20 somethings

It was great, the sun shone all day, then the rugby happened and my siblings have royally pissed me off! Im so angry I could quite easily uninvite the lot of them from my wedding!

Oh no. What did they do?!

Well after the game my oh posted on fb saying well done to wales, england played poor an didnt deserve to win, which for someone who is quite into their rugby and their team just lost everything its quite a gracious thing to put, anyway all my lot start commenting on it gloating, saying how wales thrashed them, english are **** etc..really taking it too far, had it been the other way round my oh wouldnt have even mentioned it other than to say unlucky, they have just pissed me off so much with their attitude towards the english im ashamed to call them family, whats it gunna be like when I start having english born children, they gunna diss them then?

I had a brilliant day but I ended up falling off plan a bit. And I now can't sleep!

After my super breakfast I took my friend and her 4 month old out for lunch - her partner is a 'visual media engineer' which basically means he does all the snazzy big TV screens, and this weekend he was away in Cardiff as he was responsible for all the TVs in the hospitality areas and main concourse of the Millennium Stadium! We went to this gorgeous café that does lovely soups and sandwiches. I opted for tomato, red pepper and chilli soup, but they'd sold out! They offered me chicken curry soup instead, which I said was okay, but it turned out to be Thai Curry - absolutely scrumptious but full of coconut milk!

Then this evening I went to pick up some gig tickets I've bought off a guy I haven't seen for 2 years. He'd been in the pub all day watching the rugby so I met him there, said I'd stay for 1 drink so I had a double vodka and Diet Coke, but I ended up staying all night and having 5 doubles instead... I think we're talking about 16-20 syns for half a tin of coconut milk alone! It was heavenly though so at least I blew them on something delicious and utterly enjoyable.

So much for a low syn week! And no dinner! How I didn't buy some sort of kebab type thing on the way home I just don't know.

I met my OH coming back from my cousin's stag do on my way back, which was really lovely as we haven't both been drunk in ages and we were very loved up! He hasn't stopped telling me how he wants to spend the rest of his life with me since we got home (well, until he fell asleep!)

Lovely to see you back, Ciara! I hope the surgery goes well - I wonder how much weight you'll basically lose overnight?!

I can't believe Jess' op has come round so soon! It always seemed ages away! Thinking of you - wherever you may be xx

Christie, hopefully it was just your family feeling overly giddy about winning. Some of my oldest friends are die-hard supporters of local football teams and they can be right idiots in the aftermath of a match - whether their team wins or loses. We just have to keep sport out of things if we want to get along! That said, I know how it feels seeing your family gang up on your OH. My partner and I both work for the MOD and have flexible working hours, so we can work anytime between 7am and 7pm as long as we average 36 hrs a week, and anything we do extra we get back as time off. Because our work level depends on what's going on in the world day to day, sometimes we'll work a 12 hour day, other days we can leave earlier. The drawback is the money is half what we'd earn in the private sector, but we like the flexibility and that we make a real difference so we don't mind about the pay. My brother and my cousins work for big financial institutions in London and work long hours, so they have really taken the piss out of my OH with the amount of time he takes off - all time he's built up from working long hours to get urgent tasks done on schedule. My cousins get the same amount of annual leave but get paid 3 times as much plus huuuge bonuses! This is one of the only perks we get. We are only allowed to carry over 21 extra hours worked every 4 weeks so he has to use it or lose it! I got really cross with them all in the end (after they'd abused him on his Facebook status for the 4th or 5th time) and pointed out how unfair they were being with all their rewards (private health, corporate hospitality, free sports tickets, staff dos, pay, bonuses) and funnily enough they had nothing to say back - and they've never done it again. Too bloody right!

At least you had a nice day CH, I would love a trip to the seaside but the closest to me is Skegness and that's a 3 hour drive each way! Plus I'd end up having fish and chips :D I do love being by the coast and I love 2p machines lol

How was Blackpool? I've often thought about going there but I was worried as it sounds like there are a lot of stag and hen do's etc

Your siblings do sound like they took it too far though so I can understand you being annoyed with them

Lyrically it sounds like you're joining my early morning club!! I would love a lie in but I can't help but wake up early and what a lovely night you had last night, like I felt the night before, if you are going to go off plan it may as well be doing something enjoyable

I agree with everyone else sending some luck and best wishes to Jess. So much braver than me as I could not go through with it

Also hope the first marathon training session went ok Camz

And Tata hope you found a nice dress for your friends wedding

I am jealous Fran of how you've always loved shopping because I really struggle being this size to find nice clothes. I miss being able to wear anything I want. I can't really even wear dresses in summer as I get so many pregnancy comments!

