20 somethings

Oh and the pregnant one is with one of our duty managers so she never rings in sick, she never gets told off for not ringing in and they dont say anything to her about the amount of absences shes had since getting pregnant, she wasnt even with him more than a few weeks before getting pregnant and it was apparently a planned pregnancy so they were clearly together before they admitted it which we all kind of figured out by the way they acted but she was seeing another guy who works here at the time! Sorry for the rant lol she just pisses me off!

at 31 weeks she may as well go on maternity leave so you can get cover for that period. How annoying. I left at 31 weeks, I saw us through x-mas and new years, got the new manager up to date, did the rotas for the next 4 weeks after I left with a note on each of the staff members, e.g. one doesn't work weekends or tuesday daytimes, she prefers 2 night shifts usually tuesday and thursday, and one evening shift. To make his life easier then I left, packed up my home and moved several hundred miles. pregnancy isn't an illness that renders you incapable. one of the girls was recommended to be my replacement and I said I didn't think she was ready yet, so instead she got together with my replacement and has been off sick most of the time she has been pregnant because she didn't want to come in to work. (Yep, I still get lots of gossip)

lol muzza, in this weather I suggest waders and a big thick jumper! brrr.

Well done tata, be prepared to be faced with a lot of cake.

HAHA Fran you might be right, be more comfortable as well :) prob wont do much for me though haha

Oh ch that sounds rubbish I hope it isn't too busy if you are left alone. Keep smiling

She went home last week after getting to work and her trousers not fitting her so they gave her money to go to asda which is 2 min walk to get some trousers that fit and she never came back, thing is she had worn the trousers just 4 days before yet they fitted then? Ive never been 30 weeks pregnant before but im sure 4 days wouldnt make that huge a difference!

Its not too bad atm but my only backup is about to go on lunch so I will spend the last hour with no one to call really except the forklift drivers lol

Im annoyed aswell as shes booked a week of work holiday at the end of april when I wanted it off and so I cant have the days off that she works which is the main day I work a full shift even though she will be 37 weeks then and definately wont be here so I reckon they should give me it anyway and pay for someone else to cover her

Im sure her maternity starts when her holiday week ends, probably how she planned it :/

So ladies I just went to my friends for dinner and she's on slimming world so the food was good enough and low syns however she had (bless her) bought me a chocolate bday cake and put decs up. So lovely! The cake was immense! I'm not even feeling guilty cos I really do have some lovely friends.

Ch like fran said she must be on maternity leave by then they can't not give u holiday that's harsh speak to your boss(although if he's the one with her he might not be any use) still try and speak to someone about it though.

fran what curry did you make :)

So OHs gran has given us their actifry as they no longer use it (grandad poorly etc)!! I'm well pleased - now to try not to have chips 7 nights a week haha! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Ive spoke to one of them about it already and he said he would look into it as they was gunna be getting someone in to cover her now that we had more budget for it but he aint done nothing yet so will have to have another word on tuesday since its not long now

Yay Laura! It'll be tempting! If I have enough pennies I will get one for my new place. Well, a Phillips airfryer. Sorry to hear about your Grandad though :(

Aww muzza so sweet. I will be making a cake on saturday for nate. Decided simple is best, not sure if it'd be better to do wee buns instead. Thinking fairy cakes. Or something naughty and chocolatey. Got to love naughty cake. Birthday cake is syn free right?

Got to build nate's chair yet too, and wrap his animals, pirates and books and finish off his blanket. Nearly finished. Gone a lot less overboard this year. I have seen some things I'd like for him for the new place (furniture) and he has loads already. Might need a man with a lorry looking at all his stuff. Moving my piano is going to be the worst! But when it is settled it can be re-tuned and I can play again!

I missed such a lot yesterday!!

But today has not started well, there is thick snow everywhere! I hate driving in snow x

No chance of a lie in with my neighbour and her silly yappy dogs that bark every time they leave the house! She lives round the corner but parks her car outside my house and it take her ages to get into the car with the dogs, must have been dozing for about 5mins after mike left before the incessant barking commenced. It happens over the weekend too but its more annoying when you are off in the week somehow! Gave up and got up!
Washing on, washing up done (that was mikes job- grrr!) bedroom and living room tidied and breakfast eaten. Not moving for the rest of the morning now :D

Finding it harder to keep on plan as this week has gone on but I'm determined not to keep letting the slip ups define how the rest of the week will go. I'm going to stop annoying you all with my daily food and bite the bullet and start a diary!

Going to pick me car up later, looking forward to getting my own little car back but sad to give the lovely new corsa back! Maybe one day I can have one myself!

Fran- birthday cake is definitely syn free and tastes sooo good! can't wait for monday for my mcdonalds haha weigh in first. Got my friends from london coming down tonight and heading out drink drink drink :) Aw lovely nate is going to love it all how sweet! You're such a lovely mummy!

Tata you look great well done :) it's all worthwhile when you fit into certain clothes isnt it.

Star its not snowing here but is windy and cold and will prob rain later...urgh I hate going out in the rain. I will just have to drink through it.

Oh scarlett that sounds so annoying!! I have kids in flat next door to me and they are always so noisy!

Back