20 somethings

God, Em, that's insane. I hope your dream venue is more reasonable. I think we probably spent about £15k on our wedding including honeymoon. Still paying it off now mind you but I've been to a couple of weddings recently that were a lot cheaper than ours and although they were lovely and what the couple wanted - it just wasn't for me. I wanted my castle. Yes, I have ideas above my stations lol!

I just discovered that Zara do baby clothes and that Tesco have baby cowboy boots. This could get expensive!

If we get dream venue then we will look to have a blessing. My Granny really wants us to have a church wedding but we're not fussed and we will only get exclusive use of the venue if we hold our ceremony there too. It is a really beautiful place so I would rather get married there than at a church that doesn't mean anything to me. John isn't baptised so we would have to get a dispensation from the bishop anyway (Roman Catholic). Both sides of my family have a lot of priest friends (my dad was training to be one when he met my mum) so I've had all sorts of offers for blessings. I just have to sort out this dispensation first!

Baby cowboy boots?! Heaven help us. If I am lucky enough to have children I will be relying on my ridiculously girly friends to buy them all the stupidly cute stuff so I don't end up spending a fortune!

I love how your mum stole your dad from the priesthood :D we were thinking about getting a blessing but our local priest was quite arsey about it saying if we wanted approval from the church we'd have to get married in the church and they wouldn't do it on a Sunday (our venue had insane minimum numbers on a Saturday).

Feeling very pleased with myself, 26 days after giving birth, I'm in my pre-baby jeans. They're not the most comfortable they've ever been but I'm wearing them dammit!

Well done on getting into your pre pregnancy jeans! I can only hope that will be me next march lol

H&M have such cute clothes just now for babies, DH was tempted to buy a tiny ACDC t-shirt yesterday :-D

Can I ask the name of your dream venue? Theres over 500 brides on the group im sure some of them have probably at least viewed the venue, might be able to get some insight into prices if there is at least one x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Ohh Clare! I had a sneaky peek at the Zara website and ended up buying a gorgeous little plum corduroy pinafore for OH's goddaughter who's 6 months old. I can't help myself!

The venue is Port Lympne Mansion and Gardens near Hythe in Kent. It seems to be personalised quotes so I'm hoping there's haggling room. The profits go towards the wildlife park charity so I'm hoping it's not too unreasonable...

I'm sure it will all come together for you hun. I have one friend who is getting the bus to her wedding. She would walk (like they do in Italy) but people would take pictures and it would be on fb before the groom had seen her! But this is a local church to where she lives and she wanted to use the money elsewhere.

Claree, vertbaudet have good clothes and send out loads of offers. We have amazing charity shops down here with high end high street for 50p or £1. Check out pre loved places too. I sold a lot of stuff through a preloved shop and most of that I got super cheap through offers or charity shops. Luckily nate is fitting into a lot of last winter and pre summer clothes. Woop. Tesco had some really good stuff for boys earlier this year. Trying to find nice boys clothes that dont say "daddy's boy"or "mummy,'s monster" or have pictures of octonaughts or fireman Sam on them is so hard. I'm just mean I got some fab stuff out of the school skip this past week. Ha

I can see why you like that venue its gorgeous hun x

Thought I'd post this photo that my friend just posted on facebook, I love it! Xx

Sorry! It's not letting me upload! I'll try again! Xx

It keeps saying I'm not logged on or don't have permission to perdorm the action :( I'll try again when I get home, from my laptop instead of my phone. Sorry for getting your hopes up ladies!! Xx

Im married! And didnt cry!

Congratulations all you lovely ladies ........ There really must be something in the air at the minute!!!!

ImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379236466.249881.jpgImageUploadedByMiniMins.com1379236475.416571.jpg

My Chris proposed on Friday night at Durham cathedral :-D completely out of the blue to me and I have never been happier!!!! Xxxx

Congratulations Christie and Camz!!!!

Hope it was an amazing day Christie and love the ring Camz xxx

Congratulations ladies!! :) xx

Wow congrats camz!!! Eek exciting ao many weddings and proposals lately!

Back