I wish it was just banter but their so cocky with it all the time, they always say we dont care if we lose the whole lot aslong as we beat the english, really pisses me off when I defend the english and they throw comments at me like 'your supposed to be welsh' and 'traitor' ever since I been with oh if I mention watching american football with him its like 'oh now ur with him u suddenly like nfl is it' 'now ur with him ur a newcastle fan are u' its like they think hes brainwashed me or something, plus my older brother thinks its strange that we both live off my wages like as if hes scrounging off me or something, which is a cheek coming from someone who hasnt worked for 6 years

Blackpool was good, their doing alot of roadworks there atm so looked a bit messy in places but it was nice we only walked between the north pier and the central pier as we werent really interested in the pleasure beach, we went to the sealife centre and madame tussauds which was nice

Can I be a late official joiner. I'm 26 and lost just under 3 1/2 stone since January 2012, so it's coming off very slowly.
I joined Slimming World 3 weeks ago and lost 3lbs my first week and 2 1/2 this week :)
I'm going round to my friend's house later, they're having Chinese takeaway, I'm thinking of doing myself something out of the asia book instead and bringing it in a plastic tub.

Welcome missrv and well done on ur weight loss so far! X I think doing something out of the asia book is a good idea that way u wont get tempted to have something from chinese but wont feel like u are losing out either!

Sounds like a fabulous idea, missrv! I'm hearing so many great things about the Asia book I might have to invest!

So, a cheeky mid-week weigh suggests I've lost nearly 4lb - but I know that is just me being super dehydrated after all that vodka. Still, it was great to see a definitely smaller number on the scales. I can get there!

I'm still drooling over the Thai Chicken soup from yesterday. I need to find a SW recipe!

Wow to the mega long posts this morning.

Emily your oh sounds like such a cutie and I'm glad you went out I think you needed to blow off some steam. Fingers crossed for a super loss for you come Wednesday. We have the Asia book and are planning Asia week this week coming. Pretty excited. I hope you find something tasty to replicate the soup.

Christie, sometimes we need to tell out families to back off or butt out. My brothers couldn't give a rat's arse about me so I've never had your problem, but it sounds like Emily has. Glad you had a nice trip all the same :)

Star, I was bigger than you hun, there is stuff out there. Surprisingly monsoon is pretty good for bigger sizes now, although I do think their quality has gone down a bit. New look inspire section has some good stuff too :) there are bits and bobs everywhere. Dorothy perkins, h&m, wallis. Or pop to a debenhams where you have a selection of places quite close together. I like their red herring stuff too.

Welcome miss rv. 3.5 stone doesn't sound slow to me hun! It sounds brilliant! You seem to be doing fab on sw too, well done :) I think bringing something from the Asia book is a great idea. You will have to tell us what you made. I'd suggest making extra as everyone will want to try (read eat all of) yours!

I have been naughty and keep putting off doing a dark wash. Pure laziness to be honest with you. So I was digging in the back of my drawers for some jeans because I felt like a scruffy day. I put them on and they are miles too bloody big! I wouldn't mind if they hadn't been too small for most of the time I have owned them. So I chucked a skirt on instead to see if that still fit (it does but probably not for much longer) and I didn't hate my legs in it! Woo. I slung on some leggings anyway because a) it is cold b) I've not shaved since Tuesday and c) I'm covered in bruises and scratches. I'm counting it as a win all the same.

I hope mandy is doing ok too. She's been gone for ages, and she seemed so positive before. AND I want to know how scarlet's first week at her new place went.

Woohoo! Fabulous NSVs, Fran! I managed to fit back into a size 12 denim skirt from Esprit on Friday. It had gradually got snugger and snugger until I realised I couldn't do it up without crushing some vital organs. It's now loose! I think I'm probably slimmer now than I was when I bought it.

I need to go jeans shopping. I have one pair of black skinnies that fit but other pairs are hanging off my bum. The trouble is most jean shapes are still snug on my upper thighs so I end up sticking with the poor fit bigger size!

Hey everyone, I'm still here just not been posting much as been off plan and gaining weight :( no idea how much but def more squidgy round the middle than I was.. However I have planned meals for the week, I am about to go shopping and have started the day on plan and in a good frame of mind so hoping to get back to where I was.

Thanks for thinking of me fran, check you out shrinking! :) first week went well although both girls been poorly and they kindly shared with me so I've got a cold and on antibiotics as its gone to my chest. Got to be really careful as last time I was ill and it went to my chest I ended up in hospital cos of my asthma so they are trying to nip it in the bud this time. Feeling a bit better now, just glad its stopped the chest infection in its tracks!

