20 somethings

Wow Christie what a generous gift! How lovely! D you think you will go for honeymoon over rings then? So exciting! When is your wedding again? X

Hey jess! Really was fab, think his accident made us all more cautious which was good but poor thing! Ooh yeah the potato mince sounds good, another idea would be meatballs? Can make a ragu type sauce to have with them?
We have nothing in..so hungry but unless I'm going to start munching on frozen broccoli for breakfast I think I need to pop to the shops for essentials to last till our tescos shop comes tomorrow. X

Aww fran shame your class was cancelled, how are they going? How many have you had now? X

My OH wants the holiday since hes only ever had one when he was young enough to go on his mums passport

Morning, well afternoon ladies, it's monday today which means the dreaded weigh in day :( uh ohhh It's actually the first week I havent weighed myself once throughout the week as I was starting to get obsessive, however now I don't know what to expect at all.

Christie that sounds amazing! very jealous!

Haha fran thats funny...very active young lady!

For all you teachers I was wondeirng if you could help Ciara the scitt is quite similar to pgce (it includes it in the course) I am so scared about my interview wednesday and have been told to look up educational issues. Where's best to look? I have googled and looked on tes and guardian etc but not sure if im looking at the right thing? can anyone give me any pointers or subjects to look up which are relevant. Thanks:D

Who else is weighing tonight?

Im changing my wi back to friday from this week on as wednesdays isnt the best day for me as im up so early for work and am always rushing about and sometimes forget whereas fridays my day off so I wont forget to weigh and I can set a certain time so it will be the same every week

In regards to OH citizenship we have just decided to bite the bullet and apply for him to register as a citizen, will cost us 630 but at least he will then be a british citizen for definate and we wont be wasting time applying for passports etc..that will just take weeks out of our tine limit and probably be a no anyway. At least if he is already british they may not take the money and then we will know but I think this is the best way to ensure we get it in time

Christie, did he automatically get a national insurance number at 16 or did he have to apply for it? It all sound so stressful for you. And expensive! Hope Friday's work better for you :)

Good luck for weigh in tonight muzza :)

Scarlet, hope you got something tastier than broccoli for breakfast. I have only had two classes so far. Was going to do some Wii fit when Nate had a nap but he had a play date. He hasnt had a nap and it is too late to have one now. So proud he played so nicely and the other boy really seemed to like him :) we had lunch there, beef salad with a dressing that was 3 syns for 30mls. I used about 10 but will count 1.5 syns. Nate ate pickled beetroot and loved it. He peeled butter off his bread and butter and ate the butter. LOL. Was really nice to pop over and Nate to play with another boy.

Raging with myself this morning as i lifted lasagna out for my lunch.. Gar going to have to syn the portion of white sauce and drab of cheese on the top as i've already used my hexA for milk!

Horrible day here at home in ireland.. The wind is howling and raining outside.. Boo for that. I think this is the week to start exercising. Getting a good class though is the thing

Hey everyone!
sorry I haven't been on for a couple of days. Been busy with work and then had a busy weekend. Hope you all had lovely weekends too :)
I've just had a craving for pâté and Melba toast and so I had some. But it's 3.5 syns for 25g of pâté and I know I had more than that plus the Melba toast I have basically had all my syns on my snack! I feel awful about it now. But at the beginning of this diet I told myself that I wasn't going to deprive myself of anything! Because I know that it will make me give up! So i ate the pâté and now feel really bad. Just hoping it doesn't affect my WI on Wednesday!

hope your all okay xxx

Hi everyone, I'm new to the site. I joined sw a few weeks ago and so far have found it easier than other things I've tried in the past. I've had massive problems with motivation in the past so I'm hoping that being on here might make the difference this time. Really want 2013 to be MY year!

Christie, did he automatically get a national insurance number at 16 or did he have to apply for it?

He thinks he got it automatically as he dont remember ever applying for it

Welcome justjaybel x

Im doing good today, had a tuna mayo sandwich for late brekkie/lunch using both heb's and 2 syns for mayo, and then a banana
Had some roast chicken to nibble on and fruit to keep me going as that was sort of a early lunch also so didnt feel the need to eat anything else for lunch lol
For dinner im having a big ham, cheese hea, pepper and red onion omlette/frittata thing so I still can use 13 syns. Ive found out asdas chocolate mousses are only 4.5 so bought 8 of them for £1 so may have one of those and a few pieces of wholenut bar to take me to 11 syns for the day

Ooh how exciting Christie, it will soon come round! Have you got much done? X
Hope your OH gets to sort out the citizenship stuff soon, can imagine its just another added stress in an altogether stressful situation!

