20 somethings

Thanks fran, sometimes thinking like that can't be any good for you.. I have to remind myself its all on plan..

HOLY CRAP. I updated my info and my BMI is 30!! So if I lose another 2 pounds next week I will have got my second goal and be in the overweight region of the bmi scale! Amazeballs!!! I'm so delighted and determined to keep things going this week!

Last edited:
BIG well done mandy, you are rocking the losses. So pleased for you, not a clue about the syns though hun.

Christie, mixed grill sounds yummo! mum and dad have got the M&S deal, I'm having LM ROAR sausages and a veg and potato and blue cheese bake, yum. their puddings alone are over 16 syns. no thank you!

Shall we all squeeze the bloat out of you Emily? Haha. How sweet of your C! Must be nice to know she cares. I'm now having hulk chicken on Friday so one more day before I can give my verdict. Your OH is odd not liking feta, LOVE IT. But I had lowlow pasta for tea tonight too! I dice carrot, onion, courgette, mushroom and peppers (only had a green one in) and sliced leek, fried in fry light and added to the pasta and low low. I put in peas too (so yummy, cheesy peas!) It was mum's request for this week. I have done a similar one with garlic and herb philli and chicken and veg, lush.

Tata, yeah, I don't want to get into food guilt... mostly because I enjoy it too much, and if you see something as bad you only want it more and I'd get into a bad circle.

Well I had my stone award today, and also SOTW. I'm so glad because I've now managed to lose 16lbs in 5 weeks, and my goal in the first 11 weeks (so 12 classes) was to drop 26lbs and reach Club 10. I have 6 weeks to drop 10lbs more and I'm so confident that I'll do it!

Well done beci x

If anyone has any sure-fire ways to stop myself coughing, I'd love to hear them!

This works at night. Vicks Vapo rub. Put it generously on the heels and soles of your feet, then cover with socks. I don't know why this works, but it definitely does, I've done it myself in the past month. It gives you at least 6 hours of relief.

I have had 4 hours' sleep and feel awful! Himself had darts last night and for some reason came home absolutely smashed. In the course of one night's "sleep", he elbowed me in the forehead, snored like I dunno what, and basically tormented the heart out of me. I'm going out in a half hour to do the food shop and pay the bills, and God love the person who gets between me and the bed when I get home! lol
So I taught Milo some tricks yesterday. He's gotten the hang of "sit", "paw", "other paw", and "stay", but for some unknown reason still can't get the hang of potty training. He sat in the living room for 8 hours straight and only had one wee, and was let out to no avail, but the minute I put him in his crate for the night, he had a poo. Seriously driving me insane!
So, I'm in no mood this morning to be having breakfast, so I'm just gonna bring an apple with me for when I feel more human haha

Well done Beci! 16lb in 5 weeks is phenomenal!
Fran, I'm sure I'm within my syns, as the only syns I did have were the bun and WW spread on two slices of wm bread.
Tata, look at you, being all overweight and stuff, I'm so jealous! I just want to get back to where I was and go from there...can't wait. I actually had a really good food day yesterday, and hoping to be back there within the next 3 weeks.

I'm afraid I've got no advice regarding Milo - what I know about dog training wouldn't fill a postage stamp! Give me a rat and I'll have him trained within a week, but dogs aren't my area of expertise. ;)

Well mandy you are the weightloss master :) you will be flying past your Xmas weight before you know it :) I don't know anything about dog training as mum trained all ours, bit i can ask her tonight if you'd like. I don't know much about OHs either, just that pinching their nose to stop them snoring may just stop them breathing as they are too stupid to open their mouth. A quick pinch in the side cab make them roll over reducing the snoring though. I can't do with snoring. Hope you get all your jobs done with ease today :)

Harley I know nothing about stopping coughing but if mandy says her trick works run for the rub!

Beci that is AMAZING! A huge well done to you.

You can do it Tata, I want to be overweight for September for my friend's wedding, I've not seen any of them for years, so I'm excited to be going up.

Happy Valentine's day everyone :) hope you all enjoy it in a syn savvy way.

Happy valentines day everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around - I have been reading but haven't had time to comment.

Hope everyone is well. I am weighing in at lunch today rather than 7.30pm and I'm not feeling positive about it at all. This week all I've wanted to eat is prawn cocktail crisps and vanilla milkshakes!

I'm loving all these 'I want to be overweight' conversations. :D If someone didn't know our starting weights they'd think we were mad! It was such a huge thing for me to get from obese to overweight. Now getting to 'normal' just seems slightly out of my grasp!

I didn't WI yesterday so I could prep for interview with my OH. I intended to go tonight but I've booked dinner too early. I'm in the middle of a countdown, so I don't save/lose any money if I don't go - does anyone know if it causes any problems if I miss a week when I'm prepaid?

Second and final interview done! I swear they could have seen my heart beating it was going so hard, but the interview itself was very relaxed and I think it went okay. The lovely, if annoying, thing was that so many people walked past me waiting to go in and said I should have gone for the one on promotion. I stopped telling them I did but didn't get it and just said thank you in the end.

I went to see the team that did my mock interview afterwards - one of whom is an Assistant Director of the company. She threw the cat among the pigeons and said my name has been mentioned (by the Director and several ADs!!) as the person they would like to lead our latest recruitment. We are getting 60 staff in over the next year. It would be a promotion too. I don't think it's a role I would want but a promotion would be lovely! And it's such a compliment to have people thinking of me so highly. I just wish they could have told my interviewers that last week!

Its always nice to know that people think your capable of higher responsibility, when will u and ur oh know about the jobs? Has he had his interview aswell?

Does he feel good about his interview? good that they dont keep u waiting too long x fingers crossed x

We both feel pretty good but the competition is tough so we just don't know how we'll have done compared to others.

It was a lovely boost to hear people think I'm good enough. I felt a bit deflated after getting turned down from last week's interview and was really doubting myself, so it was good to know people genuinely do think I would be suitable.

I'm stuffed from dinner. I had some pork crackling to start (don't tell me about the syns, I don't even want to think about it!), then a healthy venison stew with carrots, parsnips, onions and crushed new potatoes, and then we shared a little slice of chocolate torte. I had only had my Hexs so far today so I'm hoping it's not done too much damage..!

you get quite a bit of crackling for your syns actually. I was surprised. Your meal sounds delicious! Sounds like a great choice. I felt great with my dinner. Bloody amazing and so simple, and mum and dad's was FULL of syns and according to mum it was "pretty boring".

Of course they think you are fabby! except the boy who keeps slacking off. haha.

So disappointed, not hungry for my 2nd heb (I LOVE HEBs) or my hea beyond a dash of milk, and only had 2 syns... boo. but yay for potato filling. I do love potatoes... To which mum goes "you're part Irish and part Ukrainian, of course you love potatoes!" I figure it is a good job I don't love booze. haha.

Well I went overboard on the syns tonight. Back on it straight away!
Think my stubborn flu is paying me a return visit, as my nose is feeling very snuffly... so looking forward to having a sleep in tomorrow..kids on school holidays and hubby getting up in the morning. Feel very drained lately, but I'm sure it's to do with having a messed up sleeping pattern.
Good night girls! x

Eurgh completely bunged up :( but on a plus its pay day! Some covonia me thinks lol wi soon when I decide to crawl out of bed lol

Back