20 somethings

I got the app called calorie counter (pic of footprints on scales on icon) seems quite good atm (only got it today) as it has loads of foods from restaurants and fastfoods aswell as branded foods from supermarkets, make looking for things easier!

Loads of recipes too

There u go, just resting and sleeping I burn 2773calories a day!

ForumRunner_20130403_213236.png

The resting obviously includes my active lifestyle that I put in my profile setup because of my job

I have just had a look on MFP online rather than my phone app and not it seems to make more sense but it does seem quite american but the calories seem to match the packets of what I had so I might use that along with SW for a couple of weeks, I know it defeats the object of SW but I need to get my portions under control as I will keep eating when I am full for the sake of it

Seriously, is that really how many you burn sleeping? I think I should sleep more lol

I know lol and I think counting calories too will help u as we dont realise that there is a fair amount of calories in fruit when u eat alot and because they are free on sw we can just eat as many as we want without thinking about it, I think it should still be controlled calorie wise too to help with portion control like u said, maybe use a smaller plate like fran too haha x

Well done on your loss Fran!

camz that iPhone app sounds evil! lol I am going to come back an read your pep talk after my hol next week!

Sorry to hear about your Dad jo, wishing him a speedy recovery x

I'm gonna download that app and have a nosy CH2b :)

Rubbish desk job!

Attachments

• image-1690029758.jpg
    image-1690029758.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 44
Have to admit, I'm very sceptical that we burn that many calories when resting and sleeping lol! I use the MFP app on my phone, only use it for tracking on Fast days though.

Have a good day everyone!

Well it makes sense given that the daily guidelines of the amount of calories they say a man and woman should eat are up in the 2000s and 3000s, I know it factors in weight and stuff etc..for more accurate amount, i guess we will never really understand how it works properly but will see what happens, im happy to follow anything that looks healthy and gives results, I dont want to do any crash diets and ones where I need to starve to lose weight lol im happy enough following sw but trying this fast diet to boost and start losses again

My next goals are:-
1) -4.5 - Easter gain gone, and 2 stone award back (11st 9)
2) -3lbs - below 11st 7, mental block (11st 6)
3) -2lbs - overweight category, no longer obese (11st 4)
4) -5lbs - below 11st (10st 13)

I think giving myself something to aim for may help! Here I go again!!

Thought I would share to spur me on, what are yours? Xxx

Last edited:
Morning ladies :)

My goals...
1. Stay on plan for a full week. I'm going to reward myself with a new purchase everytime I do this.
2. Get my 3 stone award back. (-7lbs)
3. Get my 3.5 stone award back. (-14lbs)
4. Target of 8st 11lbs (-17lbs)
5. Not to be so bloody hard on myself when I get to target.

Jenna your goals are fabulous!! And I love your idea of a treat after every on plan week! You are genuinely my inspiration and have the figure I hope to achieve!!

I have to lose double the amount you do, but I plan to be keeping up with your journey every step of the way to keep me going!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all, jenna I think I will join you with the purchase after each week on plan (and not a takeaway!) as I've been struggling to stay in plan for a day at a time let alone a week :(
Had an interesting chat with mike on our walk yesterday. I've been feeling a bit down (selfishly) since his Bro and his gf got engaged at the weekend as I thought we would be first having been together longer, pathetic I know but been a bit insecure about it as he said last year it would be this year but still seems no closer to asking. Anyway he told me last night he has a plan money wise, and that's why he is waiting a bit. Anyway his plan is that we will be engaged towards the end of the year and getting married next year! Almost squealed at him but resisted! I need to get my head down with this weight loss if I have 2 weddings next year :D x

Morning all, jenna I think I will join you with the purchase after each week on plan (and not a takeaway!) as I've been struggling to stay in plan for a day at a time let alone a week :(
Had an interesting chat with mike on our walk yesterday. I've been feeling a bit down (selfishly) since his Bro and his gf got engaged at the weekend as I thought we would be first having been together longer, pathetic I know but been a bit insecure about it as he said last year it would be this year but still seems no closer to asking. Anyway he told me last night he has a plan money wise, and that's why he is waiting a bit. Anyway his plan is that we will be engaged towards the end of the year and getting married next year! Almost squealed at him but resisted! I need to get my head down with this weight loss if I have 2 weddings next year :D x

Oh Scarlett you lucky thing, that's brilliant!! I know exactly how you feel, chris and I have been together 9 years next month and soo many of my friends are now getting engaged after like 18 months together! I am seriously green with envy, but he is much more sensible than me; we can't afford to buy a house, let alone pay for a wedding, so why get engaged for years! I do get it, but it's still hard always being the one to hear "ooh it'll be you next!!" Haha!

At least you have a time frame in mind lovely!! Xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thanks laura, although nice to be grounded it's annoying having a sensible boyfriend sometimes isn't it? Bloody men and their logic..
We want to to save for a house too but the way I see it, it's going to take years to get a deposit together so if we do that first, then save for wedding, it will be years and years before babies come along and I can't wait that long!
We are going to open an account and put whatever we can save in there and take bits out as we go along. Will be a low budget wedding as don't see the point of spending loads for one day, an expensive wedding doesn't necessarily mean a happy marriage, if anything more likely to be the opposite if you start in loads of debt! I'm just too impatient though.
How long do you think it will be before you have a house? X

You ladies sound so grown up with your house talk...I live in a bedroom at my parents house *sobs* haha! That's super news Scarlett and definitely motivation in itself.
Laura I am more than happy to try and keep each other motivated, why must it be so bloody hard? I mean I've been eating healthily for 24 hours now so I fail to understand why I'm not skinny yet?lol! I think that's my problem now...impatience. I'm good for a couple of days and because the weight doesn't fall off I go off the rails!

I know that "You'll be next feeling" used to hate it and people can be so rude!

My Husband (now!) took 6 years to propose once we had our house together etc so we got married on our anniversary so we can celebrate being together and our marriage on the same day :)

Last day at work today I'm totally in holiday mood so going to leave any fixed goals until I'm back, I have the ones in my signature but think I need to set myself a time line!

Hope everyones day is going ok xx

Back