20 somethings

I was going to try and explain crochet too jess but Mandy did it better than me! I learnt with a you tube lady called bethintx, look her up. If you an get past the thick Texan accent she is a fab teacher! X

Christie hope the headache goes soon x
Tata sorry to hear you were feeling so low, hope you are feeling better now xx

Sorry got to read and run got a busy day that I didn't even know was happening! Mike woke me up going come on get in the shower we have to drop this and that and this! Whirlwind! Anyway I'm off to do this and that apparently, will catch up later, enjoy the sunshine everyone xxx

Have a good day, Scarlet!

Ah girls, I'm staying in tonight, first night on my own in the house.. I've been eating! I'm inside my 15 syns but I'm just feeling so low.
I wish I was with my OH tonight at the wedding, I couldn't cos of work but I feel like he needs the support! Its all his brothers old squadmates,
his brother passed on and he texted to say his mum is really emotional.

Watching OBEM and getting seriously emotional. Sometimes you need a good cry!
Hope you are feeling abit more upbeat today missy! Xx
Went to bed last night at half 9 with a banging headache, woke up this morning at half 9 with the same banging headache :(
Nothing worse then a headache that won't go, my implant did that to me and I lived off migraine tablets everyday but now they've stopped! Have u taken anything for it? X
speaking of hobbies I absolutely love jewellery making!! i had to stop it though it got a bit addictive, i was spending upto £60 a month on beads. I was desperate to make it into a busines but then I heard you needed insurance and because I'm visually impaired i have trouble with one bit. you have to leave someroom at the end of the necklace and thread on a tiny 2mm crimp bead, then thread on a bolt ring clasp or a jump ring depending on which side I've done. then thread it back through the tiny tiny crimp bea, pull it so that the crimp sits next to the clasp trying not to have a big gap between the crimp and your beads, then you have to use some pliers to squeeze the crimp together, then you cut the excess off. I did get better with my gaps but sometimes I would end up cutting the clasp off because I was trying to cut off the excess wire. I have loads of necklaces that I've made but I doubt anyone will want to buy them. i buy my beads off the tv its ace!
I make jewellery too! I get all my stuff off qvc, I have all sorts, was thinking of doing what Mandy suggested and getting a little stall once a month cos I have loads of stuff made in little organza bags and it would be a shame to waste, at Christmas time I make a few quid from people ordering personalised bracelets x
You never know what people will buy! I say spend a few weeks doing up some jewellery and then once a month rent out a stall at a market... if they don't sell, they don't sell, but at least you'll have tried, and doing it once a month gives you plenty of time to get as many as you'd like done.

Tata, sorry to hear you're feeling so low. Maybe take some time today or tonight and just spend it with himself doing something you don't normaly do.

Jess, I can understand your frustration with the crochet. It took me a week solid to get a square done. As far as the 2 loops go, you can't actually go under the 2 loops until you're on your third row, because when you work your foundation chain (that plait you made) there is only one loop to go through, the top one. However many you chain, you always start in the second stitch (the V) from the hook, because the first one is to get the height of your stitch. So, insert your hook into the second V from the hook, then wrap the yarn around the hook and pull it back out, then wrap the yarn around again and pull through the first loop on your hook, wrap the yarn around again and pull through the second loop on your hook. One single crochet, done. Then insert your hook into the next V and do it all again. Make sure you count each stitch as you do it, to avoid adding or missing some.

Epic sleep last night. I ended up going to bed at 9.30pm, played games on the phone for a while and then settled down to sleep. Didn't get up this morning until 08.15am.
I read what you wrote about 5 times and it's starting to make a little sense! Wish you could just pop round and show me the ropes haha, think I need someone to sit down with me and go along with me every step of the way, I'm going to give it another try tonight! X
I was going to try and explain crochet too jess but Mandy did it better than me! I learnt with a you tube lady called bethintx, look her up. If you an get past the thick Texan accent she is a fab teacher! X

Christie hope the headache goes soon x
Tata sorry to hear you were feeling so low, hope you are feeling better now xx

Sorry got to read and run got a busy day that I didn't even know was happening! Mike woke me up going come on get in the shower we have to drop this and that and this! Whirlwind! Anyway I'm off to do this and that apparently, will catch up later, enjoy the sunshine everyone xxx
Oh I will look her up on YouTube! Have a lovely day Scarlett x

Feeling better today ladies... Had a crap sleep though! Got woken by a black poodle howling at my front door... My poor wee doggie was in the utility rm getting so worked up over it!

