1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

> 200g Rice / Pasta on Original for 2 syns!!

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by Minimunchkins, 12 April 2014 Social URL.

1. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    In case anyone doesn't see my post on the 'Bargain' thread - I asked if anyone had tried the pouches of Rice / Pasta / Noodles available form H&B.
    They're totally fat, sugar & gluten free & for a whopping 200g serving of the rice it'd only cost you 1 syn on Original - the pasta / noodles would be 2 syns for the 200g:eek:

They wouldn't be partic cheap normally but as they're included in the current 1p sale, a pouch comes in at £1.25. If they're not rank (I'll try one this lunch) I might stock up on a couple each week while the sale is on :D

[​IMG]

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Minimunchkins

Minimunchkins Gold Member

Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Well I've done it!

When I opened the outer pack, yes, there was a very slight fishy smell but the instructions say you've got to rinse before heating & that rinsing got rid of any odour. You'll need to use a fine sieve not a colander - the 'rice' fits through the holes (I ended up using a tea strainer to retrieve a lot of it :p). The 'pasta' & 'noodle' versions might have bigger pieces so might not slip through.

I'd liken it more to noodle texture - short & stumpy not much like rice AND it's got no flavour at all so either use a flavoursome sauce or season it to your liking for a side dish.

On the whole, it wasn't bad - I personally likened the texture difference between real rice & this as the same as quorn mince to real mince - hope that make sense! It would never pass as the real thing but its OK (especially as a filler for anyone on Original).

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.