20 somethings

Really glad it went well Jess, looking good!! :) What's the recovery time estimated to be before it eases for you? xx

Really glad it went well Jess, looking good!! :) What's the recovery time estimated to be before it eases for you? xx
Thanks jo! They say to do nothing for 6 weeks but I don't think it will be that long, I think I've been very lucky cos already at 1 week I feel amazing, going to take it easy for a couple of weeks but I can feel myself getting stronger everyday, they say you don't see your final result for a good several months because of swelling, I'm actually weighing up on the scales but my hips and thighs are double the size they were when I went into hospital and when I touch them they wiggle like a water bed, so very swollen!! X
I want to lose between 8 stone 10 and 9 stone 10, so I think I will have a fair amount of skin left over when I finish. Not looking forward to it.
All you can do it go to your gp, it's possible on nhs, I was rejected and applied a second time and have been so lucky. You never know your skin might have amazing elasticity and bounce back more then you expect!! X

I did giggle at your bucket of skin. Hehe. He sounds like a wonderful surgeon. I'm had you kinda knew what it would be like to have abdominal surgery. This must mean the fags have gone too? :)

Campstar, I want to lose 9 stone 12lbs (plus 12lbs pre sw) I've not lost 5 stone 5.5lbs (plus the afore mentioned 12lbs) and I don't have any loose skin YET. Everyone's body reacts differently. I'm afraid I'm no where near as brave as Jess and will gladly be tucking any and all skin in my knickers!

I did giggle at your bucket of skin. Hehe. He sounds like a wonderful surgeon. I'm had you kinda knew what it would be like to have abdominal surgery. This must mean the fags have gone too? :)

Campstar, I want to lose 9 stone 12lbs (plus 12lbs pre sw) I've not lost 5 stone 5.5lbs (plus the afore mentioned 12lbs) and I don't have any loose skin YET. Everyone's body reacts differently. I'm afraid I'm no where near as brave as Jess and will gladly be tucking any and all skin in my knickers!

Haha. Yes tomorrow I will have been quit smoking a month!! And feel amazing for it. In my whole life I have never felt anything like after this operation but I'd do it again in a heart beat xx

My arms seem to be sagging slightly already. I hope I can fix this with exercise and it is early days yet.

My arms seem to be sagging slightly already. I hope I can fix this with exercise and it is early days yet.
Still time, my body changed a lot when I got to target xx
Oh well done hun. You keep up the no smoking! How are your gorgeous girlies?

You are very brave and determined though. I hate hospitals as it is, it depends on how my skin is at target I guess and if I feel brave (i am a wimp).

How did you feel half way through your weightloss?

Thanks fran, oh my girls are amazing, I had 6 drains in hospital coming out of me everywhere and blood was so low for first 4 days that everytime the nurses stood me up my blood pressure dropped and I collapsed so by the times i was okay to see the girls it was time to come home, I didn't see them for a week and cried like a baby when I walked through my front door to them yesterday, they were full of kisses and cuddles and had made me lots of cards. They have been running around after me all day wearing their nurses outfits. How is Nate? Half way through my weightloss, skin wise I didn't have an issue, it wasn't until I got to target that I really recognised how big of a problem my tummy was x

Cample, there are ways of gaining some elasticity back or to limit the sag as u lose the weight but with as much weight to lose as we do we have to expect some, just drink lots of water as this will keep the skin moist inside out which will help the skin mould to your new body shape better also lots of protein helps and some vitamins are good for the skin and will help with the same thing, its all about taking care of ur skin throughout ur weightloss

Cample, there are ways of gaining some elasticity back or to limit the sag as u lose the weight but with as much weight to lose as we do we have to expect some, just drink lots of water as this will keep the skin moist inside out which will help the skin mould to your new body shape better also lots of protein helps and some vitamins are good for the skin and will help with the same thing, its all about taking care of ur skin throughout ur weightloss

Thank you. Out comes the water bottle tomorrow. Haven't been too good today so need to be back tomorrow. I want to lose 5lbs before Friday.

Just try not to put too much pressure on with high targets x

I lost 9lb my first week but I know most of that was water. I need a push this week. I've done we'll but just starting to slack. It hasn't helped having 2 weeks off work for Easter so back on track completely tomorrow. Really wanna reach that 3 stone.

I lost 9lb my first week but I know most of that was water. I need a push this week. I've done we'll but just starting to slack. It hasn't helped having 2 weeks off work for Easter so back on track completely tomorrow. Really wanna reach that 3 stone.

It'll all come off eventually love, just stick with it! Are you a teacher by any chance? X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm a teaching assistant doing my higher level course, but I teach dance at weekends normally. So I've had 2 weeks off from both.

I'm a teaching assistant doing my higher level course, but I teach dance at weekends normally. So I've had 2 weeks off from both.

Ahh lovely :) I'm a teacher, primary school, need to get back in the zone tomorrow ready for Monday!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I work in a primary school. Exactly get ready for back to work. We have a training day on Monday too which usually involves sweets and cake. I set up a weight loss group for staff in school last term. People pay £1 each week to get weighed then before summer we take all the money and have a night out. Do a weekly winner too. There are about 10 of us that do it.

Back