20 somethings

Hi Fran :p

Looking through the last few posts I can confirm in Derbys. we have lots of snow too and it's really thick as it's been none stop since yesterday evening, we've had that much that it made my rear windscreen wiper fall off my car in the work car park haha!! It does look really pretty though but I hate what it turns in to next....cant wait for spring

Hey star! hope you are well x

What part of brum u in jo? We got about 6inches in the garden here but the snow is still falling although its not as cold as it has been

random... does anyone have or know anything about the Tefal actifry? are they SW friendly... thinking about getting one... but wont if its better does the chips and things in the oven!

Hey CH *waves hello*

How are you? Looking good in the new profile picture!!

I am good thanks, just plodding along and slowly but surely getting back on plan after xmas :)

Im fab thanks hun x glad your ok, now we only have one lady MIA I think lol

Evening ladies, woke up this morning to rain...then lunchtime in school it started to pelt it down with snow (typical). The kids were completely hyper bless them, was a nightmare getting home though...took an hour to drive what is normally a 15 minute journey, I watched 2 cars crash and IDK what the hell the car infront of me was doing but it kept sliding like CRAZY!

Was meant to meet up with a friend this evening but decided not to risk it as I didn't fancy driving if the snow got worse.

Your day sounds lovely Ciara :)

Hope all is well!

It was clear when I went into work but when I walked over to another building less than an hour later everything was white! Feeling like the Grinch though because it's a real pain in the arse to have it this weekend. Work was manic because so many people left at lunchtime so I was there later than planned to get urgent stuff done. The OH was then stroppy with me because I spent too long trying to pack SW food for the weekend.

Currently on a train down to the OH's parents' for his dad's 60th. His Nanna was worrying about us driving down and she hasn't been very well so I said we'd get the train to put her mind at rest. I don't like being there without a car because it's so boring that we usually end up popping to Bluewater or the cinema. This weekend we're trapped!

Evening everyone!! It didn't start snowing here til I was on my way home from work - typical!! Praying for snow days next week as I'm sick of the place haha!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey ladies,

It's been a while since I posted but as I had a little free time I thought I'd pop in and say hello and wish you all a belated happy new year :)

Hi star. How r u? X

Hello everybody haven't kept up with the posts but hope you're all well.

Out snow started about half 8 this mornin, kids were in, we'd a lovey morning in the snow. Then they could go home after lunchtime, some parents didn't get the message so they stayed til 3.30, and I'm on my way home now. Aw it was so lovely in the snow with them!

I'm stickin to the tube this evening in case the buses are held up.

Sounds fab. Just been watching some well cute kids on the news playing in the snow! X

Hey star! hope you are well x

What part of brum u in jo? We got about 6inches in the garden here but the snow is still falling although its not as cold as it has been

I'm in selly oak. How bout u? X

Evening everyone!! It didn't start snowing here til I was on my way home from work - typical!! Praying for snow days next week as I'm sick of the place haha!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Awwww is work no better Hun? How's job hunt going? X

Just had a lovely little nap but now tea is really late. As I was mid travel at lunchtime I've only eaten a banana :( soooo hungry and my mum who's meant to be doing sw too is eating crap :( grrrrr she is the worst diet buddy! I have told her im not talking to her and I'm having more sw friendly dinner lol ;)

Yep, just Clare, but she hasn't been on minimins so i haven't been able to stalk her. Haha. No one leaves the 2012 somethings!

My brain is mush and all I can think is "I am sooo jealous of everyone's snow" We had some fall but it isn't sticking. Nate loved watching it fall though, and even though this is the first time he has seen it his eye's lit up and he said "schnow" awww.

Laura. Fingers crossed for you to have a snow day.

Where are you going Emily? At least if he is sulking and you are on a train you can get some nice reading time in :)

Jo, Woop on the nap. I had one today and felt so much better. And yes, parents suck at being diet buddies. Mum's trying to be good now she really is coming back (just waiting for the referral). I think there's a few things going on, one is laziness, she will have fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast if i make it for her. And on an evening she'll have just another glass of wine a few times. Or she'll pick some chocolate, then another piece, then maybe a bit more. And dad munching through more than a block of cheese a week on his own! I won't buy any more. A 300g block. Mum has none, I have 40g, he eats the rest, and for some reason I am the mug that keeps buying it. Although he doesn't eat it if it is Tesco lighter stuff. He will only shovel in the more expensive stuff, so he can bog off this week and eat some of his smelly Xmas cheese he is leaving to go off and get thrown out. Cheese rant over! But I have friends joining/rejoining sw and posting about dominoes then about going out drinking, then about getting a kabab. This is the girl who got scared when the nurse offered to put her on the list for a gastric band. Shocking as no Dr or nurse ever said that to me, even at my biggest. But the shock has worn off now I think.

This is actually freaky as I'm doing the same...! Do you think you'll get to London? I'm coming from Leeds tomorrow but my friend is going from Newport and I think it all hangs in the air right now! :(

I'm a bit worried about the weather, but I'm hopeful that it'll be ok!

