20 somethings

Oh dear, it sounds like some of you had pretty bad days.

Like you said Harley it was just an it'll do car so I am sure the car you really want will come up soon but i would feel the same as you do now

That's kind of rubbish for you Fran and I can imagine the atmosphere can be strained at times so the sooner you and Nate are sorted the better. Have they had many viewings of the house?

I can't be of much help because my parents are still together so I can only guess what you go through but like has been said its better to be happy apart than miserable together and I hope your dad gets the help he needs.

Hope you are having fun on your holiday Lyrically and that the weather is ok where you are

The snow has been constant all day here so it has become stupidly thick and next time I want to get my car out i will have to dig it out :(

I have a big interview on Monday so am stressing about what to do footwear wise if the snow and ice is still this bad because I never expected it so hadn't prepared for this. I will wear a very smart dress but snow boots don't really give the right impression lol

Star they can't expect you to totter in wearing heels on the ice! Can you take a canvas bag with dressy smart shoes in and wear your boots to the door, then swap to the smart shoes? If they judge you for wearing appropriate footwear for the conditions then they are knobs and you probably don't want to work for them! Lol Xx

We're staying in Wookey and we're at the top of a hill so we're okay!

We've got a 2-bed apartment and even though we live together it's lovely to have this place to ourselves. It's just the escape I needed.

I have really been enjoying it! Last night I had fillet of beef with horseradish rosti, balsamic shallots and beetroot puree followed by a white chocolate and raspberry creme brulee! Scrummy! It's just all the unnecessary chocolate that's been killing me. I need to learn to say no!

To be honest hun I think that's my best option and if they don't understand then its their issue not mine.

The sneaky way I am looking at it is if I make it in this weather then is shows dedication on my part because I really want this job

Here's a picture of this morning's hot chocolate in Wells Market!

The second picture is the sign we picked up in the Flea Market! We thought it would be perfect for our bathroom when we move... :D

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130323_224602.png
    ForumRunner_20130323_224602.png
    478.6 KB · Views: 40
  • ForumRunner_20130323_224645.png
    ForumRunner_20130323_224645.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 43
Oh emily that sounds lush! it is ok to over indulge when on holiday :) although feeling yicky from it isn't probably the best plan it will soon pass.

Star, I agree completely with scarlet. Make sure you ring ahead to see that the interview is still on given the weather. My friends have been putting up pictures of being snowed in! I think it will show great dedication on your part :) we will have our fingers crossed for you

Here's a picture of this morning's hot chocolate in Wells Market!

The second picture is the sign we picked up in the Flea Market! We thought it would be perfect for our bathroom when we move... :D

Lyricallylittle if your tablecloth is pink like it looks, I have the same one. :p

Fran its harder for my dad as he has my nan to deal with and must feel like he needs her more but they been living apart since I was 6/7 as my mum had a job on the railway and there was a promotion in worcester and she needed to take it to pay the mortgage on the house in wales, she came down every weekend then, now its every fortnight as she works for tesco now but she loves having her own life up there aswell and isnt ready to give it up to move back yet which annoys my dad, they are fine when together its just when shes away he gets grumpy about it and my sister and brother stirring crap all the time doesnt help either

Hope u are having a fab time emily despite the weather x

Wow that hot choc looks amazing!! I'm thinking after WI on Monday I may treat myself to one!

Girls it sounds like your all having a rough time family wise, I'm so sorry :( my parents are still together but have had times where its been hell. I seem to remember my dad throwing a book at mum when I was younger, luckily I think he aimed to miss but I was terrified. They are ok now and mum has planned to retire this year and dad next so they are a lot happier as they both have stressful jobs, so the thought of the end being in sight gives them something to look forward to I guess.

I think that def shows dedication to the job to still go to the interview! I agree with the others tho, phone ahead and take extra shoes to change into. Good luck! Am sure you'll be fine :)

I can't wait till this snow clears! Sounds like we have nothing compared to the rest of you but its still annoying to have an inch of snow and its so damned cold! The worst part is wer lambing at home, so I'm constantly taking my coat on and off and getting wet arms, felt terrible last night after getting so chilled! Fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours and then slept for 12 hours last night, and still feel tired!

I'm off to light the fire! Xxxx

Morning ladies, and happy birthday to Nate!

friday was a good night very drunken met a hot boy haha but he lives away so that's over before it even begins.

i was so bad this weekend, Friday I pretty much ate a whole pizza because it was the easiest food to get in for everyone and didnt wanna cook. I went for breakfast with my friends on sat after our night out and lots of alcohol, and I had a breakfast baguette so egg, sausage and bacon then a hash brown on the side.

then I went to shop and bought monster munch and hula hoops, I ate them throughout the day. I did make slimming world dinner of steak and chips but also ate chocolate. Uh ohhh oh well I'm back on it today. But I will be having McDonald's tomoro night for my bday.

How was everyone's weekend? Xxx

StarGirl I think that's the best option as well, change shoes at the door. Hope it goes well for you!
Haha I love that sign Lyrically!
Happy Birthday to Nate, Fran :)
Sounds like you're having a good birthday weekend Muzza!

Sorry to hear about the family troubles :-( My parents have never been together either so I can't really comment but I do have a very disfucntional family so can sympathise there!

It's our wedding anniversary today so we celebrated yesterday as DH is away for work today. Had some treats but I didn't overindulge too much so hoping to see at least a 2lb loss for Wednesday, only lost 0.5lb so far lol I can dream! Off for a swim tonight, gym tomorrow and a 5.5k walk on Tuesday.

That hot chocolate looks divine and I love that sigh

Glad you are having fun Muzza, your birthday is only one day a year so have your fun and as long you get back on plan afterwards you'll be fine

Congratulations on your wedding anniversary Dani

Well its still thick snow here and for the third day in a row it is still coming down but only lightly, there is no way it will be good by tomorrow and looking at the forecast i think we might be getting a white Easter. Thanks ladies on your support re the shoe issue I know how important first impressions are so I just want everything in my control to go as well as it can x

Happy birthday nate x hope he enjoys his day and his lovely pressies

Food hasnt been too bad this weekend I suppose had fish and chips friday from chippy but only had a handfull of the chips and mostly ate the fish without the batter, yesterday we had a cooked dinner as we wont have time today before we go back home so that was mostly good just some syns on gravy and yorkshire pud, although my younger brother bought me a twirl easter egg so will have to be careful with that lol my mum will be giving money instead of an egg thankfully

Thanks guys. he is napping now. His chair has been renamed as his throne. haha, he was very excited, even more so by the MASSIVE toy from my parents. I said it'll have to be a toy that lives with nana and gaga. Haha.

Muzza, I have food envy for all that rubbish. super hungry and 2 hours until lunch! Woop for the hot boy, however fleeting.

yum for the easter egg christie. They are so synful and unsatisfying I didn't bother with one last year. yay for pennies from your mum. That should help you out.

oh chunky (clare? I take a while with names) that sounds rotten being so cold. I hope the lambs are doing ok. The lambs by us are huge already and we are being overrun by baby bunnies. Got to love spring, if only the weather agreed!

Sounds very active Danni, and happy anniversary :) I'm bloody queen of the non-moving scales at the moment. Here's hoping for a good loss for us both this week.

Aww so cute with his throne :)

My exercise plans hav changed already lol Did the gym tonight now I'm sleepy so swim 2moz and nothing on Tuesday as forgot I had a guest coming for the week! Will be making my friends a SW friendly meal :) xx

Back