20 somethings

Where are these pictures of your new hair, Miss Fran?!!

Had dinner at my dad's last night and he made lamb shanks slow cooked in red wine. *drools* The trouble was he followed it up by proudly announcing he'd made his first ever apple crumble. He was so pleased with himself that I had to have some really. It was very nice but I think it was about 16 syns for the crumble mix alone! Sugar, butter and flour - not good! It was utterly lovely though and worth it to see the big smile on his face. Proud as punch, he was!

They're turning all the power off in my office at 16.30 so I'm off early today. Yipppeeeeee!! What's everyone got planned for the weekend?

Oh just sunning it by the poolside and on the beach and eating lush food! Lol not much really planned for me! Just booked quad biking in the sinai desert for wednesday! Very excited now!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Sounds great Christie

Im at a wedding tomorrow and having a ME day on Sunday. I think a nice meal, bit of shoppi and a trip to the cinema might be in order.

Your dad sounds so cute bless him. Treat it as a one off and move on staying on plan and you will be fine hun. Woop for the early finish though.

Not been able to take a photo that shows the new colour because it is at the side. It is just a bleach blonde for now, but im looking forward to playing with various colours. Have you got more exciting weekend plans?

Just busy weekend plans! I was meant to be at friend's birthday drinks tonight but she's moved them to tomorrow, so instead we're staying at my mum's tonight as a slightly-closer-to-everything-else point! Tomorrow we're taking OH's goddaughter to a farm for the day and then back for my cousin's birthday drinks followed by the birthday drinks we were supposed to be at tonight! Sunday is a wedding fayre at dream venue, so be prepared for moping. On Monday we're seeing another of OH's friends who works at Canterbury Cathedral so she's taking us on a free tour!

It will all be lovely but I am SHATTERED! About to get into my pjs and snuggle up with my kindle. Wishing I hadn't used my HexA on dinner as I'd love a milky hot chocolate.

How was the wedding, Fran?

We asked my aunt and uncle if they were free for us to pop round yesterday as we would be in the area and they said they'd said it'd be great and we could have lunch together. When we got there they'd invited my Granny, auntie, cousin + gf and auntie's mum for a full roast with 3 puddings! It was lovely to see everyone - a big surprise though!

Had a lovely lie in this morning. Just getting ready to go to Canterbury for the day with OH's friend who we haven't seen for ages. I'd be dead on my feet without the lie in!

1 week tomorrow I'll be on a plane to the Dominican Republic. Squeeeeeee!

Last edited:
Hey ladies! I was on this thread ages ago so I hope you don't mind me rejoining!

I am currently moved to the middle east and settling in nicely!

Me and my OH got engaged!!! Just waiting on my ring to come back next week from being resized, very excited! I've been looking up wedding dresses and all sorts! So, I've decided this week that it's time to give SW a go, see how I get on. Our engagement party is in November which I'm hoping to lose half a stone for? Not a big ask.. WI today for the first time in a very long time and was delighted to be 77kg! Getting that down a little will be a challenge but OH is coming home early today from work so planning on getting some shopping in and meal planning! Good thing out here is that the bread/pastries are whoaful which was my downfall at home!

Haven't read back through the thread yet but a massive hi to all you ladies :D and I know you've all shrunk since I last was here!

Hey ladies! First day, back on track, but the first day is always the easiest isn't it! :D

Planning on having chicken curry and rice tonight (with bulky out veggies) for dinner.. Dawdling on how to make the sauce..

Other than that a quiet day at my house, did some diy invitation rough rough samples today! I'm thinking if I buy the stuff were I am (in bahrain) and take it home, it might be slightly cheaper? I have an awful feeling I'm gonna turn into a bridezilla!

Welcome back Tata and congrats. Your girlies are engagement and wedding crazy :) x

Glad u had a lovely holiday sammie. As for the untidy house if anybody ever came round to our house they would have heart failure and that's with 4 grown adults an no kids in it!! :) x

Glad the wedding went well fran :) x

Wi tonight for me and after what I thought had been a good second week a measly 0.5 loss was gutted. Especially having turned down offers do cake twice on Sunday and despite drinking wine on Friday night getting straight back on plan Saturday. Ho Hum back to it tomorrow x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Jo, its still a loss though so thats great!

