20 somethings

Emily thats all u need to know is that the game will probably take at least 3 hours maybe upto 5 so take something else to do for when you get bored lol and hopefully after beating my OHs team ravens will go on to win otherwise I think my OH will be bitter lol

He was ok today, he said he calmed himself down by thinking about good things like our wedding so that was nice x

Welcome Kimberly x

Hellooo! Hope you are all okay, welcome to the newies and goodluck on your journeys, you're in the best place :D snow has eased off here, very rainy and blowing an absolute blizzard out there, it's bitter! Forecast for more snow tomorrow apparently. I am inlove with my new oven and have been cooking everything I can think of haha! My ear is sooooo sore, I had my helix pierced a few weeks ago and it's been healing nicely but has suddenly swelled up and very red, may have something to do with the fact I slept on it last night but my god it hurts so bad, just bathed it in sea salt water, trying to calm it down :( how are you all today? Xx

Aww Christie that's so sweet!

Ouch Jess, that sounds unhappy. Hope salt water clears it up. Glad you are loving your oven so much. :) what was on the menu this evening?

Aww Christie that's so sweet!

Ouch Jess, that sounds unhappy. Hope salt water clears it up. Glad you are loving your oven so much. :) what was on the menu this evening?

I did chicken burgers SW chips and veggies tonight! And for lunch today I made up curry chickpea Dahl loaf, it's so nice! God I've missed my oven!! X

Ooh Jess sounds sore.

I had mushroom tagliatelle recipe I got on the Philadelphia website. I like using Philadelphia for my hea sometimes, for a change. Unfortunately it turned out quite dry, the taste was nice, but it was just too dry, I was expecting creamy.

Ooh Jess sounds sore.

I had mushroom tagliatelle recipe I got on the Philadelphia website. I like using Philadelphia for my hea sometimes, for a change. Unfortunately it turned out quite dry, the taste was nice, but it was just too dry, I was expecting creamy.

I love Philly too! Shame it wasn't as creamy as you'd have liked :( there is quite a few good recipes on the Philly site which can be adapted to SW! X

Syn free enchiladas?! Sounds amazing. How do you make them?

They are lush!! This is the recipe I follow:

500g of extra lean chicken mince/ground chicken
1 red pepper, chopped finely
1 onion chopped finely
2 cloves of garlic crushed
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
9 manicotti pasta shells
4 tablespoons of quark
126g reduced fat cheddar cheese (3 HEA serves me and my partner and one portion left for lunch next day)
For the Enchilada sauce:
250ml of passata
125ml of water
1.5 teaspoons of chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon of cumin
1/2 teaspoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon of garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
1 teaspoon of oregano
Method
Preheat the oven to 175c or 350f
Add the manicotti pasta shells to a saucepan of hot water and cook until they just start to soften (not too soft, they need to have a little firmness to be able to fill with the meat mixture). Then drain hot water, and cover with cold water. Set aside until you are ready to use.
In a small saucepan, add all the ingredients for the enchilada sauce, bring to the boil and reduce to a low heat. Leave it to simmer away, while you make the enchilada filling.
Add to a frying pan on a medium heat, the ground chicken, onion, garlic and red pepper and cook until the meat is not longer pink and cooked through. Reduce the heat right down.
Add the 1 tsp of chilli powder and mix thoroughly. Add the quark and a 1/4 of your cheddar cheese and stir to evenly coat.
Fill all the manicotti shells with the meat mixture and lay them all in a ovenproof dish. Top with you enchilada sauce and the remaining cheddar cheese.
Cover with foil and bake in the oven for approx 25mins, remove foil and then continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes until cheese on top is nice and golden.
Serve with a side salad.

The lass I found the recipe from adds 2tsp brown sugar (2 syns) and 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn) so between 3 portions would be 1 syn and 1 HEA, but I took them out and found it to taste amazing so free aslong as your cheese is your HEA x oh and I just cut my chicken breast into little cubes, doesn't need to be minced xx

Attachments

• image-2336734962.jpg
    image-2336734962.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 35
  • image-4158503622.jpg
    image-4158503622.jpg
    230.4 KB · Views: 40
Oh god that sounds lovely. Its going on the shopping list.

Wow! Jess! They look incredible!

I had my inner helix pierced years ago but took it out for a wedding and lost the bar. I've decided it's my 2.5 stone award treat to get it repierced. I miss it! I hope it heals up. Saltwater is the way forward.

Wow! Jess! They look incredible!

I had my inner helix pierced years ago but took it out for a wedding and lost the bar. I've decided it's my 2.5 stone award treat to get it repierced. I miss it! I hope it heals up. Saltwater is the way forward.

The inner helix looks class! Deffo get it redone, glad you agree with the Salt water as praying it will help haha! I'm working on my ears but don't want to go back with a big red cauliflower for a lug ha, want my tragus next, no more tattoos for me behind ears tho as I nearly died, I swear the needles was hitting my skull haha!! I am not that brave :p and Emily honestly you have to try the enchiladas, they taste so so similar, before SW I used to have the old El Paso ones at least once a week, we were addicted, now me and OH think these are just as good! Xx

Hey guys! I'm new to this, I'm 21 (so unfortunately a 20 something! I started SW 11 weeks ago, currently lost 23lbs :)

My god Jess I think that will have to be dinner tomorrow!!! Looks fab
You won't regret it ciara!! X
ah cool, could you use canneloni tubes?

What's the chickpea dahl loaf like? I've heard about it but never tried it myself.
Yeh first time I did it I used cannelloni tubes and it's exactly the same! The chickpea Dahl loaf is really good, someone brought it to taster night at group and it didn't look too appealing but everyone forced me to try it and it was gorgeous! So easy aswell, basically just a tin of chickpea Dahl, packet of batchelors mild curry savoury rice and 3-4 eggs, add the water as stated to rice, mix chickpea dahl and eggs in, pop in loaf tin and cook for 25 mins, I prefer it cold xx

Back