Hi muzza, when is your weigh in? Good luck and let us know how you do! When I went to group I weighed on a Monday night but when I changed jobs it just didn't fit in well so moved to Thursday at home weighing.

Oh fran that's so sweet, bless him doing so well playing, its so lovely when you see their little friendships start to develop and see how they interact with other little ones. so cute!
I popped to tesco express after doing my online shop to be delivered tomorrow (as mike has another day off-boo! I'm back to work!) and got some basics, also picked up bacon and eggs so we had a sw fry up. Just made a lasagne for dinner with a pack of colemans sauce. Haven't worked out syns but I know I haven't had any others today. Will use some broccoli with that lol, more a dinner food than breakfast!

Oh tata hope the syns weren't too bad, hate it when that happens! Weather sounds horrible! Think we missed the worse of it here being away,sounds like they had snow, wind, rain and snow again then more rain! Wondered why all the fields looked flooded when we flew in!

Hi hlb, sorry if I've missed your real name, think you joined while I was away! Welcome either way! Don't worry about it affecting your weigh in, syns are there to be enjoyed and if that means using them all on one snack then so be it! Sounds like you really wanted it so they weren't wasted, had you not have had it you may have used the syns on something you didn't want, then still want the Melba toast and pâté! Enjoy them :)

Welcome jaybel! This forum is a massive support to me and everyone is so lovely. Do you go to group too? Good luck and we are always here xx

Welcome back crylittlesister, you seem to have sucked in some really chatty people. Haha. Fab about group being so close. No excuse now!

Hey holly, scarlet said it all, syns are there to be enjoyed. I often use mine on just one treat rather than dribs and drabs :)

Ah Christie, I just wondered because if he had applied then he definitely wouldn't be. 650 is such a lot. I'm so mean I'd just apply for a passport, sounds like he'll need one anyway ;)

Ooh scarlet it was so lovely, I thought Nate wasn't playing with him, just near, but when Charlie left the room Nate jumped up and stood at the door going "where gone?" We were even able to leave them playing together alone and go in the kitchen! And Charlie gave him a hug and kiss goodbye. Utterly adoreable. Down side is Nate has been so tired since we came back he has been a grotbag. Bath and bed!

I got my NI number automatically. That was over 11 years ago mind you.

I am being good tonight. The Joker requested macaroni cheese for dinner. I made it for him and Wee Chum, but I also threw in a (syn free) Quorn roast for me to chop up and put in an omelette. :D

Ooh how exciting Christie, it will soon come round! Have you got much done? X
Hope your OH gets to sort out the citizenship stuff soon, can imagine its just another added stress in an altogether stressful situation!

So far we have just sorted a quote out for venue, they are holding the date for 12 weeks for us to get a deposit in thats it lol cancelled all my old wedding except registry office will have to do that tomorrow and book a registrar, got a photographer sorting a quote out for me and hotel rooms booked thats it lol

Ah Christie, I just wondered because if he had applied then he definitely wouldn't be. 650 is such a lot. I'm so mean I'd just apply for a passport, sounds like he'll need one anyway ;

Lol we thought about it but if they said no then that would be 72 quid and upto 6 weeks wasted

Welcome back crylittlesister and welcome jaybell.

Christie i have everything crossed for u that you and oh get everything sorted. Is so rubbish.

Great news about nate fran sounds like youve had a great day and that u be having another invite.

Awaiting wi results :) x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Well what a day work was so ridiculously busy and had shouty people in today too grrrr! So tired and already ready for bed.

Wi tomorrow, i know its naughty but popped on the home scales and they are showing a loss so everything crossed. Only hsd 2.5 syns tonight so a nice evening treat is in order. Ive also been and done it ive joined the gym. Was sooooo daunting lots of pretty thin young ladies about and good looking muscly men but i kept the courage and joined. Now to use it!! X

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins

Back