Hiya Jo, very well thank you but bloody cold! It's still snowing and has been for 28 hours now :( I just had a look outside and I would say in my garden it's about 10cmish thick but I have been using it as a big fridge as my proper one is full and have put some sprite zero out to get cold :) How are you?

Fran I am very happy to house swap with you so you can have my snow, there is more than enough here to keep you and Nate entertained for hours :)

Parents are rubbish diet buddies but so it my OH, he tries to support me but keeps buying things like chocolate and putting them in the fridge and it really tests my will power...I think my best option would be to live on my own for a year to get this weight off haha :p

Jo im at my mums in Aston atm

Star I think id be worse without my OH he does try to keep me from having naughty stuff as much as possible even if he does give in sometimes

Hi girls, well cos of the snow, plans have changed and I'm no longer babysitting, means I no longer have a good few hours to catch up but popped in between packing and seeing mikes dad for birthday celebrations. Felt bad letting them down but they had back up in form of next door neighbour, had I have gone I would have been stuck in the next town along all night.
Getting so excited today but scared our flight will be affected, been watching gatwick website and twitter like a hawk and only a couple of flights have been affected, so we should be fine for Sunday. Need to go and get a few more last bits tomorrow in town then all ready to go, need to be in bed at half 7-8ish as need to be up at 3! Will take my ipad and hopefully will have wifi in the hotel so can keep in touch! Been ok on plan, dinner out tonight was a bit of a surprise, as I was supposed to be babysitting I wasn't going to go but when I said I could the plans all changed to meal out (!) so decided as I'm on holiday now to go with what I fancied.. Will prob regret it but holidays are few and far between :)
Hope everyone is well, my ap is playing up on ipad again and can only see half of everyone's posts, as in half from left to right then the ends of each line are missing, so can't take much from them other than no major dramas...I hope! Miss chatting with you all and really need a good catch up tomorrow, after coffees and last bit of ski shopping will lock myself in the bedroom with minimins :) xxx

Yep, just Clare, but she hasn't been on minimins so i haven't been able to stalk her. Haha. No one leaves the 2012 somethings!

My brain is mush and all I can think is "I am sooo jealous of everyone's snow" We had some fall but it isn't sticking. Nate loved watching it fall though, and even though this is the first time he has seen it his eye's lit up and he said "schnow" awww.

Laura. Fingers crossed for you to have a snow day.

Where are you going Emily? At least if he is sulking and you are on a train you can get some nice reading time in :)

Jo, Woop on the nap. I had one today and felt so much better. And yes, parents suck at being diet buddies. Mum's trying to be good now she really is coming back (just waiting for the referral). I think there's a few things going on, one is laziness, she will have fruit salad and yogurt for breakfast if i make it for her. And on an evening she'll have just another glass of wine a few times. Or she'll pick some chocolate, then another piece, then maybe a bit more. And dad munching through more than a block of cheese a week on his own! I won't buy any more. A 300g block. Mum has none, I have 40g, he eats the rest, and for some reason I am the mug that keeps buying it. Although he doesn't eat it if it is Tesco lighter stuff. He will only shovel in the more expensive stuff, so he can bog off this week and eat some of his smelly Xmas cheese he is leaving to go off and get thrown out. Cheese rant over! But I have friends joining/rejoining sw and posting about dominoes then about going out drinking, then about getting a kabab. This is the girl who got scared when the nurse offered to put her on the list for a gastric band. Shocking as no Dr or nurse ever said that to me, even at my biggest. But the shock has worn off now I think.

Sounds just like my mum she can't be bothered to put the effort in and can't resist crisps and choc. The best thing is if I unpack the shopping she's done and after she says she has had a good day I find the receipt with not so good stuff on!!! I also have secret eaters here they finish all the full fat stuff and then start to eat my sw goodies makes me sooooooo mad! No funnily enough I've never been offered that either by my docs I just get the lectures! X

Hiya Jo, very well thank you but bloody cold! It's still snowing and has been for 28 hours now :( I just had a look outside and I would say in my garden it's about 10cmish thick but I have been using it as a big fridge as my proper one is full and have put some sprite zero out to get cold :) How are you?

Fran I am very happy to house swap with you so you can have my snow, there is more than enough here to keep you and Nate entertained for hours :)

Parents are rubbish diet buddies but so it my OH, he tries to support me but keeps buying things like chocolate and putting them in the fridge and it really tests my will power...I think my best option would be to live on my own for a year to get this weight off haha :p

Not too bad ta Hun, back at it and enjoying being so, making the most of my motivation before it waivers lol! I agree with the living on ya own too x

Jo im at my mums in Aston atm

Star I think id be worse without my OH he does try to keep me from having naughty stuff as much as possible even if he does give in sometimes

Oh really not too far then, I work in erdington so not far from u x

Enjoy the last minute shopping, glad u didn't get stuck babysitting too x

Back