20 somethings

I'm a vet, its rubbish! I mainly do large animal work, its soooooo cold!!! Xxx

its not rubbish!!!!! I'm in awe. I lived on a farm for 2 years and my parents are both from farming backgrounds so I love me a moo cow. Not so keen on catching lambs and have a little obsession with John Deere tractors ! Hehe x

Don't be in awe, its a seriously rubbish job and at the moment I want out! I leave home at 8am, don't get back till 7pm at best, most nights get called out for something hideous at any time of night, only to have to work 8-7 again the next day, i get grief from irate farmers, then come home to one! I less money per hour than I would working on the tills in tesco, and only get 2 weekends off a month. If I take holidays I still have to do my nights on call, otherwise do more when I'm at work, and its so damn cold in constantly sick!

Rant over! I ate chocolate cake today, and you know what.... It was damn good!! Xxx

Hi everyone!!!

Its the bank holiday at last!!! So of course when I don't have to get up for work I wake up at my normal time and can't get back to sleep

For those of up lucky enough to be off, I hope we all manage to have some fun. I don't have any plans but 4 days away from my manager is a real treat

All this talk of Chocolate cake is making me hungry lol

Chunkymiss that sounds really stressful but I guess being chucked in at the deep end initially would have been great for learning, would you be able to work in a regular vets (the type you take your dog too etc) to maybe get better hours in the future? Still the fact you get to be around animals is pretty amazing x

Don't be in awe, its a seriously rubbish job and at the moment I want out! I leave home at 8am, don't get back till 7pm at best, most nights get called out for something hideous at any time of night, only to have to work 8-7 again the next day, i get grief from irate farmers, then come home to one! I less money per hour than I would working on the tills in tesco, and only get 2 weekends off a month. If I take holidays I still have to do my nights on call, otherwise do more when I'm at work, and its so damn cold in constantly sick!

Rant over! I ate chocolate cake today, and you know what.... It was damn good!! Xxx

oh my goodness! I can't believe the money thing. That's madness! Mmmmmm chocolate cake *drools* xxx

How did I know I wasnt gunna get away with having easter monday off :/ lol just got a fb message asking if I can work cos luke messed up on the rotas, only 4 hours tho and I would have had to pop in anyway to check my hours for next week as they are a bit weird so 10-2 it is

Oh no CH that's rubbish but like you say at least it's only 4 hours and hopefully you will get double time with it being a bank holiday :)

We never get extra pay lol just extra hours towards hols, but I figured its the least I could do as it was the manager who is with the pregnant one who asked and she had holiday booked that I wanted and couldnt have one of the days on may 2nd as we both work that day and so mine was rejected for that day as hers was put in first but yesterday she told him she would work that day so I could have it off and keep her hol hours from that day for when she comes back to work in November so I was very grateful for that lol

Well I lost 2lb this week, totally undeserved as I didnt even try! I ate deep fat fried chips for two days, syrup pudding and custard, meal out wednesday and monday!

Oh Christie, if only I had your luck! After my week away I am 3.5lbs up! Not surprised, would have liked less but I was prepared(ish) for a couple more.

I'm back on it. Just made a quick tomato and lentil soup which the OH loved (and apparently he's really fussy about soup) and had it with my Hex B of Ryvita. I've got until Weds to pull it back...

My wisdom teeth are killing me. I think my bottom ones are about to come through and it's bringing on a migraine. :grumble:

Happy belated birthday, muzza! Well done for all the losses, ladies!

Lol wish I had that luck all the time, started my sw mixed with 5:2 diet today decided on monday and wednesday as fasting days as I am free to excercise to earn myself more food lol I just spent 40 mins on treadmill at 411 calories burnt so on a fasting day if I can do that I can eat nearly twice as much food so wont feel like im going without, im gunna start with some upper arm excercises too even if its doing something simple while im watching tv to shrink my flabby arms lol

Thankfully my wisdom teeth have settled down for now lol and also stopped scratching the inside of my cheek as that was really annoying

So quiet here last few days

The Joker got SOTW *AND* SOTM today. ^_^

Well done to him :)

Hi ladies, how's everyone's Easter weekends going so far? My will power is beyond impressive... Apart from 4 mini eggs! There is chocolate everywhere, I've NEVER been this good before!!

Hope everyone is well :)

Back