20 somethings

He works away most Mon-Fri between dec and April :-( it's rubbish, but just one of those things! It's nice to look forward to seeing one another I suppose!

Well I've just had an email (which was sent sat and I've not checked them) saying head wants all of our planning files this week (presumably today) all evaluated etc, and I've really slacked with this this week - looks like I know what I'm doing at lunchtime today :-( glad I got the earlier bus this morning, and didnt have that lie in, at least I've got half an hour to get some stuff sorted this morning! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well done on the lesson jade. Like Christie said, the lessons are there to teach you else you wouldn't need them.

Oh scarlet you are so determined you will get something. Especially now you have a wee car. Beep beep.

Ciara, I get the memory of the food is better than the food itself. I was so looking forward to my toad in the hole and it just sucked really. I've never liked domino's though. I call it American pizza, which I don't like, bit i do like Italian. Pizza. Nom.

Ooh Laura! Quick! Get off here and get writing! Argh. I well hope you get this new job

Well ladies my day at work was short lived! I've got concussion after whacking my head off the garage door last night, got to work and promptly started shaking and being sick! Had to go ask boss if I could come home, he didnt seem too happy but I felt dreadful! Now I've been to docs and they've made me come home, and make another appointment for tomorrow to check bump and double check me over. I HATE taking time off work, always feel sooo guilty!! X

Oh bless how did u manage that? X

Still deaf in one ear :/

Hey ladies,

I had a fab weekend away with the OH. Got back to find out I wasn't successful at interview, which means I have ANOTHER ONE this Thursday. My feedback was positive, but it was that I was 'acceptable' rather than 'good'. They got quite specific about things I didn't mention in one of the sections (like a computer system I don't have access to!) but I'll just take it on the chin and know for next time.

I've massively overindulged all weekend so I don't think I'm in for a good result on Weds. Trying not to feel too meh about everything but the OH and I will now be competing in a pool of 5 people for 3 posts. The odds are good, but it's just going to be really stressful until we know. And there will be some serious decisions to make if one gets it but not the other. Sigh.

Totally on track, managed to wing it into tesco before work and grabbed fruit salad, muller light yogurts and milk.. Most will do me the rest of the week. I only buy little (500ml) of milk for work, that way I can still have hexA milk left over every day for tea when I get home!

Overindulging at the weekend feels crap BUT I was with a bride to be all weekend and realised how important it was to her that I looked good for her big day. Gonna buck up and start exercising tonight when I get home.

Well done for being back on track Tata, and staying on track will keep you towards your goal. When is the wedding?

Oh Emily I will have my fingers crossed you both get the positions. What a rotten situation though. Really sorry you didn't get the role. They don't know what they're missing out on! It is natural to feel meh. You have had your few days of naughty now let's kick some arse!

Christie if your ear doesn't clear up by Wednesday it might be worth going to the drs, you don't want an infection.

Laura you absolute nugget! How are you feeling now?

I'm expecting a big smelly gain on Wednesday too after using the full amount of syns in the first 3 days. I'm quite pleased that I have just gone right back on plan rather than being silly and living off of melon for the next 4 days. I've just not had the extra synny snacks I normally have. Been to tap class which was fun again (until we got to the bit I can't do, lol) and a lot of the steps are so much easier I don't have to think too much when doing them. Downside is various patches are super slippy so I nearly landed on my arse! Haha. No tap next week though :( boo. Nate is just about to have a late nap and I will have my soup and then get on preparing dinner so when it is time to cook it is just a case of lobbing it all in. Love it. And if I have time I will do some more meal planning. Wanting to try a few new recipes.

I'm aiming for a 100% week this week (and until weigh in next Wednesday). Who wants to join me? Remember it is shrove Tuesday tomorrow and valentines day this week too. I figure I'm having magic pancakes for breakfast and no love for valentines day I'm fine to stay on plan.

