xxx

I avoided the temptation and I think I'm past the craving!

By the way, does anyone here know any places in London to eat that are good for SW members? I'm headed there on the weekend for a trip with a friend and she's so skinny she never cares where she eats. I really don't want to screw up my good work so any advice is appreciated!

I nearly sabotaged my efforts today with the biggest fish and chips I could stomach, but I decided not to order, and I have made a slimming world friendly curry instead. YAY me! Sometimes I look at my weight and think I have so far to go, but I know if I stick to it, I will get there..

x

Ooo I didnt know what to have for tea tonight but a curry sounds just the ticket, thanks for the inspiration! Zx

morning ladies, thats me finished my nights thank god, few normal days ahead!! ive eaten nothing but cold things for 3 days hahahaha.

im a nurse and we dont have microwaves or toasters on the ward for fire safety :-( so its bn cold pasta and salads, cold chicken, lots of fruit, alpen bars and muller lights :)

cant wait to have something warm tonight!!

my first WI is on monday, im dreading it im scared i havnt lost anything!!

well done to all the great losses xxx

Your wi will be fine Nicole I am sure of it :) hope you've recouped from the nights x

Sorry no idea on how to turn if off :( if you can't sort it message Pierce xxx

Thanks for the warm welcome girlies!!! Do I have to tell u about me??

I'm Elle....been doing SW forever (it seems!) I am a good loser when I put my mind to it, but I'm a slow one as I do like to indulge in holidays and such! I lost 5.5 stone for my wedding in Oct 2011 and felt like a princess!!!! I was a size 24 to start and approx a 14 for my wedding!

I then fell pregnant in Dec 11 and had my gorgeous little one in Sept 12...I gained 5 stone from my wedding day weight (WDW) to giving birth and that was a shock!!! I'm now chipping away again and have a 4 month old daughter and I am 2.5 stone to go to get back to WDW!

Here are some pics when I was bigger (end of 2009) and on my hen weekend and wedding day! This is my goal!

Hope you are all well and look forward to chatting to you all soon xxx

Wow Elle you did fab and your wedding photo was gorge :) x

Bless you Hun your gunna need that holiday :) well done on your lb x

Hello all! I'm new an just about 20 something so thought I'd join in and say hi. I'm Zoë, 27.. been dieting on and off since I was at uni but now I have a new goal - a wedding in May. Then after that I will focus on another goal. Have joined a group with a friend who has just come back from Spain, but have found the 1st two weeks to be slow burning. Last week I understood why (left over bits of seeing people I hadn't seen over Christmas!) but this week I've been super good. I got on the scales at group this morning and was slightly disappointed BUT I am very much a forward looking person, so onwards and smiles - I have already bought the dress I need for the wedding and I WILL get into it :) Looking forward to getting involved - I havent done the forum thing before so hopefully the support with help :) Zx (p.s - I also have to century thing on my profile and cant get rid! If anyone knows what to do please help!)

Welcome Zoe x

hey, well done for being at pre xmas weight scarlet, hope you get some time to yourself soon before your holibobs.

Welcome zoe :)

Elle, a lady in my group lost 9 stone for her wedding, then had 2 children and is back to lose it again. I just think "WOW!" I know it can be done and if she is prepared to do it twice it must really work! you can do it :)

Jess, you can do it. my dad did it cold turkey when starting to go out with my mum. the sentence "I won't kiss you if you don't stop smoking" seemed to work! haha. But you are right, this op is more important than a fag, and it will help your recovery hugely. And hopefully SW can curb that stopping smoking weight gain. Starting to crochet is a fab idea. I've ordered the fabric I want for Nate's blanket I want to make (patchworked granny squares with a fabric square in the middle of each one. Two designs, one cowboys, the other red with white spots :) Then the crocheting part will be white or cream, and blue. :) It really does stop you from picking. I've been spending evenings on here which probably explains increase in picking, so I will have to get back to crafting!

Holly, Asda wholemeal pitta bread is a HEB. I am unsure of the syns of ww wraps, they should be online on lifeline online, or on the SW App.

It has been SOO busy on here this morning so apologies to anyone I missed out, you do matter, but lots of chatter and my son keeping me up from 1:30am (after I was asleep for half an hour) means my brain is not working.

thank you lovely =] i can now have pitta breads lol xxx

Don't mean to be a party pooper but I'm fairly sure pittas aren't a B after the 2013 update x

Welcome to the thread, Zoe & Ellebear....

x

Well one for resisting Hun, tough isn't it :) x

I avoided the temptation and I think I'm past the craving!

By the way, does anyone here know any places in London to eat that are good for SW members? I'm headed there on the weekend for a trip with a friend and she's so skinny she never cares where she eats. I really don't want to screw up my good work so any advice is appreciated!

Well done beci x

Brrrrrrr it's so cold, I am dreading the drive to work tomorrow already I like snow but not when I've gotta go out to work in it. Been on a fab training day today really enjoyed it. Was pleased with myself too lunch was provided and I had 2 small sandwiches Which I synd followed my fruit salad but stayed away from too much and crisps! :) x

Well done for sticking to the SW while on a training course! Ill have to double check the pitta bread then thank you xxx

Back