Thanks girls, finding it very easy to get back into the swing of things, went to the shop last night and stocked up on my fruit and veggies!
Planning on a small session in the gym thats in my complex this afternoon as well.

Feeling a little bored at home now that I'm not working but at least I'm being productive in that I'm getting through all the books I had on my kindle! :D

Well done, Jo! When I first joined SW I lost 0.5lb in the first week and was quite disappointed - but over the next 5 WIs I lost 12lbs! Stick with it and you'll get the results you deserve. :)

I was pleased last night with my 2lb loss. I am weighing fully clothed in the evening so hopefully there won't be too much of a change when I go back to group in a few weeks. I've just got to work hard to keep that 2lbs off as I had a synful weekend and it's going to creep up on me!

Congratulations, tata! That's you, me and Laura in a matter of weeks!

Jo, its still a loss though so thats great!

Thanks girls, finding it very easy to get back into the swing of things, went to the shop last night and stocked up on my fruit and veggies!
Planning on a small session in the gym thats in my complex this afternoon as well.

Feeling a little bored at home now that I'm not working but at least I'm being productive in that I'm getting through all the books I had on my kindle! :D

Thanks Tata I know I was just sulking lol. Back on it today tho. You sound really motivated which is fab too. Kindle reading should be a full time job it's hard work ;) x

Well done, Jo! When I first joined SW I lost 0.5lb in the first week and was quite disappointed - but over the next 5 WIs I lost 12lbs! Stick with it and you'll get the results you deserve. :)

I was pleased last night with my 2lb loss. I am weighing fully clothed in the evening so hopefully there won't be too much of a change when I go back to group in a few weeks. I've just got to work hard to keep that 2lbs off as I had a synful weekend and it's going to creep up on me!

Congratulations, tata! That's you, me and Laura in a matter of weeks!

Thanks Hun I know and I've been doing this long enough to know that it sometimes comes off the next week. It's just gutting getting on those scales and then having a whole nother week to wait.

Sounds like your back focused after your synful weekend tho em and no doubt u will keep that 2lb off x

Right ladies I'm off to work :( x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

LOL Jo, yup, I wish kindle reading was a full time job!

Thanks lyrical, it's a wonderful time isn't it?

I'm not taking the plunge though until sept 2015.. Long enough away that I can fit nicely in a dress! LOL

Had 4 mini bounty bars, 10 syns total!

Going out for a steak tonight with my OH and the ones from his office, they do baked potato and all as extras so should be low-syns

So steak night was good, nice to get out and about!!

This morning, I'm polishing my halo, managed to get to the gym for half hour and ate some watermelon after to replenish my thirst!

Having an omlette for lunch, might have it with salad and baked beans to fill me up as OH won't be home till 8 tonight and I plan to have dinner with him!

Im dreading getting on the scales when I get back from honeymoon! I go home tonight, so gutted its fantastic here! We went quad biking in the sinai desert yesterday and then drank bedouin tea with some of the tribe it was absolutely amazing! We will definately be back one day! The only thing good about going home is hopefully my wedding pics being finished.

Welcome back tata and congrats on the engagement! Lots going on in here these days and lots to motivate you all now, I dont have anything big to motivate me now but I know I want to do it for myself now which I hope will make all the difference.

Hope everyone is well x

I woke up feeling 10x worse this morning and really nauseous with this cold. I'm moping at home. I've got to get myself threaded and waxed for holiday later (I struggled to get an appointment in time) and I don't know how I'm going to get through it! Trying to be good with my food when all I really want is bread.

On a super positive note, OH came home to check on me at lunchtime with the news that our dream venue has offered us nearly 15% off the hire rate! I have a very big, close family so I think they've realised they'll make a fortune off us elsewhere. It's very welcome though. Hopefully we'll have it BOOKED by the end of today!

Thanks CH2B, btw, you looked fab on your wedding day!!

Lyrical, thats great news, I'm trying to swap the gym membership they give for rooms instead as we won't be using it!

Gah ladies, all I want to do is eat! Had 2 mini bounty bars, which were 10 syns but there is nothing else synful in the house and I'm going to leave the bread for my OH lunch tomorrow!

Gonna have some more watermelon and read my kindle for a while, hope I'm not eating out of boredom!

Thanks hun, looking forward to getting my other pics back now, nearly on the way to the airport :( dont wanna go back to reality!

Back