Im expecting a gain this week after being ill and eating whatever lol im back on plan now but will be having a couple of pancakes tomorrow, now im def not moving to newcastle yet I will be changing wi to friday now so got 5 days til wi to do something to counteract the weekend

Hi all, still feeling really yuck!! Have just had a Phonecall saying that I didn't get the job I applied for basically because they thought I was too good for it, BUT they want me to go back on Thursday for a proper teaching job there (more money and everyone sounds soo lovely!!). They've said the job is initially until the end of this school year but sets me in good stead for getting a permenant contract at the end of the year. Xx

Oh that will be good then x shame about not getting the other one but at least u will get more money than now x

Aww Laura that's fantastic! What brilliant news!

I'm trying to buck my ideas up. I don't really mind not getting the promotion job - it would have made things a lot easier, my OH could have got a post on compassionate transfer, we'd be able to get a better mortgage etc - but I don't personally feel ready to go up a grade. It still stings a bit though. And I am just filled with dread at what news we could get this time next week. I just wish I was out of the equation so I could just support my OH. Everyone else in my office has gone home now and I just keep getting tearful. It's like a bloody rollercoaster. We've been waiting and waiting since August last year and I just want it all over with. I'm fed up and feeling self destructive - although more in a not wanting to eat anything at all ever way than a binge. I'm getting annoyed at their silly feedback. I scored 3/5 for most of my areas, which is acceptable, but they haven't given me any ways to improve except to know about a stupid computer system I don't have access to! Grrr. I'll just have to act on the sole pointer they've given me and hope I'm good enough next time. Grumble.

*Emotional rant over*

I would love to join you for 100% week, Fran, but I'm having pancakes tomorrow and I'm not sure what the OH has planned for V Day. V day is also my second and final interview day so I basically want to disappear into a bottle of vodka. Maybe I'll save that for results day. I'm trying a few days of Success Express again to negate the damage of the weekend.

What will ur options be if only one of u get the transfer? how far away is it? I think u just have to go with whatever feels right at the time so I wouldnt fret too much until u know and then go from there

It's in Huntingdon, Cambridgeshire, and we're currently just south-west of London. It's not a commutable distance. If one of us gets it then one person could live on base up there but we would still need to pay for our flat down here as the other person would still have to live there. We'd also have more travel costs. Our work would try to move the other one up there asap but it might be in a really rubbish job. We want to move up there as we could afford to buy a decent 3-bed house up there, but the same money here would just about get us a maisonette.

It's all doable, and we'd work something out no matter what, but I just can't bear the thought of not being able to come home to him all week. It's silly because I've been in long distance relationships before and they've worked fine but I would just really miss him. That's what's getting me so upset I think.

I made 'super speed soup' last night, it was all right but nothing special. Had some for dinner tonight and OH MY it was fabulous. Amazing what a night in the fridge can do for a soup!

I made 'super speed soup' last night, it was all right but nothing special. Had some for dinner tonight and OH MY it was fabulous. Amazing what a night in the fridge can do for a soup!

Can I ask what's in this please? X

Super Speed Soup

1 can mixed beans
2 cans chopped tomatoes
handful split lentils
1 large onion
2 parsnips
2 beef oxo cubes
mixed herbs
1 can green lentils
1 can baked beans
2 large leeks
4 medium carrots
mixed peppers - one red, one yellow, one green
water

Chop all vegetables, put it all in a big saucepan, cover with water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until everything's soft.

I blended mine and I left out the parsnips. It makes enough for several meals!

Oh Emily it all sounds very stressful but it will be resolved soon, which is a big plus :) I'm more of a fall headfirst into chocolate girl but I imagine vodka gives similar results! I hope OH treats you lovely on v-day, it sounds like you need some pampering. That or I've pulled you into my hormonal web via the web! Muahaha.

Mum asked to borrow a fiver earlier, she got back in the car with a bag of chocolate! Thankfully she left it at the other house! Which is good, I predict Nate will wake up tonight, after refusing lunch and dinner, because he is hungry. apparently he was very naughty while I was out, so I'm glad I missed that. Just hoping I won't be wanting sugar all tomorrow!

Harley we make that soup too, be warned we call it fart soup so you may have a windy house this evening.

Back