20 somethings

Hollie, just think, for next weigh in you can make a good dent into the way towards your 2,5 stone award, which'll be fab! That's how I am thinking about next WI, if I don't get my next award (1.5lbs away) then I will get it the next week with extra into the next goal.

haha Jo, afraid not. :p

Wow fran that curry looks amazing! Save me some! ;)

Christie I'd def try the fringe, as fran says it will soon grow out if you don't get on with it and if you really can't bear it just brush it back and use a couple of click clack clips to hold it back :)

Well done Hollie, you'll get there next week x

Having a sad evening, done the rounds today showing everyone our holiday pics and telling the stories, delivering the presents etc. my nan would normally be first on the list but she died in August so it is our first holiday without her here. Had to stop myself buying a postcard when we were away as I'd always send her one (she kept them all!) and feel really sad today that she isn't here to see the pics and hear all about it. :( going to go to the crem tomorrow and put some flowers down for her, haven't been since her ashes were put there with my grandads so will go then, almost 6 months without her and still miss her every day xx

i know how you feel hun i often feel the same about my auntie and grandad, and my nans health is deteriating quite fast and it makes me sad sometimes when i think she may not make it to my wedding either, i am saving my bouquet for my auntie and grandads grave as a way to make them part of my wedding without being there, maybe when you go on holidays you can still buy postcards and write on them about your holiday and put them on her grave with some flowers

That's a lovely idea doing that with your wedding bouquet. Aww bless you, treasure every moment you have, if I could have just 5more mins with her I'd give anything now. I try and tell my OH the same about his nan, I hope he listens soon x

Thats also a lovely idea about the postcards, the thing is that its not a grave as such so the crem do 'clear up' stuff left regularly unfortunately, she was cremated and the ashes were buried, unfortunately as its so expensive we haven't been able to have a marker put on the grave to make it more of a permanent feature, would love to as my grandad and my auntie are also there but it's such a lot of money.
My mum is very much in the frame of mind that she doesn't need a place to go to remember her and although I agree I like to be able to go there and talk to them.
Id always planned that when me and OH are starting a family and find out we are pregnant to tell her first to make it extra special for her, now she's not here would love to still go there and leave a note with some flowers or something to tell her before anyone else knows, wouldn't feel right if I didn't. Anyway that's a way away yet, but something I always thought I'd be able to do.

thats a nice idea hun its a shame there is nothing permanent there

luckily my grandad had a fair bit of money left for my nan as he worked in the pits and got money from that long after he finished and a lump sum for her when he passed away so they was able to get a nice wooden cross put on when my auntie passed away and added a plaque to it when he went, and they never go around cleaning up anything off the graves there (which is sometimes a bad thing when flowers go brown and horrible), my OH goes to visit his nans grave every year on the anniversary of her death and he talks to her and tells her about me and what hes been doing etc.. ive told him that he can use all the buttonholes and corsages to put together something to put on her grave as she meant alot to him too

Christie that's a lovely idea :) so sweet that your OH goes to his nans grave every year too.

Scarlet I'm sure she's looking down on you, probably telling you to be careful on those slopes! Remember it's ok to feel sad, but not to stay sad and dwell, there are a lot of lovely things to look forward to and she will be there keeping an eye on you. And when you do have kids you'll be able to show them their great-grandmas christmas treee decorations :)

The curry was awesome, I must remember to get some smoked haddock out of the freezer before bed. Just catching up on silent witness before someone else watches it and deletes it :/ decided to look into american feast rather than chinese. The southern stuff looks more SW friendly, not sure whether to do general american or to split it into north and southern. I'm far too food obsessed!