So today is girls night out.. Me and my bestie are going out on the town!! I'm excited!

Jess, i love crocheting but i've only mastered granny squares yet!

Jess, if you go into the shop you bought your hook and yarn, they would be more than happy to show you how to get started. The lady that runs my local yarn store does lessons in her store, and they only cost 5 euro per hour, which is the price of a pint of lager lol

Tata, why was there a black poodle howling at your door? lol I'd have dognapped it hahaha

I did take some pills and its mostly gone but I can still feel it lingering in the background :(

i buy all my stuff off jewellerymaker.com its all genuine gemstones and I like using them as opposed to glass or plastic. they are more expensive but if you use silver findings you can sell them for more than you can glass or plastic. there is nothing wrong with glass or plastic at all though. i once had a neighbour that wanted some green squares and she wanted it for grand daughters birthday in 1 weeks time, i had to resort to glass but she didn't mind.

Sounds tasty chocs.

Tata so sorry you were feeling low last night (and posted after I'd gone to bed!) But yay girls night out! Have fun.

Christie, could you be dehydrated? I only really get headaches when i don't drink enough.

Ah mandy you explain it so well, whenever I try to explain anything it just all turns to gibberish!

Have a nice day scarlet, we have been out in the sun for a little while.

Right, off to nosh soup and get everything prepared/cooked for feast tonight!

I think I only explained it so well because when I was learning it all sounded like a foreign language to me. I need things explained to me in layman's terms lol
I learn best by seeing it though, so reading things doesn't always help.

Are we still talking knitting/crochet? I'm trying to learn. I bought that 'Knit and Stitch' magazine, the one that comes with yarn and needles, and each week you knit or crochet another square for a blanket and cushion set. Looks great - except all the instructions are for right-handers and I'm a leftie so I'm getting all in a pickle.

All instructions are the very same, just mirrored. So hold the yarn in the exact same way and the hook, in your left hand. But apparently, it's best to learn to crochet using your right hand as if you were right-handed, and it saves on all the confusion.

I'm buying the same magazine, although I've only just done the first square in knitting, and didn't bother with the crochet one, as I already know how to.

Girls, we're in, unpacked, tidied and settled! OH has gone to footy, and I'm chilling on the couch xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I bought the crotech one ( as I can knit fine ) but for some reason I can't make a square ends up a J shape lol I'm fine but for some reason tend to go wrong when I need to turn and go back !! If someone turns it for me ok till next row just don't seem to know how to turn have read and read instructions and still go wrong!!
I'm thick !

Anyone know how to make Chinese gravy ( sauce as they call it) Can't get that either it either turns out as British gravy a garlicky type or curry sauce ! Any suggestions?

Sounds tasty chocs.

Tata so sorry you were feeling low last night (and posted after I'd gone to bed!) But yay girls night out! Have fun.

Christie, could you be dehydrated? I only really get headaches when i don't drink enough.

Ah mandy you explain it so well, whenever I try to explain anything it just all turns to gibberish!

Have a nice day scarlet, we have been out in the sun for a little while.

Right, off to nosh soup and get everything prepared/cooked for feast tonight!

It came on after being on the computer for a while last night, I think I need to get my eyes tested as I look at a till screen all day when im working and im sure its affected my eyes over the years as I now sometimes get numbers and letters mixed round like a dyslexic does

I get bad headaches if I don't sit properly at the computer. I find myself slouching forward and hunching my shoulders so they end up all tense and the muscles pinch nerves. It's a really hard habit to break!

Anyone know how to make Chinese gravy ( sauce as they call it) Can't get that either it either turns out as British gravy a garlicky type or curry sauce ! Any suggestions?

Proper chinese gravy is usually made from a lot of random things chucked in same as their curry, I was quite suprised when I found out how they make their curry too wasnt expecting them to say carrot etc..being in them lol

I get bad headaches if I don't sit properly at the computer. I find myself slouching forward and hunching my shoulders so they end up all tense and the muscles pinch nerves. It's a really hard habit to break!

I get them from looking at my phone too long aswell so I had to stop reading books on my phone I also get it when im watching films on my laptop probably cos im focussing on the screen for so long

Back