20 somethings

Haha Fran that's a great idea because its so hard to judge especially (i find) pasta. It looks like I've invited the world and his dog to join us when i make pasta!

One thing I found really helpful is a set of measuring cups, i got mine from one of many £1 shops and its like a big ring with 4 measuring cups and 5 measuring spoons and its great, only cheap plastic but brilliant. Do you have a moving date?

And cottage pie sounds amazing!!

mmm cottage pie. I'm quite good with rice and pasta as I weigh them out. it is just everything else really.

I should be moving on the 10th with rent starting on the 13th. Still got to pick out and buy flooring for everything but the kitchen, bathroom and downstairs loo.... yep... I have a downstairs loo! and a balcony opening up from the lounge, then steps down to a patio and then onto a lawn. 2 massive double bedrooms AND a study! furniture is all sorted and I got some gorgeous curtains from the charity shop yesterday. I just need to let down the hem 5cm, which there's plenty enough fabric to do. Got a bunch of curtains and blinds I'm getting from my parent's other house to do temporarily. And I can rob their rails. I did awesome charity shop buying yesterday... including a size 14 dress :D

Hello, thought i'd pop in as i always feel quite lonely on here as everyone seems to be older than me and i can never relate to anything lol.
I'm 21, lost just over a stone since the 1st March.. Tried SW before but fell off the wagon after having a miscarriage in December. All been ok since i got back on plan, hope i haven't spoke too soon. I want to be at or close to target at Christmas 2013 :) xxxx

Hey everyone

We have been quiet this week :)

Muzza hope you're better now x

I put on 4.5lbs last week over 2 weeks and this week I lost 5.5! I'm assuming it went on fast so it's come off fast!

Well done Clare, I also ate a whole pack of ham in an hour this week lol

Lucy looks like you're doing really well too :)

You must be so excited with your move Fran, impressed you can let down the hem on curtains, I'm not very good with that sort of thing!
What was your dress like?

Hi cherryheart sounds like you have had a stressful time xx well done for getting yourself back on track x

Determined to have another good week because the week after I have my Dad visiting, going for at least 1 meal out and going for brunch!

Hi cherry! Hope your well, I had a similar experience which piled the weight on, but onwards and upwards :)

I feel really bloated this morning. I have the implant and its disrupted TOTM, I don't have anything for months then its there for about 4 weeks! Thinking its coming now though with how sore and huge my lower tummy feels :(

Welcome lucy and cherry and well done on the losses so far, sorry to hear about such a distressing time for u cherry but glad u have found the strength to jump back on the sw bandwagon x

Eek getting closer now fran! I think u will be fine when u move in regards to portions, ur too motivated to lose sight of the end goal!

Danni well done on shifting that gain and more!

My eye has been twitching on and off for about two weeks now, first I thought it was tiredness but its never done it before and ive had way less sleep than this before as lately ive been sleeping alot better so no I dunno why its doing it, my eyesight is only just slightly off so I doubt it would be that, im not sure if im stressed worse than I have been before :/

Clare I wish mine would hurry up im already a week late and I know im not pregnant as that part of our relationship is on hold until at least 1 month before wedding as I aint getting a dress that will hold in a pregnant belly as well as all my stomach fat lol and im allergic to different contraceptives

Mine appeared on Sunday 4 days late!!

CH have you been to see an optician to see what they say? Last thing you need at the mo!

Also have you looked at getting a fertility app as this shows you when you're fertile and when you're not, works well for me and I give it a week either side of the fertile time to be exxtra safe. x

Thanks Danni, Feeling a lot better just still a bit light headed and a lot of bleeding :( but glad I'm on the mend just have to wait for another 3 weeks for results but i'm sure they will all be fine. Good luck staying on track danni, i had a bad weekend and weighed monday and I was on 4 pounds (I didnt go to weigh in) so all hands on deck to lose it by next monday. I have been very much on plan every day so far so fingers crossed.

Welcome cherry and Lucy. Everyone's so nice here you will fit in just fine.

Fran that is so exciting your new place sounds amazing, my flat is so iddy in comparison. But I'm very happy for you and nate you will have to send us pics when you're all moved in.

Clare I know your pain I have been on implant for nearly 6 years (well 2 seperate ones) I always find the first year is horrible then it settles and i don't tend to get anything. I didnt have a period for around 6 months before my biopsy last week. I'd forgotten what it was like haha. Hope it settles soon.

It's hump day everyone so smiles all round please x

Hi, I'm 22 and joined slimming world in Feb 12. Stopped going for a while so been back at group since end of Oct 12 and I've lost 2stone.

Mine appeared on Sunday 4 days late!!

CH have you been to see an optician to see what they say? Last thing you need at the mo!

Also have you looked at getting a fertility app as this shows you when you're fertile and when you're not, works well for me and I give it a week either side of the fertile time to be exxtra safe. x

Ye im short sighted in one and long sighted in the other but only slightly so only need standard glasses for computer use and reading but ive never had the twitching before until the last two weeks so I dont really know whats different that would cause it as my eyes been bad for a few years from working at a computer screen all day, not tired as much as I used to be and not at my most stressful point that I know of but maybe the late period and the twitching should be a sign that maybe it is lol

Tbh im so tired most nights I cba anyway, already into the married phase lol he aint too bothered either he is happy enough with cuddles for now lol

Welcome shroom x

Tbh im so tired most nights I cba anyway, already into the married phase lol he aint too bothered either he is happy enough with cuddles for now lol

Haha CH that made me laugh so much!! Brightened up my sneaky peak at my phone at work lol

Hello every one else and welcome to our further new comers x

Made me laugh too :)

That's weird about your eye though, I would maybe go to an optician if it doesn't clear up. My eye tests were always free at Asda although was hard to get an appointment.
Or if you're working on a computer a lot try focusing on something far away through the day to "exercise" your eye lol xx

Hehe, that made me laugh too!

We're in the 'make up' stage atm, after so much arguing over the last few months, we're a bit more settled and happy at the moment, so there has been a lot of make ups! Just hope TOTM comes soon coz I feel so bloated I want it out the way and to stop craving chocolate!

Woohoo totm! Lol never been so happy to see it, im away for the week from friday so its the last thing I want while im away luckily mine only last 3/4 days so shouldnt interfere too much

I definately need to get my glasses but its having the money as they will be 60 quid minimum and atm got no spare money

Helloooo!!

I'm on a major "LETS JOIN EVERY THREAD THAT APPLIES TO ME!!" roll at the moment!

Bit of background info..

Hiii, I'm Jodie, I'm 24 and I live in small town called Hinckley in Leicestershire with my boyfriend of 5 years, 3 cats and a dog. I feel like I've been dieting since I was born. Dabbled in SW a few times now but end up caving in to bad eating habits again and gaining all the weight lost and then some. This time round, I'm not going to give up! I don't want to be a fat 30 year old! My doctor found out in July last year that I have an underactive thyroid, so my weight losses are small :( I've managed to lose a stone since January but I'm still sitting at 17 stone 2lb with another 6 stone 9lb to lose :(
My diary is here if anybody wants a nose or to join in on the daily rambles.

Hope everyone is well!

Back