20 somethings

Oh and your honeymoon sounds great Sammy! X

Thank you everyone! He really did think of everything. I didn't realise he had been putting so much thought into it!

Christie, I'm so excited for you! I feel like we've been on a real rollercoaster with you to get to your wedding day and I'm thrilled that it's nearly here! You are going to look a million dollars and your H2B is going to be bowled over!

Oh Sammy, the honeymoon sounds great and Jack as adorable as ever. I am so desperate to have a baby bump. OH has said we can start trying from my 29th birthday, so roll on August 2015!

Thank you everyone! He really did think of everything. I didn't realise he had been putting so much thought into it!

Christie, I'm so excited for you! I feel like we've been on a real rollercoaster with you to get to your wedding day and I'm thrilled that it's nearly here! You are going to look a million dollars and your H2B is going to be bowled over!

Oh Sammy, the honeymoon sounds great and Jack as adorable as ever. I am so desperate to have a baby bump. OH has said we can start trying from my 29th birthday, so roll on August 2015!

August 2015 will be here before you know it hun! You'll soon have a bubba bump of your own! :) xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It definitely has been a roller coaster, I hope yours runs more smoothly lol if you need any help or advice or just to have a wedding moan away from friends and family I cant recommend the b2b fb page enough, lovely girls on there and I dont know how I would have managed to arrange everything for my wedding without their help with supplier recommendations, ideas etc... I even have one of them doing my makeup and another helped me out when my photographer cancelled and offered up her husband!

Sounds good! I had a look but there are loads of Brides to Be pages/groups! Is it alright if I add you and track it down? I can PM you my FB name if need be.

Weddings are so expensive! We sat down and talked budgets last night. Basic venue hire plus food and drink for 120ish people (numbers are non-negotiable) comes to about £12,000 before you pay for anything else. We think we've found somewhere we can hire for £1125 (most places in Kent want £4-5K) and it looks like we could persuade them to do a Hog Roast. If not, it'd be £9K all in for food, drink and hire - cheaper than a lot of places but still so much money! The best bit is it's one of OH's favourite breweries, and as soon as I suggested it his face just lit up :D. I'm just waiting for an e-mail back from the lady in the hope we can visit it this weekend!

I've found out that the lovely lady from my group who'd lost over 10 stone is starting her own group in October. I'm so pleased because she really gets it and truly lives SW. I think, if I'm still living down here, I'll get back to group!

Aww I miss my bump, I know I have a cuddly little human now but it's just different! I miss wedding planning too actually :D

I had a nightmare of a day yesterday, baby was in a terrible mood so I got no lunch and then had college so I ended up with a kfc. Oops! However, I do now have 5 baked potatoes in the fridge so I'm going to pop off and have one now while she sleeps.

Course you can add me as friend and I will add you to the group as some of the other groups can be a bit *****y which is why I ended up in this one lol my full name is christie oliver and the pic is of me and oh

Claree I love how you have jacket spuds prepared and ready in the fridge. That's brilliant. Draw a line under the kfc and keep going.

Em, yup weddings are expensive even the basics for the ceremony adds up quickly not even taking into account for decoration, flowers etc.a lot of my friends are asking that people contribute to the honeymoon rather than buy gifts which can help costs.

Alot of the girls on the b2b page have asked for honeymoon money as a gift and then went out a few days after the wedding and just booked a last minute holiday with all the money they got, can help alot especially if you have loads of guests, you will be suprised what people will offer to contribute too, my nan bought my cake, mil bought honeymoon, mum paid for dress alterations and has helped me pay for most of the wedding

We have always said we'd like to go to Borneo for our honeymoon to visit the orangutan sanctuary, so we will definitely be asking for money for the honeymoon! We will have bought a house by then so we should be pretty much set up with all the standard wedding list stuff.

Woe on the brewery front - we have too many people to fit in the pretty, historic bit of the building so we'd have to go in their old storehouse. It's still got some history to it but it's more of a gig venue than a nice dinner and wedding place. I've bitten the bullet and e-mailed our dream venue. I haven't bothered because they don't have prices on their website so I figured it must mean they're expensive, but don't ask, don't get! I think we're going to skip dessert and just eat cake - skipping dessert could save us over £1000! The scrimping begins...

Thanks Christie - I'll add you when I get home!

We've got an appointment to get my engagement ring resized tomorrow morning! We're going in to get me properly measured and then we can get my cheap one resized now ready for holiday and send my real one in to be done while we're away. I'm so excited!

Hi I started slimming world on Sunday on line and would really benefit from some help :)
Ive previously done weight watchers but I hit a brick wall with my weight loss.
ive spent time trying to get to know the extra easy and have cooked some really yummy recipes already. I just wondered did anyone else feel really bloated when they first started? also am I really able to eat this many carbs?!!

Hey aimz, slimming world is basically carb heaven when you're used to weight watchers and their measly pasta allowance! Feel free to ask any questions though, this thread's pretty active so you'll get a reply quick :)

With wedding venues we (well, I) decided to go all out on our dream one. I absolutely fell in love with it and I think if I got married anywhere else I'd have always thought what it'd have been like in that venue. Look out for cutting costs in your drinks package too if you're having one - we saved a couple of hundred by taking out one drink and we only had 50 odd guests.