Welcome to the newbies and hope the oldies are well (lol).

Emily that's so cute :) me and mike had a a lovely day together yesterday too, my nephews 1st birthday- where has that year gone! Then my good friends 40th party which mike was dreading but ended up getting on really well with her boyfriend and had a great time so we had a lovely evening :)

Got some pics yesterday of us both with josh. Us with him at one day old

image-1198291721.jpg

image-385090789.jpg

And at one year old :)

image-2092022991.jpg

image-422937391.jpg

His little party was so cute, although he was a bit of a grumpus, too many people in the same place I think! Bless him although I think he had fun and liked his presents! Got a text from my sister in law this morning saying that he loves his potsy that we got him (leapfrog cooking pot toy that sings) but he has been cooking his rubber ducks and cackling as he does it haha! Little evil genius lol

Anyway I will, I WILL be in more regularly and stick to plan and lose the weight I've gained. Chicken curry for tea, looking forward to it :) x

yay for the skirt emily. I'm similar, I seem to have a strange body shape for jeans 16s are a little muffin topped, 18s gape and fall down :s I just have to make sure the 16s are pulled up properly

aww your nephew sounds and looks so cute. you look smaller between those two pictures too :) sorry you aren't well, kids are kind like that! Hopefully we will pester you into staying on plan :) yum for curry. we're having a veggie curry tomorrow.

Well chuffed ladies look how much weight ive lost

ForumRunner_20130317_135119.png

Lol I wish!

CH I am jealous you got to go to a Sealife! I love that kind of place, theBirmingham one is my favorite. I went to Newquay last year and they let you feed the Meercats and Penguins and that was the best lol

I am sorry you get that hassle from your family though, at least you don't feel the same as they do so the best you can do is ignore them as much as possible.

Welcome MissRV, wow you have done great so far and it sounds like you're planning well so I am sure you will do great

Star, I was bigger than you hun, there is stuff out there. Surprisingly monsoon is pretty good for bigger sizes now, although I do think their quality has gone down a bit. New look inspire section has some good stuff too :) there are bits and bobs everywhere. Dorothy perkins, h&m, wallis. Or pop to a debenhams where you have a selection of places quite close together. I like their red herring stuff too.

I hope mandy is doing ok too. She's been gone for ages, and she seemed so positive .

I mostly buy my clothes from Primark, Sainsburys or Asda because the clothes sections are so big near me and its affordable too. How does it feel to be able to buy smaller clothes now? I bet its great!

One of the things I am looking forward to most is going on a big shopping spree when I hit target, every 1lb I lose I put £2 aside so that's going to be quite a lot of money

Totally agree about Mandy. She had been struggling but was so positive and it felt like she was in the right place to do it so I hope she is ok too

Scarlet you look so different in the now pic, great work and what a cute kid

I have a pork joint cooking in the oven and it smells so nice its making me really hungry

Hey everyone :)

Well I've not heard from my friends :( but thats ok because I've been cooking all day :) I've done the sweet and sour but I did prawns because I'm a pescatarian. It looks lovely, just waiting for the noodles now then all good :)

Hope everyone is having a fab weekend, what ever is left of it :(

I'm sooo hungover. I think you're right, Fran - I needed to let my hair down and shake a load of stuff out.

Scarlett, your nephew sounds and looks adorable! And I agree you can really see the difference between the two photos! You're doing fabulously and I know you'll get right back on plan when you're ready.

I took the OH to the coffee place I went to yesterday with my friend because it's exactly his sort of place. And I desperately wanted more Thai Chicken Soup! I just decided I should have what I fancied otherwise I'd just pick at all sorts and not feel satisfied. I could go back every day! It's the tastiest thing I've had in a long time.

That soup sounds amazing Emily, love Thai food and anything coconutty gets my vote! Def agree with having what you fancy on a hangover, would be too easy to go mad if you deprive yourself!
I've got such a hunger on today, might have to make this curry earlier than planned!

Aww thanks girls not sure what the weight difference actually is but I think its partly flukey photography!

Such a good idea putting money aside each pound lost for new clothes, bet you'll have fun on that shopping spree :)

Nice that Sunday isn't such a drag for me now, and I've got lucky with my next few weeks- I do one week of 5 days and one of 4, this week being a 4 but because of easter and the bank hols the next 3 weeks are 4 day, 4 day and 3 day! Long weekends- yay! :)

Hehe Christie where was that? Random headless body lol!

Star ooh pork roast would go down a treat right now! Might have to plan one for next weekend!

Can't hear the tv over my rumbling tummy so I'm off to make dinner! Yummers! Xx

Back