So thoughtful, I'm sure he will really appreciate it. such a lovely idea to get those who cant be with you on the day involved and a nice way to show they are in your hearts and there in spirit. it's a while off yet but I think I will do the same when the time comes for us to get married. Hadn't even thought of it but such a lovely idea.
My brother got married a month after nan died and he did a toast to her in his grooms speech. was nice but so sad at the same time.
Nice to have something there, I will speak to mum again about it, especially as now here dad, mum and sister are all in the same plot. If not maybe a bench or something elsewhere in their memory would be nice. Thanks for the little chat hun xx

thats ok hun sometimes its nice to talk to people who are not close to the family cos then you dont have to worry about it upsetting them, my family dont really talk much about it and alot gets held in and now my dad is on stress leave as he never talks about his feelings about anything and i know he is worried sick about my nan after everything he has been through with his younger sister and his dad and now her mixed dementia and alzheimers and has only just admitted to his doctor that he is a bit depressed atm talking about things helps to heal

fran got an amazing memory! dunno how she does it!

bless you scarlet you big softy. :p

Christie, I remember the maddest of things, but if I walk in a room looking for something I can guarantee I will forget what I am looking for, even that I am looking for something!

My dad's like that too, I think a lot of men are. They won't speak out about anything and just let things fester so they get worse. Bloody men!

thats ok hun sometimes its nice to talk to people who are not close to the family cos then you dont have to worry about it upsetting them, my family dont really talk much about it and alot gets held in and now my dad is on stress leave as he never talks about his feelings about anything and i know he is worried sick about my nan after everything he has been through with his younger sister and his dad and now her mixed dementia and alzheimers and has only just admitted to his doctor that he is a bit depressed atm talking about things helps to heal

fran got an amazing memory! dunno how she does it!

Sounds like you've got a lot going on at the moment too Christie, your poor dad, sounds like he has really been through the ringer. Well sure you all have with what's happened but its always hardest for the closest people, and men are notoriously bad at asking for help and showing feelings. My mum was so stressed in the last year or so of my nans life as she was her carer. Hope your dad is getting the support he needs fom his doctor now and things will be easier for a while at least. Xxx

He is also my nans carer with help from my sister, he was really bad with his stress when we was waiting on tests to see if my nan had cancer and took alot of his frustration out on my brother and ended up kicking him out, thankfully the tests came back fine and he knew he had over reacted with my brother and went to doctors for help and they have sorted things out, i do have a bit of a stubborn family lol

im getting more forgetful the older i get, the other day i was talking about our lodger being greedy eating 2 pizzas and less than two minutes later i said to my oh 'what did he have for tea?' he still mocks me for it now :/

Hugs you two xx

Lovely thoughts about your wedding flowers ch2b and telling your nan when your pg Scarlett.

Food looks gorge fran! I hope you remembered to get the smoked haddock out ;)

Morning everyone, sorry been a bit quiet the last few days, just been enjoying being 'HOME' with OH :-D I don't think that will ever et old!

Have had quite a few naughty treats this weekend, and am expecting a gain this week, but it's been lush and I don't care!

Re:weddings and family members we went to a wedding a few months bak and the bride and groom had beautiful framed pics all around the room when they had the sit down meal, it was a lovely touch :)

Hope you're all having a great weekend :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Apologies for that short outburst lol.

Sorry to hear some of you are feeling low at the moment, glad you feel good support here xx

Trying to plan food for my day and week. Can't decide what to make at all

I did Mrs s. It was lovely, lacking superfree though so I had some fruit beforehand.

Laura, soon you'll want to stab him for leaving socks and pants on the floor :p enjoy the honrymoon period Hehe :)

Nate decided it'd be fun to wake up and scream all night so when he is having a nap I'm joining him. Got today off cooking! Well... I'm not cooking dinner. So I really can just go nap. Yay.

I did Mrs s. It was lovely, lacking superfree though so I had some fruit beforehand.

Laura, soon you'll want to stab him for leaving socks and pants on the floor :p enjoy the honrymoon period Hehe :)

Nate decided it'd be fun to wake up and scream all night so when he is having a nap I'm joining him. Got today off cooking! Well... I'm not cooking dinner. So I really can just go nap. Yay.

Haha he works away Mon-Fri until April so hoping the honeymoon period drags out a bit Fran!

Oh poor you, and poor Nate!! Enjoy your nap! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back