Had a good day today, totally syn free until my custard creme I had while making up a bottle - really need to move them to another cupboard to stop temptation lol. I did stop at one though *polishes halo* [ edit - just checked the syns, totally not worth 3.5! ]

Last edited:
Emily weddings can be rediculously expensive but it depends what you want. We did the whole thing for 130 day guests and about 160 evening guests in the end for £4500 and that includes dress, suits, everything! We originally went for hiring a hotel and then got screwed over with the owner selling up and running off with our deposit, but it was a blessing in disguise, we managed to have a day more unique to us and more what we wanted. Of course it all depends what is important to you. First things first, go through budget, work out what tou can realistically save and then seperate that into individual budgets depending on what's most important to you both and how much you want to spend on each thing. Most important to us was a band for the reception, food, dress and photographer. We weren't bothered about fancy venues as we went to a local park after the wedding and had our photos done there. We hired a swing and jive band and had a 1950's street party theme. Hired a local social club with a massive hall and stage and got a local butchers to do all our catering for a massive buffet, which worked out cheap as they use all their own meat so you aren't paying for them getting food from other suppliers. The food was amazing and we even got a local dance school to come and give the guests a 45 minute jive lesson before the band started, our guests had an amazing time. We searched for photographers online and found a local lady on facebook who was still a student at the time but 2 months away from being fully qualified. I liked her photos so I booked her and got her at her student prices, which meant that igot a fully qualified photographer for less than half the cheapest quote I had had online previously (and she's giving me all images -over 1000- on cd so we can do whatever prints we want!) And we got the added bonus that shes been training her husband up who has just started the course at college so she got him to come and take photos too so that all angles were covered, so we got 2 photographers for less than half the price of one and she was with me from 10:30am until just after 9pm. Work out your priorities and then go from there, but make sure you look around and do a lot of research, it really pays off and can save you thousands. Xx

Your wedding sounds amazing sammy, I was worried people would think mines boring but I only have 26 close family and friends coming so it really wasnt worth the dj or band etc.. my sister made a comment the other day how its not really a wedding without a disco but im just not bothered, I was quick to remind her that at her wedding my brother paid the £80 for her dj and ive had to struggle through and pay for mine myself, soon shut her up lol at the end of the day the marriage is more important to me than the celebration, aslong as you dont let anyone tell you what you should be doing it should be fab no matter how much you spend x

Also dont let anyone make you feel bad for spending loads on your wedding, if you can afford it and you want it then you go for it as you dont want to look back and regret giving up something you really wanted, I really wanted my ice cream cart and im having it, yea it may be raining on the day and yea its £150 for 30 guests to have 2 ice creams (althought thats good compared to most) but who cares lol

Exactly what Christie said, don't let anyone talk you into something you don't want or talk you out of something you've got your heart set on. It's you and your OH's day, not your families x

Well done christie, im proud of you for standing up to her! We didnt have any help towards ours either, had to do it all ourselves so I researched everything and it paid off! We also said to those that asked us what we would like just for euros for the honeymoon so that we could make it a honeymoon to remember and people were so generous. We were really lucky and it has helped to make it truly one to remember and we still have just under a week of it left! :) we had already paid for the honeymoon but the money given as gifts has gone towards our spending money so we haven't had to worry about it whilst we're over here. Xx

Ohhhh I'm totally set up to have my heart broken! My dream venue has come back and said we can have our own caterers and they'll order in whatever real ales and ciders we want for behind the bar. We're going to have a look next Sunday when we're down for a wedding fayre - and she's provisionally booked our date just in case. The only issue is they give you a bespoke quote, and I have no idea what sort of money we're talking for the hire and the drinks... I am so excited and super squealy at the thought I might know where and when we're getting married - but I could get there and have her tell me it's £10K straight up! Dooooooooom. I have everything crossed right now. I can't wait for next Sunday!

Em, I'd just say be straight up about your budget with them. If they give you a quote that is out of your price range tell them what your budget is and they might be able to work something out. :) but then again it could all be great value.

Christie, my mum just wanted to fill out a form. 35 years later they are still together. You are right in focussing on the marriage not the wedding.

We have a blessing (they are already married) on Saturday and a wedding on Sunday in between the two worships. Just a tad stressed as I am planning christmas at the church at the same time. Not to mention the lack of a vicar.!

Hi aimz. Eat until you are satisfied not until you pop and you will be fine.

Claree well done on iust having one. Id eat a whole pack!

And thank you for the advice on other people's attitudes to wedding spend! We're not frivolous with money but I'm not going to bust too much of a gut to go for a bargain wedding. Nor are we going to get ourselves into debt. We know we can't and don't want to cut numbers much below 110 people - I have 75 family members (inc partners) that I see regularly and we count them as our friends (I have 19 cousins) so a small wedding is out of the question. It's actually quite hard to find a big venue that is still pretty and flexible! We know we want to be married in Kent so our grandmothers don't have far to travel (they're in Bexley and Hythe) and Kent is quite expensive anyway. One venue I saw and really liked (but not as much) wanted £7880 before you even started paying for food - and that was pre-VAT! So overall they wanted £9.5K for hire!!! Madness.

Back