20 somethings

The Joker and I met on OK Cupid. It's a fab site, really queer-friendly, and I was just looking for new friends in my area following a nasty breakup. The Joker knew at the time that all I was after was friendship, but he still turned up on my doorstep on the 22nd July 2011 to share a bottle of wine and natter the evening away. We ended up falling in love - him on that first night, me a little later - and exactly a year later we were legally married and then handfasted in a beautiful forest surrounded by our most-loved friends and family. We've been married just over six months now, so we're still in the 'honeymoon period' I guess, but we're deliriously happy with each other still. :D

Muzza you should definitely be proud and don't let other people boasting put you off. I didn't have much experience, and not all of those boasters get in. But be so proud of getting an interview :)

Muzza you should definitely be proud and don't let other people boasting put you off. I didn't have much experience, and not all of those boasters get in. But be so proud of getting an interview :)

Good post! Just because they're boasting about it doesn't actually mean that they're any good at it!!

RE the online dating - never tried it, but me and hubs met randomly in the Caribbean so living proof that it happens when you least expect it and holiday romances can last!! x

Hi everyone! Just had a yummy veg stir fry - and realised I've had a green day so can have 2 rocky road hifis in a bit!! Bought some mini cream, caramel and dairy milk eggs and a bag of mini Malteser bunnies, all only 3 syns each - yum!!!

Spending tonight doing school work and tomorrow finishing off packing for moving day on Friday! I literally cannot wait!! Eeek! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Good post! Just because they're boasting about it doesn't actually mean that they're any good at it!!

RE the online dating - never tried it, but me and hubs met randomly in the Caribbean so living proof that it happens when you least expect it and holiday romances can last!! x

Thanks mrs s! Good luck with the move camz x

Sam that is wonderful! You will soon be complaining about them falling down. :)

Thanks Christie hun. Her saying to eat fish and chips didn't really come up. She keeps cheerleading me because she has a bunch of new members and restarters and I'm the biggest loser there at the moment. The other lady must be back at the seaton group because that's easier for her daughters

Mandy so glad you are back and better, I'm sure those couple of lbs will pop right off again :)

Muzza, boasting doesn't teach kids or help you learn. Even if you didn't get the place you got an interview ahead of a lot of other applicants which'd hint that you'd only have to get a little experience and you'd be away. For now you just have to wait and see and we will cross our fingers for you!

Aww Harley that's so lovely. All you loved up ladies!

Laura you are so good. I can't buy the mini ones because I will demolish them. Any Easter chocolate sucks for me because I pretend they're calorie free. Lol. Last Easter I didn't have any Easter chocolate and it didn't bother me so hopefully I will do the same this year.

And a big thank you to all you girls. I doubt I'd be this far along if it weren't for you lot :) that and Laura's magic luck! I swear by it.

Hope all the Wednesday weighers left get happy news too.

Hereth begin the great poo debate -

I've just had a major dose of the old IBS - and feel about a stone lighter!!! Here's hoping that's all I needed and I'll lose my final 3 stone next week ;-) xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi ladies, sorry i've been MIA. Started back at work and been exhausted. Was my birthday on Saturday and somehow still lost a pound this week. Chose my wedding dress and managed to find it £220 cheaper yesterday so bought it and was on a high. Then I got a call to tell me my grandad passed away yesterday :( they couldn't get hold of my mum so I had to go break the news to her, it was awful as they were so close. I then came home and ate 77 syns worth of chocolate and biscuits, so i've hardly any syns left for the week now. Just keeping it in my mind that I have 4 full days (and today too that i've been good) to pull it back in and really hoping to get my 4 stone award next week which will be a total of 5 and a half stone lost since having Jack 9 months ago. I know my grandad was proud of me losing my weight and I want to make him even prouder by getting to target.

Hope you're all ok, not been able to read through everything so congrats for the losses and any gains don't worry, you'll lose it again soon xx

No problem Muzza, did my PGCE 2010-2011 so I my second year teaching. Did it in st Mary's twickenham, work in the school I did my final placement in.

Down a pound an a half so at 10 stone 8 so pleased with that, bit more progress than my half pounds! Nearly at my interim target :)

Sorry for your loss hun xx hope you are doing ok, dont worry too much about the syns, it will be what it will you've done fab so far! Great news about the dress and finding it cheaper x hope ur settling back into work ok and being away from jack x

Sammy I'm so sorry to hear about your grandad xx

Well done everyone for the losses! Fran knew you would do it! Soon catches up :)

Made the most yummy curry tonight, found a Lorraine pascoe Sri Lankan chicken curry in a cookbook at work and tried it tonight, was amazing! Used 1/4 tin of light coconut milk in it but well worth it! Got the other half tin to have it again later in the week! Was solo good, will post recipe later if anyone interested? Xx

No problem Muzza, did my PGCE 2010-2011 so I my second year teaching. Did it in st Mary's twickenham, work in the school I did my final placement in.

Down a pound an a half so at 10 stone 8 so pleased with that, bit more progress than my half pounds! Nearly at my interim target :)

Wow well done you:) I hope one day I will be a teacher but I'm not sure it will happen this year :( do u love it? X

I'm really sorry for your loss Sammy. Don't sweat the extra syns it's a really difficult thing to go through.

Well ladies I have spent the whole night baking for a taster evening at group tomorrow. Decided to make 3.5 syn cookie cakes - they look amazing but I don't have enough syns to try one tonight! Will have to get my bf to be my baking guinea pig :)

image-2394710464.jpg

After a bad day at work I decided I wanted my hair chopped off cos it was peeing me off lol so now my hair has gone from half way down my back to just above shoulder length, done by my OH lol bit wonky as my hair dries wavy but like I told him its always up anyway and I will have it properly styled when I reach my 2 stone treat so I dont care lol

Wow well done you:) I hope one day I will be a teacher but I'm not sure it will happen this year :( do u love it? X

Its a love hate relationship to be honest muzza. Some days I just feel great and I love teaching the kids and everything, then other days I hate it, the paperwork and red tape, issues with parents, and long long hours. I mean its great, can be so rewarding, but I don't know if I will do it forever. I love the children and I've realised how much I like the younger ones I teach, which I didn't really realise initially that I like that age group.

Oh I see a hard one, rewarding but challenging! Well I will wait and see what happens, there are def pros and cons to both getting in and not getting in! Xx

Thanks ladies. Work isn't too bad, i'm getting back into it slowly. I miss Jack but it's easier than I expected, probably because I know he's safe at home with Ben. xx

Back