20 somethings

Also, feeling super chuffed! I bought a dress in a size 12, hoping to slim into it for Christmas (I know you should buy stuff that fits rather than aiming at them, but it was £100 down to £50!) but it turned up today and it already fits! Yayyyyy. NSV!

Amazing! Congratulations that's great

Hi, I'm 23 And joined SW in May, have lost 1st 9lb so far!! I have realised I love cooking and have so many ingredients in my cupboard now! It's been really nice having to buy new clothes and all the comments from friends and family! Keep it up you have done really well!! X

Aww Clare, bless her little face! She's so gorgeous!

Wow! Well done, Caitlan! I love the cooking element of SW too. I have actually bought some of the recipe books now I'm back at group and I love trying new stuff. The latest random acquisition was 'amchoor' (dried mango powder) for the SW samosas!

It took about 2 stone for my family to notice my weightloss (or be confident enough to mention it I guess). One of my motivational memories is walking in to a room full of my dad's family (he's one of 8) the night before my cousin's wedding and just being showered with compliments because they hadn't seen me since I'd started SW. They'd all had quite a bit to drink already and were feeling very 'enthusiastic' but it was great to get praise for my hard work!

Still buzzing over the dress - it means I don't have to find something else to wear to my dad's birthday dinner in 2 weeks' time. I've just had an invitation through for an old colleague's evening wedding reception on 21st Dec so that's my new mini motivator. I was exactly 2 stone heavier than I am now the last time I saw any of them so I want to wow - particularly since it was one of her bridesmaids that first got me on to SW!

Woo well done Em, I bet you look gorgeous in it.

Welcome back Clare. She is beautiful. yup, motherhood is tricky at times. :) wait until she is mobile and vocal... argh! haha.

Hello new comers *waves* well done on your wonderful losses.

I have got zero appetite tonight. I roasted a butternut squash and a sweet potato and had 1/3 of them with two LM RO&R sausages and I feel fit to burst! I've only had 3 syns today too - I feel like I'm cheating myself out of all sorts of yumminess. I was going to have a hot chocolate with what's left of my HexA but I left my measured milk in the fridge at work - doh! I couldn't squeeze it in anyway.

Just skimming through the menu for our office Christmas meal and I just can't find anything very SW friendly... What would you go for?

Pasta in a tomato, mascarpone and olive sauce - mascarpone cannot be good!
Lamb, redcurrant and rosemary meatballs with spinach, mash and gravy - syns for gravy, whatever's in the mash, cooked fruit and lamb mince
Roast duck breast with buttered pak choi, spring onion, crispy baby potatoes, ginger beer glaze and mango, pineapple and lime salsa - syns for butter, glaze, crispy potatoes, salsa if cooked
Chicken and chorizo salad with cos, cauliflower, chard, carrot, spinach, edamame beans, pomegranate and fat free dressing - syns for chorizo
Beef and merlot casserole with red onion, shallots, seasonal veg and mash - syns for wine and gravy and probably non-lean meat
Pork belly with sage and onion stuffing, Braeburn apple mash, seasonal veg and sage sauce

I don't want to look too obviously like I'm on a diet and I think I'll feel a bit deprived if I have a salad, tasty as it sounds. I just don't know what's the lesser of the evils!

Can you not flexi syn through the rest of the week so you can have what you want and just limit extras like drinks and skip dessert?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

If it was me I'd pick the casserole. As a rule I avoid "crispy" and "glaze" an "buttered" so that rules out duck for me, pork belly is very fatty, the salad and pasta would be so boring, I don't like gravy, mash will be full of butter and/or cream and lamb mince is very fatty. Casserole sounds filling and tasty, yeah you have the wine and the possibility of not lean meat, but it'll be better than belly or mince generally, again you have the mash synfulness. I agree with christie to pick something you like and cut back in other areas.

I think I'm going for the casserole. That may present more issues though as I think I have to have a starter or dessert with it too because it's on the Christmas menu. I will report back!

Even when I'm absolutely certain I've picked something 'safe' it'll arrive with the salad smothered in dressing or the veg dripping in butter. I remember going for dinner at a friend's when I'd just started SW and she'd cooked pasta bake - a pretty safe, SW staple - but with standard mince, a jar of Homepride sauce and allowing for double my HexA of cheese I think it came to 38 syns per portion! It's criminal when you know how easy it is to make it syn free.

Scales are going the wrong way for me, too - and I'm out for dinner tomorrow night - night before WI! Gah!

I am so gassy at the moment. OH has taken to calling me Saturn (a gas giant with rings). It's a good job he loves me because I feel pretty minging! I feel like you could tie a bit of string round my ankle and I'd float off in the air!

Me too...scales are going back up ?

I've really struggled to get back into it since the wedding/honeymoon.

In at the in laws for dinner tonight, so I'm going to face the scales tomorrow morning and start a fresh.

I've got a lot of nights out coming up over Xmas and don't want to feel fat and bloated like I do now. Aiming for 1/2 stone loss by Xmas.

I'd like 1/2 stone too, please! Should be doable with 6 WIs to go. I'd be happy with just 0.5lbs with the way I'm feeling at the moment!

I feel awful today. I have been having real trouble sleeping for the past week. I think I got about 3 hours last night. My face is killing me - I think it might be sinus related. I'm going to stock up on decongestants at lunchtime and see if I can kick this. My whole face just throbs and it's even more noticeable when I lie down. It seems to throw my digestive system out when I don't sleep properly. It makes me so miserable.

Sounds like a good idea, Mrs B. I struggled to get back to it after we got engaged - too busy enjoying myself! I needed the break though and was glad to just draw a line under it and get back to it. Fingers crossed the scales aren't too mean!

Night out for dinner cancelled! Phew! Settling in for a nice easy tea of LM sausages, chips and beans. I had a big pot of kiwi, pineapple, mango and grapes as an afternoon pick me up so I think I've had my superfree fix for the night. I'm in the horrible stage of not feeling hungry but knowing if I don't eat I'll wake up in the early hours with a rumbly tummy!

I added an extra pillow last night so my head tilted further forward and the pain reduced almost immediately. I feel like surely if there's an infection I'd be having full blown cold symptoms and a whole lot more mucus. I feel a little stuffy but nothing more (other than achey face pain under my eyes). It's not debilitating, it just makes me feel a bit meh, so I'm going to give it a bit longer on the decongestants but if there's no improvement I'll have to admit defeat and get some antibiotics.

Today was going to be a green day but I'm going to get OH to batch cook some bolognese while I'm at group tonight because I fancy something meaty and tomatoey. I'm not sure what lunch will be - I was going to make pizza bread with a WW Petit Pain but I've used my HexB on bran flakes and I feel like 6 syns on a tiny roll is a bit of a waste. I've got a stash of Mugshots but I don't like having pasta before WI. I need to do some proper planning tonight as I've winged it this week. I've been 100% on plan, but I've just not been very organised.

Back