20 somethings

Ahh this is probably a good thing...buying clothes is my worst habit by far!! Xx

I realised this when I went straight for the home section in Harvey Nicks and not the MAC counter ha kitchen stuff was my thang!

I'm DYING to go shopping! I want new pretty clothes...but I don't wanna waste too much money! i.e. going out clothes! I don't want them to fit me soon! xx

I buy a lot of dresses, which are handy for between sizes and being more flexible. Trying to wear jeans that are a couple of sizes too big if fail for me (round my ankles!), but dresses transition well. I know a good altering lady too for when they are too big :) I don't see clothes as a waste of money (honest these girls know my habit!) if you look good you'll feel good, and if you feel good you'll do good.

I mega need some new jeans siiigh :( forever pulling them up haha

Laura how exciting! Joint account - very grown up!

Jess shopping is my favourite body magic activity, and wouldn't you be proud I haven't bought any new clothes so far this month! I deserve a bloody medal! What did you buy while out shopping?

Harley well done on the loss! Fab news.

Christie, well done on resisting the call of the chocolate.

Unfortunately no clothes!! Household stuff, I carried 40 quids worth of food and house bits from Morrisons including 2 bottles Pepsi max, 2 bottles irn bru for OH, bleach, cleaning stuff, big bag potatoes and 4 pint of milk! My arms still burn haha xx

Belts are the answer. It's awesome when you can use a belt. haha, I was so deluded, thinking they were using tiny belts with big clothes, nope, I was just too hooge.

Haha hooge love that! Well I normally wear jeggings because my tum, bum and thighs is wear my weight is most noticeable and 'normal' jeans just fit awfully. Praying for the day I can get into Primark jeans and all their clothing, THEN I'll buy new stuff ha. For now will have to update with basics and get by

Belts are the answer. It's awesome when you can use a belt. haha, I was so deluded, thinking they were using tiny belts with big clothes, nope, I was just too hooge.

Boo Jess! Although I do enjoy food shopping too... any shopping! I don't envy you carrying all that. yum potatoes and pepsi max though. hehe.

God belts, I have 2 embarrassing belt stories from before I lost weight, first one was when I was in primark and tried the largest belt they had on and it wouldn't go round me at all!! Second story I was out drinking with some friends and I went to the bar to buy a drink, I was wearing one of these stretchy clip belts on my waist and there was a group of lads along the bar and I ordered my drink and as I went to pick it up my belt flew off me and attacked one of the lads. I don't think I've ever ran away quicker hahaha x

God belts, I have 2 embarrassing belt stories from before I lost weight, first one was when I was in primark and tried the largest belt they had on and it wouldn't go round me at all!! Second story I was out drinking with some friends and I went to the bar to buy a drink, I was wearing one of these stretchy clip belts on my waist and there was a group of lads along the bar and I ordered my drink and as I went to pick it up my belt flew off me and attacked one of the lads. I don't think I've ever ran away quicker hahaha x

Oh god mine did that in a club once, ironically a Primarni belt also haha

Oh god mine did that in a club once, ironically a Primarni belt also haha

Haha it's so embarrassing isn't it!!! I have so many embarrassing moments from before SW, I once went into macdonalds and couldn't fit in the booth that was the only table free, also went to wetherspoons for a drink and couldn't fit in the chair as it had sides, I used to have panic attacks about chairs, I still do sometimes and have to remind myself my bottom isn't a size 28 anymore haha x

Ive had embarrassing theme park ride moments :/ not good when your on a ride and your bar cant go down enough to lock and everyone on the ride and the people watching from the ground are staring at you while the guy is trying to push it down with alot of force :(

Ive had the belt not fitting thing too, ended up buying a mans belt

I had the biggest belt doesn't fit LOADS of times. Never the attacking belt which I have to admit I chuckled at.
Lol so did everyone in the bar!! Even I had a giggle but was mortified deep down! X
Ive had embarrassing theme park ride moments :/ not good when your on a ride and your bar cant go down enough to lock and everyone on the ride and the people watching from the ground are staring at you while the guy is trying to push it down with alot of force :(
I've had this too, I used to avoid any time when embarrassing things could happen, didn't go on rides, carefully picked restaurants cos of chairs and booths, couldn't get in 3 door cars cos couldn't get in the back properly and would have panic attacks if I managed to fit, worrying about how I'd get out, thinking in my head I'd have to be cut out! X

Hiii

Hi peeps, I have tried to write this post twice before and it never got posted, I'm new to this so maybe doing it wrong. I'm 24 nearly 25 and started slimming world April 2012 I've lost 4 stone 3.5 since then ( put on half pound last week after having a real on plan two weeks, I still don't understand what happens nearly a year on haha) I've been reading this site for ages but having found this forum I thought it was perfect And I've hit a plateau at the moment so need some motivation and support hope u guys don't mind. Nice to not have to worry about boring people a lot weight loss etc And u all know what I'm going through so yeah hiiiii can I join the group xx:eek:

Lol so did everyone in the bar!! Even I had a giggle but was mortified deep down! X

I've had this too, I used to avoid any time when embarrassing things could happen, didn't go on rides, carefully picked restaurants cos of chairs and booths, couldn't get in 3 door cars cos couldn't get in the back properly and would have panic attacks if I managed to fit, worrying about how I'd get out, thinking in my head I'd have to be cut out! X

Ah it's so awful when I think about it, makes me more determined to sort it out! Although my belt broke, nothing to do with me being fat haha. The rides thing gets me, really want to be able to go on rides again :(

Welcome muzza x

I've had the belt pinging moment at a size 16! Not quite as dramatically as your moment, Jess, but I was pretty mortified! I've also had the belts on clothes not having enough holes, or rather me being too big for them. Since being on SW I've gone from being on the second largest hole on New Look's M/L belt to 3 holes in on their S/M belt! I should really check how many inches that is. Just being able to buy a S/M belt was such a huge deal - I'd resigned myself to forever being L or M/L.

I have a chesty cough setting in. It's a slow build up and it's just irritatingly tickly at the moment. Grumble. I woke up, rolled over and my neck went into spasm this morning. I bought a new orthopaedic pillow last year because I kept getting neck pain and it had worked really well until now. I can still feel it. Owwwww. I'm falling apart!

Whinge over. :D

I've just logged on to Lifeline Online and I've got this message under my awards:
"Just one week to go. If you’re at your Club 10 weight, or you’ve lost even more weight by next week, that lovely free week will be yours! Make sure you’re at group next week to celebrate!"

What's all this about?! I got my Club 10 a while ago.

Back