20 somethings

We are only having 40, very close family only and inviting one friend each and their partner, I was gunna invite another friend but dont think I will now as she cant be bothered to make an effort with me anymore so why waste money

Our wedding cost less than three grand - and that included £850 for the photographer, £450 for the register office and £400 for the rings!

I have noticed that lots of hotels etc often do really good package deals on weddings but I guess you can have it as cheap or as expensive as you like. One of my difficulties is OH would want a church (predictive text change that to ***** lol!!) but I don't share his religious views so really don't want that meaning if we did get married we would have to compromise leaving one of up very unhappy so its tough.

Well I went truly off plan today, after work I went to the pub intending to be good but instead I got very drunk...ate chips...then ice cream, have sobered up now but I drank about a bottle and half of wine so whoops but I did enjoy it even if I did have a month of syns in a few hours x

But I did make a discovery today, Special K Chewy Delight Dark Chocolate bars are amazing! It was lovely and you can get them for 89p for a box in Farmfoods so a bargain too

YAY star! Welcome to the chewy side! Aren't they gorgeous?! Star, I'm a bit jealous of your drunken chips and ice cream! Tonight I drank tea and pepsi max and did more bloody crochet and discussed semantics! Aahhh, *dweeb*

All this wedding talk does go over my head a bit. I've never been one to dream of weddings as a little girl or anything.

I'm going to start growing out and lightening my hair to a dark honeyed blonde/light brown I think. Looking up some new styles to see what I fancy and if I want a change on Monday. Red day went super well. woop. Green day again tomorrow so chewy delight/hifi/alpen light goodness! muahaha.

My OH had fish and chips for tea tonight. I was on a green day so I had Quorn BBQ sticky fillets, HexA of Philly and salad. It did not hit the spot! I really wanted meat but I'd already had my second HexB and there was no turning back!

Weddings are hideously expensive. My side of the family alone would be 80 people - and I see them all regularly! We're talking £10k for venue and food alone. Woe!

Fran, I'm thinking of lightening my hair too. I'm getting my hair cut next week do I'm going to ask about their 'Summer-lites' - not full on highlights but just make you look a bit sunkissed. I just want a change. I think I will have it as a target treat.

After this week's STS I'm thinking of targeting at 9st 10 to give myself a break. That would let me re-target to my original wish if need be, but take the heat off for a while. Still a while to go until I get there though.

It's nearly tomorrow hun :) I was red today but doing green tomorrow. I figure if I do one red, one green and so on I won't cry for meat or carbs. naughty OH having fish and chips in front of you! Do you have any LM ROAR sausages in?

I think targeting at 9st 10lb might be a good idea, at least for a while. you can see what it is like maintaining that weight, people will back off telling you not to lose more (you should know I get told I shouldn't be aiming to lose what I want to lose either!) and you can relax a bit. AND save pennies for the new hair colour :) I like the brown to blonde look at the moment, but I do think my hair is too dark for me at the moment, I just home dye, but all my grey hairs really stand out with this colour too... so much for covers greys!

I've picked out a few styles I like...

Shorthairstyles2013.jpg

Short-Hair-Styles-with-Bangs.jpg

medium-length-hairstyles-thick-wavy-hair-2013-1.jpg

very-short-blonde-hairstyles-for-women-celebrity-inspired-style.jpg

2013-japanese-wavy-hairstyle-short-hairstyles-2013.jpg

Nothing like totally different styles! I'll probably just end up keeping my bob. I do love it but I want a change.

I think my hair is a little too dark for me too at the moment. I dye it about every 8 weeks at home but I think to go lighter I need a hairdresser's opinion first!

I'm growing my bob out at the moment, hoping for a mid-stage like Fearne Cotton:

fearne-cotton.jpeg

fearne-cotton-wavy-bob-hairstyle-becomegorgeous-2.jpeg

I think colour-wise I'll go for something to the browner end like these - much as I'd like to see how I look as a blonde I think I'm too pale to suit it!

SC20130316-010532-1.jpg

ForumRunner_20130316_011521.png

Although if I get brave maybe I'll go for something more like this:

28020486encodingjpgsize300fallbackdefaultimage.jpeg

I did have fun but I am sure this week it will have an impact and I know today I will go over too by about 5 as had already planned it. still its not every week and I'll be jumping back on the wagon and having lots of speed foods so its going to come off even if its in two wi because I want my stone back!! I do feel rough today because I woke up at 7 so didn't have chance to sleep it off :(

I am jealous of you two with your dark hair, I am naturally a kind of medium blond colour so quite fair but I have been dying it ginger for a few years, I have recently decided to let it grow out so to speed that up I had it cut in to a short bob. My hair was quite long before that and it was so funny seeing the fear in the hairdresser when she realised I wanted over a foot cutting off lol

I love having short hair though but my hair is super thick and grows abnormally fast so it will be expensive maintaining it

I have to admit Fran I am the same when it comes to weddings, I have never really fantasied about them or even been bothered about it so I don't really see myself getting married, never say never but I just don't know.

