20 somethings

Good idea fran, I will try and do some batch cooking in the next couple of days, I love campfire stew but only have a teeny tiny bit of smoked paprika left and also need it for the pork and paprika one pot that I've been threatening to make for the past few days! Its on my list for next shop so will make both then.
Did anyone have any other pork stew type ideas? Got a pack of 6 loin steaks frozen but don't want to paprika one pot them all or we will be eating it till it come out our ears!
Thanks girls, hope something comes up soon. Haven't even been given my leaving date yet but i know i've got about 4weeks left.
A couple of jobs about that I've seen but some involve a car and although I can drive, I don't have my own car as I've not needed one working 5 mins walk away and mikes car to use evenings and weekends.
Annoyingly mum offered last night to buy my brothers car for me, a fab and generous offer but he sold it on Saturday while I was there! Might have to find a cheapy runaround and see if the offer still stands. I'd pay her back of course but Its the only option for now. could have done with this happening a year from now when I'm due to be debt free with some savings...sods law.

Jade try and get back to it ASAP, its easier said than done I know that as well as anyone else but its the best thing to do to make you feel better. Already planned tomorrows food after my pizza binge, feels better already x

I may never go off plan again now im addicted to homemade chicken goujon things mmm taste just like the real deal if not better and all it takes is chicken brown bread salt and pepper yum! Had them two days in a row now and debating on getting more chicken tomorrow lol obsessed much!

Well I didnt hurt this much the last time I did the shred, muscles in my stomach I never knew I had are screaming at me and dont get me started on my thighs lol whoever came up with the moto no pain no gain clearly knew jillian

Lol christie! I have a complete thing for onions and mushrooms at the moment. bit odd I know. I do try to stop myself having the same thing all the time just to keep my body guessing and to make sure I don't get bored.

Scarlet, the favourite thing I have with pork is my mum's pork chops with cabbage and cheese, but it isn't a stew thing though, so I dunno if you'd want to do it.

I'm trying to think of one more lunch and 2 more breakfasts for next week....

how about piri piri pork?

[h=3][/h]4 thick pork Loins, all fat removed
Fry Light
2 onions, chopped
Free vegetables of your choices (fresh or frozen) carrots, baby sweetcorn, courgettes, peppers
400g can tomatoes (chopped or plum)
500ml passata
Schwartz Piri Piri Seasoning (we used 2 level tbsp, and you can use more or less to your taste)
2 chicken stock cubes
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper

[h=3][/h]1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Seal the pork in a frying pan, then place in a large oven tray sprayed with Fry Light
2. Roughly chop your vegetables (if using frozen there’s no need).
3. Boil the kettle and place the canned tomatoes, passata, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and the stock cubes into a large jug. Gradually add the piri piri seasoning, tasting as you go. Add approximately 50ml of boiling water and stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.
4. Place the vegetables over the pork in the tray, and then pour over the seasoned tomato mixture. Place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes minutes or until the pork and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
5. Serve with either salad and/or couscous.

Tip: Serve with a mixed salad and/or couscous (counting Syns on Original for the couscous)

That recipe is to serve 4

how about piri piri pork?

4 thick pork Loins, all fat removed
Fry Light
2 onions, chopped
Free vegetables of your choices (fresh or frozen) carrots, baby sweetcorn, courgettes, peppers
400g can tomatoes (chopped or plum)
500ml passata
Schwartz Piri Piri Seasoning (we used 2 level tbsp, and you can use more or less to your taste)
2 chicken stock cubes
Mixed herbs
Salt and pepper

1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Seal the pork in a frying pan, then place in a large oven tray sprayed with Fry Light
2. Roughly chop your vegetables (if using frozen there’s no need).
3. Boil the kettle and place the canned tomatoes, passata, mixed herbs, salt and pepper and the stock cubes into a large jug. Gradually add the piri piri seasoning, tasting as you go. Add approximately 50ml of boiling water and stir until the stock cubes have dissolved.
4. Place the vegetables over the pork in the tray, and then pour over the seasoned tomato mixture. Place in the oven for around 25-30 minutes minutes or until the pork and vegetables are thoroughly cooked.
5. Serve with either salad and/or couscous.

Tip: Serve with a mixed salad and/or couscous (counting Syns on Original for the couscous)

That recipe is to serve 4

There's pork and apple casserole (2 syns pp)

You could bash it thin and stir fry it?

Fran back in my even more skint days we would live off sausage and chips and burger and chips for months without anything different, I bet my body is in shock eating so many different things!

Tata babymaking is a reason for me too aswell as my wedding lol I already get mistaken for being pregnant now (which I find very rude when people assume!)

I didn't start the Shred by the way ch2b - saw the doctor about my cough today and he says I have a 'bad viral infection' in my throat/chest, which would explain why I've been losing sleep over coughing so much! Going to start once I'm feeling better. xx

I didn't start the Shred by the way ch2b - saw the doctor about my cough today and he says I have a 'bad viral infection' in my throat/chest, which would explain why I've been losing sleep over coughing so much! Going to start once I'm feeling better. xx

Yes I would make sure ur better first, its bad enough without coughing and getting out of breath aswell, I did it yesterday and will do it again tomorrow but then im off to wales thursday so will do day 3 monday

Fran I was so used to it that it didnt bother me lol sometimes u have to eat what u got enough for, we literally lived off £30 a month for food for two of us then

Oh yes very different now lol im lucky if I only spend that a week atm

tell me about it. I just put an £80 order in :( that is for 3 adults and a piggy child, and some stuff is stocking up the freezer. I didn't plan any green days for next week either so that's stung a little paying for a lot of meat. And getting more melon and pineapple which isn't a weekly thing.

My F&F stuff came today. I got a bunch of stuff for my little giant, the coloured chinos are so cute (£5 per pair), I got myself a pair of PJs, a pair of leggings and a bra... JOY! I did perve in the terrace yesterday (my favourite shop) and they told me the new stuff should be out tomorrow. yay. I so go there too often! a skirt i love has 40% off, but it is still too much. I said to let me know when it has 70% off, because I just cannot afford it otherwise, and she said she'd be getting two! hehe. I will NOT buy anything... only look and gush..

It will be different when you move out lol

What a pain Fran :(

Good luck for weigh in today and everyone weighing in. I have been on plan so should be some kind of loss but we'll see.

Man I feel like **** today, have barely slept all night, feel like im gunna be sick, still ache alot and bunged up with a cold, really dont feel like going to work :(

Morning everyone!! Sorry not been around in a while but have been pretty busy (an a little off plan :) ) just little things like an extra glass of wine on Sunday night, a few Pringles on say afternoon, and mega convenience tea of over pizza on say before we finally went for our first tesco shop. Am absolutely loving the new house, but cannot wait for OH to get home on sat night!!

Ha weigh in last night and lost a half lb, which I was please with after slipping up those few times, bit annoying as the 2 weeks before I was 100% and lost half or STS too! But ho hum got to keep plodding on!

Now for the REALLY exciting news, I have a job interview on Friday!!! I mentioned a little while ago that I was sick of teaching and that I hate the quality of life I have due to the stress of the job and the fact that I ALWAYS have to bring work home! So I applied for the post of a deputy manager of an academy nursery (slight pay cut, but permanent contract!) thinking I was seriously under-qualified for the business/management side of things, but over qualified for the teaching and assessment side. Anyway they rang me on Monday and I've an interview on Friday, waiting for my letter to tell me what I need to prepare - hoping its not loads as I don't have much time but the letter should come today! It's a really big step taking a non-teaching job, and a big career change too, but I think I would LOVE it!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back