I want kids though and recently he has been saying he doesn't think he does now so if that is the case then sadly that is too big a deal breaker for me so if he still feels the same when I have a permanent secure job then I will have to leave him

Ooh Emily I like the brave one!

Haha star, my hair is really fine and soft and struggles to grow long, it just looks nasty long even though i love long hair. My hairdresser got really excited when I wanted loads off, she spent extra time on it, playing with it because she had no one in after me. Hehe. No fear there.

Kids are a tricky one. My mum didn't want to get married or have kids, they have been married over 30 years and has 3 kids, 2 grandkids and a kind of step grandchild too. She still hates kids. Haha.

What is everyone up to this weekend?

Well I ended up flexi synning last night to around 50 (eek!!) for pizza takeaway! Was good though, and I'm having a green day today to try for a bit of damage limitation, I had only had 1/2 a syn before tea last night so wasn't as bad as it coulda been!

Still hoping for a 1lb loss this week, so gonna get right back to being super good!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am behaving all week, 100%. I had such a bad weekend last week and I somehow lost 3.5lbs, so I'm worried that it'll catch up with me this week. I had chilli with jacket potato and salad yesterday which was quite nice, but not sure what to have today. I start work at 4, and won't get back till probably midnight, so really I need to have a decent meal earlier in the day, but I hate eating lots of food that early on.

Im 20 minutes away from blackpool, some cow stole my seat on the 1st train :/ I should have held my stomach as if I was pregnant and made her feel guilty. Hopefully the weather will perk up as its raining a little in preston

OH and I are off to go on our first run in prep for the half marathon we are doing in Sept. I'm excited!

After last night's disappointing dinner I'm having a SW breakfast of champions - eggy bread (with HexB) with garlic mushrooms and crispy bacon, 1 syn of tomato ketchup, possibly followed by chopped mango.

ForumRunner_20130316_112433.png

I had such a terrible night's sleep. The OH was sleeping on the sofa because the Formula 1 starts this weekend and he wanted to be up at 5 to watch the Qualifying. In the early hours he decided to come back to bed because he was uncomfortable. He hadn't even walked through the bedroom door (which was wide open so it's not like he made much noise) when I woke up screaming. It wasn't even conscious. He rushed over to calm me down but I was in such a panic. My heart was hammering in my chest so hard and I had a really good cry. No idea what I was dreaming about or why I screamed. It's happened once before years ago when I was on my own.

Hello everyone, been a long time since I popped in, just wanted to see how everyone's going! I've been maintaining the last few weeks, cancelled my SW membership online as I'm waiting for surgery which is now booked for 11th April. Been calorie counting (kind of) to keep myself a bit under control and I've been ok. Just couldn't concentrate on SW while thinking about this surgery!

Read a bit of whats going on but not much I'm very behind haha. Just hope everyone's been doing well :)

oh ciara I'm glad you have a date for the op. It must be worrying. Is your dad going to come over again? Don't feel you can keep us company here you know! We've missed you :)

Haha, Emily I bet you scared the life out of him. Mum has them (we call them screamy screamies) usually at 00:30 if she is going to have one. It is usually down to stress. I'd say yum for breakfast but I hate eggy bread. it's vile.

How did the run go laura? Burn off any pizza ;)

I love that you counted the chips tata! How was shopping? I love shopping regardless of any size I've been.

Hope you had a good day despite the seat thing Christie.

Becci how was work? I hated shift work because it was never breakfast, lunch, dinner (sometimes I'd finish after midnight and be back in at 6:45, sometimes I'd work 22:45 - 7am so it was all screwed up).

I've missed it here Fran! Yeah delighted to have a date and get rid of this thing and stop feeling like I look bloody pregnant! Very nervous about it, never had any kind of surgery but I'm glad it's sooner rather than later.

Hmm, I have only had tonsils and c section so I don't know much about ops. I'd expect to feel a bit sore afterwards so batch cook and freeze stuff before you go so you don't have to worry about cooking or seeing delivery drivers whilst looking blurgh. And you can just relax and get better. Is it keyhole they're doing?

Talking of ops I remember jess's is supposed to be in March. I hope it goes/has gone well. It sounded so brutal. She is braver than me. I said (in group) I will have a super power when i get to Target.... I will be able to fly like the flying squirrel. Hehehe.

Back